• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shaco does negative damage. That's why people don't use him. He really needs a good starting point of gold more than any other jungler in the game to not be completely useless. Shaco can still be inhibited by good ward placement whilst Eve gets that **** underwraps for free. She also comes with easier team fight.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't understand where people are getting this idea that Shaco does no damage. His damage early game is really strong, and a lot of Shacos take ignite over flash for the early kill potential to get that early gold. He doesn't really need flash because he already has three escape mechanisms, one of them being a flash that stealths him. Once he gets a waveclear item like a shiv or a hydra hes a much better splitpusher than Eve because he has good escape and takes towers a lot quicker. The only damage that drops off lategame is his up-front burst, but he still has the outplay potential to duel pretty much any champion in the game once he gets a BOTRK.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Eve has more team fight presence, and it's easier to track Shaco across the map.
I think those are the biggest reasons why Eve is more popular than Shaco.

Player-3

Smash Hero
shaco damage is bonkers

problem is if he ****s up it's extremely easy to turn a gank around on him and just kill him

john!

Smash Hero
ppl still build eve full AP which is wrong IMO

i used to build lots of magic pen but after the ravage change i'm finding some success with rageblade + gunblade + flat AD rune page (maybe hybrid pen marks but i don't have those)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shaco has amazing damage scaling, but he rarely is strong enough early game to turn around losing match ups/lost lanes. His ideal conditions are teams where every lane has a positive match up, as he can turn any 10% difference into something exponentially higher very easily. His squishieness on top of his lack of early game damage is really significant. It means he rarely has any kill potential whatsoever unless the person he's ganking is super ****ing squishie and the person your ganking for is able to hit their hard cc and could basically kill them 1v1 without you anyway.

Basically Shaco feeds on the sick and weak in this game

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
A red buff Shaco with ignite up has a pretty good chance of getting a kill if the laner gets CCd. A Shaco with ignite up can 1v1 pretty much every jungler, with a few possible exceptions such as Udyr or Shyv.

I get that he sucks if he falls behind, but my point is that I don't get why Eve sees usage when she has the exact same problem.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Ignite + Smite is pretty ballsy man even with a good escape like Deceive.

It's also not really true to say that Eve has the exact same problems.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Shaya, did you read about that change they were talking about on Shaco in testing? Funny as ****:

Meddler also commented on internal playtests, sharing a story about a Shaco rework prototype that Yasuo deleted from the game:
"Playtests are usually good fun, though they're work first and play second (really different mentality to a normal game).

Random playtest story from the other day: We were playtesting some possible changes to Shaco's ult last week as part of his rework that involved Shaco firing a missile that he and his clone then split out of once it reached its destination (similar functionality to the current ult, bit more control over placement basically). The enemy team had a Yasuo however, and so, mid teamfight, Shaco ults and then Yasuo windwalls, destroying the missile in mid flight. Since this was an experimental change we hadn't accounted for that interaction and so, when the missile was destroyed by the wall, Shaco went with it, never reappearing. Whole group of playtesters broke into applause/laughter once we realized what had happened. TLDR: Yasuo literally deleted Shaco from that game."
:applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Ignite + Smite is pretty ballsy man even with a good escape like Deceive.
To all the shaco discussion, Ignite smite is pretty much standard on him like AD's going barrier flash.
If I see any shaco's go anything else outside of maybe exhaust, they're **** m8. Unless they want to splitpush only all day, then teleport lol.

Also what P3 said, easy to turn it around cause Shaco already used his 8 second flash to initiate so now he's a sitting duck unless he hopefully kills someone. As for his early damage... like I said a couple posts back, it's why I gank mid right after red almost always.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I think Eve's biggest weakness is that she loses most 2v2s and has a hard time recovering if she falls behind. I feel that the best way to counter her would be to pick a strong duelist, and then just camp your lanes that are pushing so you can countergank her inevitable gank.

I'm surprised that she gets used but Shaco doesn't. They're pretty similar in that they're both squishy assassins who are really snowbally both ways. Eve has better up-front burst and probably has a better clear, but Shaco is a better duelist and has better objective control.

gj answering your own question

Niko45

Smash Master
I honestly can't remember the last time I saw jungle eve, certainly not in like 40+ ranked games this season. I've definitely seen more shacos.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
So what do you guys think about Yasuo? I picked him up, sucked with him for a week or so, and then I suddenly figured it out. I play him mid at the moment, I'll probably try top lane and jungle soon. He sure does a lot of damage, I love building IE on him after shiv for that damage and crit. Yasuo is pretty strong, I don't know about OP, but I like to say I earned it anyways.

I'm thinking about maining him, and the assassin role, gonna back it up with a few champs, which I don't have at the moment, looking to pick up Rengar next, and keeping Khazix in mind as well. c:

Also, I love playing the Harmonica on High Noon Yasuo! :D Harmonica > Flute, but my friend likes the flute better. ;-;

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
He's certainly a strong champ right now, but people seem to think he's Kassadin-level broken and I don't think he's there, at least in soloQ where your teammates won't necessarily pick someone like Malphite to back him up.

I keep meaning to start playing him but I never get time...

(Then again, I don't even think Kassadin is Kassadin-level broken, YMMV.)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He's really not broken, but he's still very strong. People thought he was for a while and they tried to play him in LCS and he lost almost every game he was picked.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Resourceless hyper carries. I wonder how they could ever go wrong. I wonder how they could ever not be enjoyable to play against. I wonder how they could ever not be ******** to lane against. I wonder why every champion isn't just resourceless.

I wouldn't say yasuo is the most broken thing since sliced bread, but my god is it ******** how little counterplay that champion actually has once he's in his clique. Land a ****ing single skill shot mid to late game and you're basically Fioraing the entire team fight without a single draw back while doing aoe knock ups. Glorious.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I feel Yasuo is pretty strong in solo q for some obvious reasons, but he's pretty situational in Draft/Tournament. He's one of the only champions that really requires you to pick specific other champions, and vs certain other teams, that might not be a good idea. That and I'd imagine most competitive teams would do their best to abuse his weak early laning.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
So I was playing a quick game today and just...omg. This poor Teemo was trying so hard to carry his team. Can't help but feel bad for the guy.
O: Hey Sunny, YOU PLAY LEAGUE!?

Edit: Oh wait, you're new. We should play! Add Squirvizard if you want to. c:

Yasuo's a broken piece of ****.
I should buy him.
Pfffff

Resourceless hyper carries. I wonder how they could ever go wrong. I wonder how they could ever not be enjoyable to play against. I wonder how they could ever not be ******** to lane against. I wonder why every champion isn't just resourceless.

I wouldn't say yasuo is the most broken thing since sliced bread, but my god is it ******** how little counterplay that champion actually has once he's in his clique. Land a ****ing single skill shot mid to late game and you're basically Fioraing the entire team fight without a single draw back while doing aoe knock ups. Glorious.
:I Now this makes me want to play someone else just to prove my worth. And, that is pretty much almost all I need to do. One ult all-in, and they're goners, and I always throw a nado at them when they go for cs so they can't dodge it. :3

So, what do you guys think about Rengar, though? I said before I'm looking to pick him up next.

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Rengar's rework needs to come out pronto

Watching my teammates get deleted isn't fun. (Unless if i'm lulu then i can react in time when i see him jump)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Rengar's rework needs to come out pronto

Watching my teammates get deleted isn't fun. (Unless if i'm lulu then i can react in time when i see him jump)
Rengar's fine. Your team just sucks. :applejack:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Anyone else remember Tristana top from season 1 (TSM mostly)? I'm kinda digging it. Pretty onesided shizzle mcnizzle in 1v1 against melees. E is basically manaless in terms of its CD and healing debuffs are the boss. Two escapes makes ganking/diving her pretty hard; which is generally the reason why you don't want to put ADCs at top because of how overly susceptible they are to being camped.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I tried it out during Preseason.
She wins vs most Melees like any ranged AP would do top. It shouldn't be surprising.

:applejack:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
For ADCs top, it's about surviving lane, not winning (because yeah, you win most by default). Having a relatively hard-scaling per level wave clear is pretty phenomenal. She just keeps getting safer and safer at a usually faster rate than your enemies do in terms of the capabilities to **** you over. A friend and I try ADC top a lot and none of them are really that capable of soloing in a competitive manner.

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
I'm in a slump, anyone got advice for long losing streaks?
Just take a break. It's what everyone says, but it works. As a rule of thumb, stop playing if you lose twice in a row.

Beyond that, play a game of normals or even co-op vs bots before going into ranked so you can warm up?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The cycle of self torture continues, we will cry, they will die.
Sick of **** supports as ADC? Go top
Sick of Top? Go Jungle
Sick of Jungle? Go Mid
Sick of Mid? Start trolling (usually results in you ending up as support anivia)

Just get out of the same cycles you're likely repeating in every game you're playing. If you're losing so much with the characters you prefer the most, then start losing with characters who just win games and are super easy. I think every new character I've learned at this point has been from a 'ceebffff' and just going the current FOTM (or someone else i have an inkling for liking) and change my perspective from purely winning to learning.

I also find ignoring what characters I'm good at/etc and just counterpick *******. Counterpicking enemies is usually a sure fire way of winning games. Like, you don't have to be [that] good with Lee Sin or Malphite if they send Jax top.

Last edited:

Okuser

Smash Ace
i'm usually the unluckiest person ever (lots of allied d/c's but never on the other team)

but I just got BACK to BACK enemy d/c's for a 2-0 promotion series that only took like 35 minutes. GG LOL.

Top Bottom