• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Life

Smash Hero
For my part, a friend and I went Orianna/Lux in 2v2 showdown and are about 3-0 on that combo (though we did lose one with the similar Ori/Cait team).

Solid poke, a strong ranged burst combo post-6, and most importantly we can check the brushes to prevent level 1 melee cheese.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
He gave dat ***** not one, but TWO infraction points, and dat **** aint gonna expire for a full week.
ur right

maybe we should start giving 3 pointers that don't go away for 3 months

maybe I'll give it a whirl on your post :>
Malzhar works really dang well on showdown.
malzahar + soraka push = lol

they sustain really well too.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
unfortunately the best lane ever simply isn't the best lane ever on showdown, vlad doesn't do enough early to warrant ever being picked

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Q has long cooldown, E doesn't do enough damage even with 4 stacks at level 1. No point playing him even with Lulu's AP power up unless you can actually drag a showdown to 10 minutes somehow.

Niko45

Smash Master
Alright I'm actually done with Swain at first I didn't really believe he was as bad as I was saying but now I'm pretty certain he's a bottom tier champ. His damage in early game lane phase is good but his scaling is total **** and his mana problems actually accelerate as he levels up into late game, despite building mana items. Almost makes me want to just say **** mana items all together and just rush dfg so I can actually 100-0 somebody.

It's all about Fiora now.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
meanwhile Quas has like an over 70% winrate with Swain in Challenger...
and in what world is Swain's scaling bad
he has great ratios across the board and a 20% damage amplifier
mana problems, sure, but if Swain didn't have trouble managing mana in teamfights he would be overpowered

building Swain to 100-0 somebody is just ignoring what Swain does well and trying to make him do something he's not supposed to do
he's a sustained bruiser mage like Vlad, Rumble, Ryze, etc. not a burst mage like Leblanc or Syndra, so trying to do what a burst mage does with him is just going to make him look bad

Niko45

Smash Master
That's definitely all very wrong. Well kind of. He's just really bad at the role you're describing. His damage sucks without E, which is single target and 10s CD. So you drop a nice non 100-0 combo on somebody and wait a long ass time to be remotely useful again. He's only ok from top lane cause then he doesn't have to carry he can just be annoying and get carried.

Like he literally is less tanky and less damaging and less AOE than ryze or vlad. And his range and mobility is worse. And mana.

I'm seriously not kidding about the scaling. If you play enough swain you can completely feel it. Literally just yesterday I had a game where I double killed the mid and jungle at ~level 7 and a few levels later the mid just solos me and I'm like lol wut. Pretty sure the ultimate is the culprit since you get 50 base dmg at 6 and then a pathetic 20 more each time it levels up. Coupled with a pathetic .2 ratio that means that ultimate is going absolutely nowhere as the game gets later.

Landry

Smash Ace
So I started playing Warwick recently and I'm really liking him. I'm still a big noob, tho. Any advice?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
watch game 2 of gambit vs xdg, darien ran him top

im not too knowledgeable about ww, im guessing he falls into the current meta of meatshield tops like olaf/mundo but who knows

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
warwick is a good top. his ult is a good pick off and has good sustain for wet noodle fights. WW doesn't push a wave or get free defensive stats like shyvana though.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
So I started playing Warwick recently and I'm really liking him. I'm still a big noob, tho. Any advice?
For fun :

BoTRK
Wits End
Spirit Visage
Frozen Heart
Swiftness w/ move speed boost
Guardian Angel

For Serious:

Wits End
Spirit Visage
Frozen Heart
Merc Treds
GA
Sunfire/Thronmail

Top lane max q > w > e > r(whenever you can get points). If you farm effectively you can have the cutlass by 6 and get a kill with it, get em to about 50% through harass, cutlass, ult , ignite, q to finish if needed

Player-3

Smash Hero
cindy ive come to realize you were right all along fiora is pretty good right now

if the other team doesnt use exhaust

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
> Everyone stops using exhaust
> Suddenly Rivens and Nasus' and tons of other tanky deeps are ****ing your **** up
> Let's nerf them to the ground.

Alternatively they could probably give the most meaningless buff to exhaust and the hivemind will come to realise it's importance.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I wonder to myself if Fiora ever became FotM if Riot would nerf her like other fotm champs or just give her a rework?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
watch game 2 of gambit vs xdg, darien ran him top

im not too knowledgeable about ww, im guessing he falls into the current meta of meatshield tops like olaf/mundo but who knows
Been sick with the flu the past few days but wanted to point this out.
Gambit doesn't think highly of >NA scene
So them doing stuff like mumu support while shyvana builds Deathcap and a large rod prolly going into zhonya's game 1, then game 2 with the Warwick top that, might I mention lost 2 turrets before the 7 minute mark I think, didn't necessarily work but more of he was left to his own tools and the rest of the lanes just stomped the >NA scene team.

Warwick is such a depressing character.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Fiora has always seemed really stupid to me. She's so strong for how low her skill ceiling is, or how few champ-specific mechanics she has. She's basically just really good stats with 3 steroids, 2 of which cost no resources and one of those being permanent, and a targeted AOE nuke that makes her invincible.

I think melee ADCs are just poorly designed in general, that's why they're the most hated champs in the game. If you look at all the champs that are universally hated with the exception of Teemo, they're all melee ADCs (Trynd, Yi, Fiora) or at least melee carry types ( eg.Nasus, Riven). I think the reason they're hated so much is because they have lower skill ceilings. They normally have really good stats plus some really brainless mechanic like a revive or invincibility takes very little skill to use.

I think people don't hate marksmen that much because they still take mechanics to use when they're fed, whereas fed melee carries can just facetank 3-4 people and get a quadra just be clicking R and using one of their easy mechanics.

Inb4bronzescrub

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Melee adcs are kind of silly because they're just steroids with some form of immunity
Immunity to slows, auto attacks, crowd conrol, death...
Barrel of fun though

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Yeah they're fun because they're a lot simpler. I played Vayne for the first time tonight I went like 0/12/5 or something. I play Fiora for the first time in a normal, and still managed to get 10 kills, including two doubles despite having no idea what the hell I was doing. Just wait for a skirmish to break out then Q onto someone and press R and you get a triple lol.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yeah, melee champs are so convenient because they're built to ignore a lot of positioning. You have to stand next to what your attacking, so the options for "where do I stand" are a lot less than ranged champs.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Fiora has always seemed really stupid to me. She's so strong for how low her skill ceiling is, or how few champ-specific mechanics she has. She's basically just really good stats with 3 steroids, 2 of which cost no resources and one of those being permanent, and a targeted AOE nuke that makes her invincible.

I think melee ADCs are just poorly designed in general, that's why they're the most hated champs in the game. If you look at all the champs that are universally hated with the exception of Teemo, they're all melee ADCs (Trynd, Yi, Fiora) or at least melee carry types ( eg.Nasus, Riven). I think the reason they're hated so much is because they have lower skill ceilings. They normally have really good stats plus some really brainless mechanic like a revive or invincibility takes very little skill to use.

I think people don't hate marksmen that much because they still take mechanics to use when they're fed, whereas fed melee carries can just facetank 3-4 people and get a quadra just be clicking R and using one of their easy mechanics.

Inb4bronzescrub

wat, all of fiora's skills cost mana. also it is a misconception that she is completely invincible during her ult, she appears behind each champion during each hit in which she can be hurt so something like a syndra ult will still eat through her ult.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
wat, all of fiora's skills cost mana. also it is a misconception that she is completely invincible during her ult, she appears behind each champion during each hit in which she can be hurt so something like a syndra ult will still eat through her ult.

Her passive is essentially a hregen steriod. Her W is basically a steroid that is permanent. Neither of those cost mana.

Didn't know that about the ult. Is it possible to CC her when she appears behind someone in her ult? I doubt it.

Niko45

Smash Master
I mean, speak for yourself in terms of what champs you hate the most. Sure, I hated Trynd....until I started playing him. Now he basically is League of Legends for me. I also think, contrary to popular belief, melee adc's are not brain dead and take good timing and mechanics to play well.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The thing about melee carries are their, usually, extra inch high skill cap that actually allows you to get through all the crap. And let me tell you, if every champion's new ability didn't **** on melee characters significantly harder than any other class, then I'd agree that melees are easy (have you ever seen LISSANDRA?)

Positioning for melees is still important but it's a lot more minute for observation than mages or ranged carries (somewhat like pivots/etc in smash which are some of the hardest technical things you can do but you don't really "see them"). Dodging skill shots close range, manoeuvring around aoe, choosing when to dip back in and out, etc etc are all significantly harder as melee and as a result are stupendously more [personally] rewarding when you're playing at that potential. Shaco needs to reposition for backstab for optimal damage, pops ult to avoid 1 skill, deceives to avoid incoming aoe burst then repositions and starts attacking again. Lee you're moving in between the tempo of your passive so you have clear shots for your q and also to have more efficient ultimate usage (hitting multiple people in a straight line). Characters with very high movement speed (Yi) get usually two or three AAs then runs out so you don't get your second AA.

Top Bottom