• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If there is a Nasus on the enemy team, I cringe when the opposite team's ADC doesn't bother going Cleanse.

I mean, I know Barrier's god, but I'd rather have an insta-slow removal in teamfights over a shield that Nasus is going to explode through anyways. It's the sacrifice you gotta deal with in lane phase. Just silly how a lot of players don't care to look for the long term advantages.

:applejack:
It's sorrow queue in a nutshell: win lane, win game. I play AP Kog'Maw in arranged ranked. It's not that he loses lanes, he's just the biggest sitting duck in the history of the universe to jungler intervention. There's no way I'd ever bother with it in sorrow queue because I don't expect to win lanes with him, it doesn't matter (like 90% win rate). I can't trust 3 or 4 randoms to keep calm and collected in those situations because people play and only focus on one stage of the frikken game because the meta is overwhelmingly focused on static flow charts.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The amount of pings you gotta do sometimes are ridiculous.

Positive attitude is still probably the best thing you can do in solo q. I've only played 10 games, but only in 2 of them did anyone on my teams say anything that could be perceived as negative, and coincidentally, I only lost those games.

Team morale is ridiculously powerful. People will listen if your team bands together. :applejack:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Hey guys just wondering what you guys think about dshield vs cloth5 against an ad lane. This is assuming that you will build that cloth into a major item later.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Too bad mercury treads and/or early QSS or the support getting that chalice upgrade is too far out of the mainstream build paths for people to ever consider their existence.Like, I literally came from an era where the only boot upgrade option was Mercury treads unless you were Jax. The day I see ranged carries build mercury treads is the day that things start actually getting harder for the dog.

Nasus problems doe? Pick Anivia and Skarner. Throw in Ashe with cleanse and that dog is super ****ed.
I build treads on varus and Lucian.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Usually MU dependant. Sometimes tabi on Lucian instead and just rely on TF attack speed for him since he doesn't need it much outside if you want more shots from ult.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Who needs merc treads when you can get zepher
It's honestly the most awkward "late game" item there is (well, there is QSS and it's upgrade). It's pretty good when you're 3k ahead of the enemy carry/x/y/etc and buy it outright but it doesn't give anyone spikes nor does it overly round off builds like defensive items tend to do.

Niko45

Smash Master
Hey guys just wondering what you guys think about dshield vs cloth5 against an ad lane. This is assuming that you will build that cloth into a major item later.
Cloth 5 is horrendous start. Dshield is the best start. Generally you will lose trades badly with cloth 5 because you have an insignificant amount of armor (that dshield passive practically gives for free) and no extra hp. If you're talking about a melee vs melee lane losing trades early just loses lane outright as you basically from the get go can not walk up and cs ever or else in a couple of rotations of spells you are killable and your 5 pots will not get used in time.

Anyways, speaking of Nasus I just utterly stomped (and I mean absolutely murked) a Nasus with Vlad top and hyper carried. Vlad still a monster if he gets a good matchup.

I think Zephyr is a pretty bad item speaking from the perspective of somebody who plays a lot of trynd and jax and have built it a bunch at various intervals of games. Just severely lackluster all around. Better options are out there.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Um.

Cloth 5 is fine. I still prefer cloth 5 to Dolan's because I feel it's safer esp if you lose early trades, and you can sustain forever.

Niko45

Smash Master
It's very not fine. At least in top lane. Maybe a ranged AP vs Zed or something its ok (I wouldn't know). I think I have like 100% kill rate on ppl who start lane with cloth 5. You literally can't lane with that unless they are just not punishing you for it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
he is?
he's been seeing fairly regular LCS play up top lane to counter things like Olaf/Mundo/Shyv
robs all their stats, peels them off of carries, never dies... he's in a good place now
his only problem is his wave clear, so he really needs to be forcing fights but he's good at that because Pillar and BotRK catches people out easily
He has? I haven't been keeping up tbh.

I just feel like he is actually pretty good but for some reason no soloQ picks.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
it takes a few weeks for solo queue to pick up on the lcs picks, at least that's been my experience
so I would expect Trundle picks in solo queue to start happening very shortly

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Thing is Trundle is particularly useful mostly because people these days love playing Bruisers that just run at your team and mostly build defense while relying on base damage. This makes Trundle's pillar and ult particularly powerful.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I played against a Trundle as Urgot the other day. Between my passive, his Q and our Dshields I don't think I've ever seen trades so harmless.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I just played Kayle top for the first time and i just felt so bad for my lane opponent. So bad...but so good.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Kayle and Trundle are two champs who I've always thought were way better than their usage suggested. Same with Chogath and like every melee ADC.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I've been out of competitive meta but when did she turn OP?

She is fair from a counter play situation imo.
imo it's the fact that her ult's damage is no longer dependent on the rank of the spell you are copying
you're free to max W for the waveclear and map mobility but still get the burst damage from mimicking your Q
whereas before if you were maxing W your ult Q would tickle them, and mimicking your W was never that impressive even if you were maxing it

there were a bunch of other smaller things they did for her like mimicked E doing the same damage as mimicked Q if you get root off, and the ult being 0 mana at all ranks instead of only rank three but definitely the biggest thing is not being really punished for maxing W anymore
the solution to Leblanc historically was push her in and roam because her CS at tower was garbage and that's not really the case now with the W max

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
imo it's the fact that her ult's damage is no longer dependent on the rank of the spell you are copying
you're free to max W for the waveclear and map mobility but still get the burst damage from mimicking your Q
whereas before if you were maxing W your ult Q would tickle them, and mimicking your W was never that impressive even if you were maxing it

there were a bunch of other smaller things they did for her like mimicked E doing the same damage as mimicked Q if you get root off, and the ult being 0 mana at all ranks instead of only rank three but definitely the biggest thing is not being really punished for maxing W anymore
the solution to Leblanc historically was push her in and roam because her CS at tower was garbage and that's not really the case now with the W max
huh.. I wanna try this now

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I saw an image on r/leagueoflegends of this toxic player who went 0/105/0 or something like that and had 0 minions,1 mobility boots, and 4 zeals. Somehow his team still won. I wish I could fine it.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
God, seriously, forget Nasus, i'm settled on using Rammus.

Even when i'm not getting kills, I just feel like i'm being a huge help to the team. His mobilitys so damn good that he can sneak his way into almost any fight and either lock an opponent down with taunt and kill, or help someone escape while he stomaches the hits, then just run away with his E. His ults also really amazing for pushing. Just seems like it tears towers to shreds pretty fast for a tank character.

Only 4 games with him so far, but every match has been a solid win. Is there a reason he's underplayed? If anything, he's really fun. :T

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I saw an image on r/leagueoflegends of this toxic player who went 0/105/0 or something like that and had 0 minions,1 mobility boots, and 4 zeals. Somehow his team still won. I wish I could fine it.
Oh yeah I remember looking at that persons rune pages. One of each rune.
>0 crit chance level 1 rune

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

Even when i'm not getting kills, I just feel like i'm being a huge help to the team. His mobilitys so damn good that he can sneak his way into almost any fight and either lock an opponent down with taunt and kill, or help someone escape while he stomaches the hits, then just run away with his E. His ults also really amazing for pushing. Just seems like it tears towers to shreds pretty fast for a tank character.

Only 4 games with him so far, but every match has been a solid win. Is there a reason he's underplayed? If anything, he's really fun. :T
People are still butthurt from his "unjustified" taunt nerfs. They think he's terrible now that his CC is now not overkill.

Main issue with Rammus is he is prone to invades which the top tier junglers have the capability of doing

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

He's not seeing much play because he's generally not a super popular champ. He also got his taunt nerfed, and his W mechanic got screwed because Riot thinks it works better now than before (it doesn't). Rammus is also ridiculously easy to shut down early for most junglers, and loses a lot of his picking ability when the enemy wises up and grabs QSS.

Good thing no one does anymore. :applejack:

@ Ussi Ussi : His taunt nerf was unjust though.

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Rammus is strong though in solo que. Perhaps its the small playerbase of Rammus meaning just Rammus users play him (or counterpick with him cause full ad teams aren't uncommon) giving his high win rate. Still Rammus is ridiculous, he is a good consistent ganker since his ult isn't needed for ganks and his mobility is at the top.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Don't hate me, but I think Rammus is the worst 'conventional' jungler and one of the worst champions in the game.

Ganking is literally the only thing he's good at as a jungler, except for maybe tower damage with his ult, but even that's cancelled out by his lack of waveclear. He just has so many weaknesses it's not funny. He has one of the slowest clears, poor objective control, poor counterjungling, easy to counterjungle, no sustain, squishy without his w, and can't even duel other notoriously bad duelists like Mao or Amumu.

His teamfighting is really poor too. You can hardly every initiate with powerball in a proper 5v5 because it's so telegraphed and peelable. He only has one reliable form of CC in a teamfight, and whilst it's good, having only one reliable form of CC is really bad for a champ who is designed to be a CC tank (as opposed to damage tank like Shyv or Mundo) because it means you have to choose between locking up a carry or peeling for your own one, unlike other CC tanks who can do both.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Rammus has always sucked in dedicated 5v5. Are you nuts?
You'd have to be, because even without including solo q or normals, half of what you said is just... wrong. :applejack:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
What exactly is wrong? His clear time is slower than most and he can't duel anyone. What does he do in teamfights that justifies him as a pick over another CC tank like Sej or Naut?

Top Bottom