• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So I was just in a game were we were up 30 to 8 at 25 mins. Then our Jax DC'd and we couldnt win fast enough so we lost. In my promo series too lol. Hopefully I can win these next 2 or imma be sad.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I was stuck in upper plat 1 forever at the end of last season, struggling to get diamond. Now I've been struggling to get out of plat 5, last time I breezed through 5-2 :x (my experience was an easy time in lower silver, then an easy time from gold 5-2, then easy plat 5-2, but division 1 was always super hard)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Too bad thresh will win every duel for a ward.
But Sona is a strong and independent woman!

@ Dre89 Dre89 Why didn't you invite me to your ranked 5's team. I'm very offended. Am I not good enough? I am a bit bothered by this. I am dejected. Will Jezmo play without me? Who will be your 5th? /cryingfacething

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
But Sona is a strong and independent woman!

@ Dre89 Dre89 Why didn't you invite me to your ranked 5's team. I'm very offended. Am I not good enough? I am a bit bothered by this. I am dejected. Will Jezmo play without me? Who will be your 5th? /cryingfacething
I haven't invited you yet because it's a team with my cousin and his friends. We're still waiting on whether 2 of his mates will play with us. I invited Jez because we needed a mid laner. I just made the team because I know Jez and unlike my cousin I have the balls to kick out anyone who gets toxic.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Rip URF mode

I will miss you. Now to never play again so I can preserve such wonderful scores on my lolking like 33/7/9, 35/14/4 and my personal favourite, 3/25/6.

I haven't invited you yet because it's a team with my cousin and his friends. We're still waiting on whether 2 of his mates will play with us. I invited Jez because we needed a mid laner. I just made the team because I know Jez and unlike my cousin I have the balls to kick out anyone who gets toxic.
but i luv yew

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Still better than me where I was Silver 5 last season and god only knows where I'm at this season.
I was Gold 4 last season which is where some of my frustration comes from ATM.

Still gonna work on it but between that, school, smash practice and developing am RPG it's a tad hard to dedicate time.

Edit: also working out so I can lose wieght, 26 more lbs to go.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Apparently it's still ongoing.
(At least theres an announcement it will be on OCE).

Said they'll be throwing bans on Alistar, Kayle, Soraka, Hecarim, Skarner and someone else and it'll be up for another week.

Apparently Sona had a 78% win rate on URF prior to her ban.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
skarner was ********.

literally unkillable.

Honestly, LB is/was also stupid. I can not understand how she is capable of basically one shotting a 4k health relatively high MR build Mundo... I don't understand... poor me :(

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
skarner was ********.

literally unkillable.

Honestly, LB is/was also stupid. I can not understand how she is capable of basically one shotting a 4k health relatively high MR build Mundo... I don't understand... poor me :(
So is someone like zed if he just goes BT LW and hydra/bork.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I think it's more of his passive making his abilities zero cool down.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
only one that's 0 is literally Q when he can use two under a second. Otherwise everyone else basically has 0 cooldowns too lol.
Besides, characters like annie in urf **** on him since she gets 3 stuns in under 7 seconds when they slam their faces on the keyboard.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, they banned Skarner why? I tried Galio and it was absurdly good.
I think Veigar's my favorite URF champion so far. .8 second cooldown on Q.. I still haven't quite gotten to 1,000 AP before the games ended though.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Galio would be amazing in normal mode if he had a reliable way of getting off his ult without flash. I think his passive has made him misunderstood, because people think he's only good for heavy AP comps. In reality nothing about his kit actually makes him better at tanking magic damage, and ironically he's probably better against heavy AD teams.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
the heal you get per auto attack applies to champions too right?
I noticed it didn't apply to attacking inhibs and pretty sure on turrets as well.

Feral Flare seems really strong, but I'm having a hard time fulling grasping why. If you're getting 50 health per auto attack, that's definitely probably what's tipping it over, but the bonus magic damage doesn't seem extreme.
I don't think it currently fills the niche riot intended it to, to help single target junglers get back into the jungle. As the AOE clearers are still the ones getting the most out of it (their aoe kills small things quite quickly then feral flare lets you take out the biggie within the same moment).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Doesn't Wit's End do more damage for most of the game? But the heal's pretty nice

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I think what makes FF too strong is just how damn efficient it is. It's gold efficient on its raw stats alone not counting the gold generation you get from free wards, its actual gold generation, and its on hit passive. It's just got to be among the most efficient items in the game.
Wriggles could do with being more expensive, perhaps make Maim deal reduced damage to Epic monsters in addition to champions. It's pretty absurd how it makes dragon and even Baron laughable.

I think it fills its niche well. It gives strength to auto attack reliant junglers. I don't think it really matters if an AoE junglers that also rely on auto attacking (like Nocturne, Yi, Skarner, etc.) get more from it, as AoE clear is just always going to be more successful at large. It's no surprise at all that single target champs like Warwick and Trundle have found more success in lane than they ever did in the jungle. FF is good for them, sure, but single target clearing is just such a crippling trait in the jungle when seconds spent at each camp can change the game.
I mean really, how are you going to make an item that favors single target clearing without being good for AoE? Rito should just accept that those champs are just going to be better in lane and balance them as such.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
On the bright side, at least you don't have to stop attacking to wait out barriar to go down.

And heal has a longer CD so bigger window to make a play after burning it. Its also not effectively used if you focus 1 target and the other target is nearly full.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Except Heal is used on two people, so youre getting almost double the HP from it (and even more at some point around level 8 or something, not sure on the exact level) AND it has a movement speed buff AND it counter Ignite, which Barrier is countered by. The threat of Heal in bot lane single handedly forces the enemy Support to not run Ignite, otherwise get it hard countered now, and Heal is arguably better in lane while being drastically better late game. Like, sure there are those very few occasions where Barrier would help more, but Heal is better easily at least 90% of the time. And thats a very generous percentage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom