• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

What's The Point

Smash Master
Some guys did a DDOS on Riot and PL was the only popular streamer who was on. Eventually the group contacted him, or they publicized themselves via twitter and he contacted them. So people went to PLs stream to get info. It hit all the Reddit front pages and people seeing thousands of other viewers also tune in to see what's up.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Right now people saying PL has the cops contacting him or something lol.
I've had this speedrunslive site in my favorites for months, but just clicked it now and it tuned into Cosmo. He was talkin' about cops and such while PL's stream says cops called as the title, so that's prolly what's going on.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

this game mod suck
its ok, you'll figure out how to play the mode eventually, it's NOTHING like laning on SR

I was the same, losing almost every game until I "got" how to play it.

then I went on a massive winning streak and am something like 40:20

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
... its on a different map.

Bushes are placed WAYYYY differently, towers deal a different amount of damage to creeps, health relics... That's just off the top of my head.

pls, where are my health relics on summoners rift

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Health relics don't really heal that much.. Guess its like an instant biscuit. I think of it as an 1v1 objective

Bushes aren't to hard to get used too (i pretty much deal with bushes half the time since I support half the time)

Tower damage on creeps does matter though i agree.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Aerodrome, think of howling abyss as mid lane of SR but different bush placement and heals, does that help a bit now?
Cause ARAM does mean All Random All Mid which started on SR.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's good if you're melee, if you want that extra 1.5% when AD, then go for it. Otherwise if you don't want DES just go into the 2 extra damage to minions to help with last hitting.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Wouldn't DE be good on bursters with hard CC, because they can get all their dmg off and kill something before they can get hit back. On the other hand, I think it'd also be good on dot champs too considering that it essentially scales off how many dmg applications you can put on targets.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Wouldn't DE be good on bursters with hard CC, because they can get all their dmg off and kill something before they can get hit back. On the other hand, I think it'd also be good on dot champs too considering that it essentially scales off how many dmg applications you can put on targets.
how does it scale off of dots? it's a % based increase, so (50+(0.02)*50) x 5 = 250+(0.02*250)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Well most character's don't have shields scaling off their primary (in Riven's case: ONLY) desired stat. AP mages obviously do (Lux is probably the only notable one though), supports do but aren't focussing on AP, and most other tanky deeps have them scaling off of AP, which means only Baron Buff + Sheen is their only seen increase of those. J4, Malphite, Vi don't offensively scale I believe.

Malphite and maybe Vi's don't scale with CDR either.

Oh, if I could gut Riven in the right way I would -
Longer CD between individual Qs, hitting an enemy reduces that time monstrously.
Shield decays over time / something about scaling based on enemies present. Maybe Riven dealing damage reduces your shield.
A slightly longer cast time on ult, maybe. If it became a channel instead of a cast, for the rest of time I'll be able to laugh maniacally as you cockblock Riven from bending you over with well timed counterplay.
vi's does scale off cdr <3

Niko45

Smash Master
I just don't think it's worth it, even on a melee, cause you basically need to be hitting somebody for free for it to be worth it. As a melee you just generally tank a lot of random damage while at times not doing damage if being kited or being gangbanged in a gank, random AOE in a teamfight or just simply by minions/tower aggro.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
how does it scale off of dots? it's a % based increase, so (50+(0.02)*50) x 5 = 250+(0.02*250)
Well I meant it suits dot users, because getting a % increase on every dmg application is good if u can get off a lot of dmg apps, which dot users do. It's similar logic as to why liandry's is good on Rumble, because he can realistically get off a large number of dmg apps on an opponent b4 they can escape.

It's also why DFG is a good item on Rumble in the instance where u care more about focusing a single target than maximising ur aoe dmg. U could probably get it over rylais if single target dmg was ur focus on Rumble for some reason.

Last edited:

Leacero

Smash Lord
Well I meant it suits dot users, because getting a % increase on every dmg application is good if u can get off a lot of dmg apps, which dot users do. It's similar logic as to why liandry's is good on Rumble, because he can realistically get off a large number of dmg apps on an opponent b4 they can escape.

It's also why DFG is a good item on Rumble in the instance where u care more about focusing a single target than maximising ur aoe dmg. U could probably get it over rylais if single target dmg was ur focus on Rumble for some reason.
that's faulty logic. dots refresh liandrys for extra damage by adding to the duration that liandrys is in effect. this is not the same as a % increase from the mastery which is static based on overall damage, whether or not it's a dot. as i wrote before if you do 250 damage in one shot, you'll get 5 extra damage (assuming melee). similarly if you do 5 instances of 50 damage, you'll still get 5 extra damage.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Yeah I kind of realised that when I looked back at it, my bad.

Just to clarify with Liandry's, does applying a new dmg app stop the last Liandry's dot and reset it with the new one, or do they stack? So for example if I get off 6 dmg apps on an enemy, each one coming .5 seconds after the other, will they eventually end up losing 12% of their health, or does each new app stop the dmg from the previous one? Hope that made sense.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
So y is it core on Rumble but not on most other APs? He'll only get off 1-2 stacks in a standard combo. Any other AP champ could do that too.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Liandries does so much damage when you are takin damage over time. That's why its core on Rumble, Brand, Teemo, and damage oriented Singed.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So y is it core on Rumble but not on most other APs? He'll only get off 1-2 stacks in a standard combo. Any other AP champ could do that too.
Champions like LeBlanc and Veigar don't benefit from the item because with their combo, the enemy is dead before the burn does anything.

Brand is like, the only burst AP Champion that you'd buy Liandry's on because of his passive extending the burn duration.

Basically only buy the item if your champion does:

A) lots of AoE DoT damage
B) has many spammable spells
C) is tanky and does percent health damage

It also depends on how much HP the enemy has.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
But if what you said is correct, the dot resets on every new dmg app. Rumble's Q applies dmg every .5 seconds, so isn't it just going to reset everytime immediately until the final uninterrupted tick.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
But if what you said is correct, the dot resets on every new dmg app. Rumble's Q applies dmg every .5 seconds, so isn't it just going to reset everytime immediately until the final uninterrupted tick.
yes. what is your point?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
every .5 seconds, one 'tick' of damage is applied (in rumble's case)

in other words, the faster the dot, the better that item is in general too.
People with slow effects are great with it too.

Kayle is pretty god damn awesome although she lacks dots or consistent slows!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Kayle is pretty god damn awesome although she lacks dots or consistent slows!
she's good with it because she can constantly proc it with her auto attacks, which in itself is basically a "spammable spell".

Oh did I mention the splash also procs Liandry's? infinite lulz

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Primary reason is because haunting guise is so good on him due to his high base damage (and also gives him tankyness and ap), granted he's also great at applying the proc to a lot of people, and has a lot of ways to slow people who have the proc, giving the double damage burn, but I think the first and foremost reason is that it's an upgraded haunting guise and haunting guise is everything rumble could want in an item.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
It also helps that Rumble's kit was practically made for Rylai's and allows Flamespitter to proc the double damage on Liandry's.

Niko45

Smash Master
I have never understood why it was core on rumble. It's mostly cause the flat pen of Guise is core I think. Liandrys itself is not that great on rumble IMO.

It was just kinda like he was so insanely broken that he could melt people with a rylai so why not, plus he's top lane so he doesn't need to hyper carry usually (tho fk that, I'ma try).

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
How is Liandry's not strong on Rumble?
He can very easily apply the double damage burn to multiple targets and his Flamespitter allows him to keep Liandry's ticking on his targets with 100% uptime, and Liandry's has natural synergy with Rylai's which is insanely good on Rumble.
And as you said yourself, flat pen is super strong on Rumble as his base numbers will attest to.
On top of that, his build paths involve grabbing resistances from something like Zhonya's or Abyssal as resists make his spammable shield that much better, so getting health from his other items is super cost effective.

Literally every part about Liandry's is great for Rumble, and the fact that it builds out of Guise which is probably the best early game item for Rumble is gravy.

Niko45

Smash Master
Yes basically guise is great on rumble so u might as well finish it cause at that point it's worth finishing liandry's. But like literally every other AP item is better than Liandry's outside of the flat pen ur getting from guise. Rumble is just OP enough to build rylais and still do insane damage, nothing really amazing about rylais on him compared to zhonyas /dcap /void or even dfg/lich. He already has slows for days.

Top Bottom