• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Player-3

Smash Hero
i donno what u mean pure glass cannon considering shiv + ie gives you 90% crit chance... pretty good use of passive with jhust 2 items...

also i think yasuo is good but hes useless without somethin to initiate with his ult, his tornado is impossible to engage with and if you dont have some way to ult in you cant close gaps at all

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Wukong gets free damage mitigation from walking around too. Olaf gets it from putting a point in Ult. Jayce gets it from form-switching, idk how many more I can list here... It's just more noticeable because it's a shield. So why not try to trade with him when his passive shield is down?

Blitz
Malph
Poppy
Kass
Morde
Graves
Shyv
Amumu

All get some form of damage mitigation that costs no resources. There might be more I can't think of.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Morde's shield actually costs health save for his ult/ghost.

Also Yasuo is gonna bring all the knockup champs with him, it's gonna be fun.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Morde, and basically all health based characters, reach the point where their health costs are irrelevant, and even in the early game the health you generate in terms of the shield are definitely overcoming the small health costs.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i donno what u mean pure glass cannon considering shiv + ie gives you 90% crit chance... pretty good use of passive with jhust 2 items...

also i think yasuo is good but hes useless without somethin to initiate with his ult, his tornado is impossible to engage with and if you dont have some way to ult in you cant close gaps at all
I'm predicting some LCS dudes or whatever are going to pull out an IE/Shiv/three tank items build in a tournament and he's going to be fotm

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

He has no bulk at that point, til his shield skyrockets in numbers. If he does build bulk after that, he loses out on damage his kit really wants him to get.

He's very gated on his early game and his team comp, which is why I think people saying Riot ****ed up and gave him an overloaded kit is bull.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Once I get on stable net again I'm going to play around with a bruiser yasuo build, probably going to go ghost blade, some sort of lifesteal, and then full tank. IE is pretty expensive to assume you'll be able to get top lane if you're not snowballing. Maybe in a super farmfest lane you could farm out the BF sword first or second back.

I enjoy his kit. I think the amount of gold he needs to be a huge presence keeps him from being ridiculous. He is also very team-reliant so I doubt he will be great in solo-q. But pair that guy with any displacement based teamfighting comp and things will be crazy. Even just having a cho or a Lulu will make him threatening.

Would his ult work with something like draven's e? i know it works with vi's Q.

Life

Smash Hero
I haven't gotten Yasuo yet (gotta save IP!) but I was planning on Shiv/IE into double lifesteal (probably BT/Hydra or BT/BORK) into a filler defensive item or possibly Zephyr. Think this might be a viable strategy? Or would I just lose to Ignite?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
wind wall always goes a set distance out, so if you are in yasuo's face he can't block projectiles lol (matters for like Lee sin and the like)

Player-3

Smash Hero
i dont think so since he scales so well off attack speed, ghostblade seems good on him but shiv/ie is way too good, maybe shiv/ghostblade would work just as well but i havent played him enough lol

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Counterjungled easily cause of how slow he is and requires putting up 3 or so saplings to get rid of first 2 red/blue buffs. He excelled as a ganking jungler in S2 along with Skarner, but since S4 is basically powerfarming, he can barely do that cause of how slow he is.

That and not much of an escape unless you count warding a camp or sapling and snaring to it, which is why Vi, Lee, aatrox to an extent, and J4 are still the best junglers in the game cause they clear fast and have gap closers that can go through walls while Eve doesn't give a **** about wards.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
If the changes on the PBE go through giving Spectral Wraith's Spirit Tap passive to Ancient Golem and Elder Lizard it will be a pretty noticeable buff to junglers like Maokai, Sejuani, Skarner, etc.
Junglers that have the potential to power clear camps but can't afford to do so because it just vaporizes their mana pool.
Maokai can powerfarm pretty well as it stands right now but to do that he's either taking blue for himself, building items that don't fit his playstyle, or running himself oom after a few camps.
Even notable junglers who are capable of power jungling right now well like Olaf and Udyr still run themselves out of mana after a clear and a gank.
I feel like Udyr having access to Spirit Tap will give him a sort of pre-nerf Turtle Stance status in the jungle which is great. I always love to hog blue as Udyr because Udyr with no mana worries is just incredibly strong and now I won't have to be that guy.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I've picked up Khazix jungle. Been going elder lizard > CD boots or mercs & hydra > LW > GA > BC. Hydra lets me isolate clear jungle camps so fast, faster than even shyvana.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Why does J4 suck now? Did he get nerfed?

Also, I'm having a hard time undertanding blue buff etiquette. If I jungle, I have mid laners rage at me if I don't donate it (I normally do, unless I really need it for some reason or our mid is feeding) but when I'm mid I have junglers who don't donate it all.

The community seems divided on what the exact etiquette is.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
If you're already far behind then I'll take blue for myself or give it to somebody else.
I'm not a huge fan of the thinking that you should still give the losing mid laner blue to stem their bleeding; my experience has shown that they assuming they are far behind they can't make any use of the blue aside from farming under tower a little more safely. It's not like they can roam and make plays if they are far behind. In that situation, me having all the mana in the world to make plays top or bot is just far better, especially if I'm somebody like Vi who can use the blue for some extreme map mobility. I always feel like attempting to stabilize an already lost lane is just not worth the effort that could be spent snowballing one of your other lanes to combat their own snowball.
If they're like one kill down, keeping up on CS, then yeah I'll still give them blue. That's still a position you can definitely come back from.

I also think it's silly to say it's "mid's buff" and I facepalm whenever some people get mad because I'm giving it to somebody else... like you're mid Zed and we have top lane Ryze. Of course it goes to Ryze. I have a feeling that the people who do rage over stuff like blue buff entitlement are the same people who take the blue buff for themselves regardless of the situation.

As for Jarvan, the nerfs to his E+Q are a bummer, but I feel like more than anything else it's just that he doesn't quite fit the current power central jungle pattern. Jarvan can sit around trying to go for brute force ganks but they don't really work that well in the new vision system, and even when they do work it's harder to snowball. Then you find yourself several thousand gold behind the enemy jungler who was just clearing and only showing up for guaranteed kills. With games snowballing less and going longer, the enemy jungler is just going to be a full item up on you if not more, sitting in the middle of your entire team not dying because they get so many free stats from the defense tree/their name is Shyvana.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So been trying Veigar support out. Its pretty fun. I start relic shield to farm Q and i have my stun with is just pretty ridiculous in team fights. The best part is doing 30-40% of the enemy AP mid HP with your ult, when you get dfg you can pretty much 1 shot any AP champ. Also good for instagibing support Annie in lane :p Veigar's stun range is pretty long so you can actually win an engage against Annie support if you don't miss... if you do, you die though :x or at least take damage to the point you have to go back.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
Meh we got doodood on. I think it was a combination of stage fright and not sticking to the plan. While tsm prepared way better so good for them.
We've been doing really well in scrims vs good teams but somehow on stage we just didn't communicate as much and people were nervous including me. I skilled e on annie lvl 1 cause I misclicked LOL.
Oh well it was a good experience for sure. And the sion pick was because it adds alot of pressure on the map and easy dives, we've been practicing it a bit, also the point that myw is more of a solo que player and doesn't really play many champs and in scrims it went better when he went sion mid instead of going top lane. So we'll see if there are gonna be changes.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Supp Veigar is in a pretty good place right now. If you start relic then back as soon as you can afford Targon's you can get quite a few Q stacks during laning phase. I normally sell Targon's after laning phase when it'll let me afford a major item.

I think it's best to max Q first, get E at level 2, Q again 3 (unless you need W to push the wave off your tower) and W at 4. If they don't build any tenacity, you should max W second after putting two points into E because it has very good damage and can one-shot caster minions after a few ranks.

I also take ignite on him over exhaust. If your ADC has strong burst early, a stun plus both of your combos and ignite normally results in a kill even before 6.

I'm actually considering clarity over ignite on mid Veigar. It's not just so that I can Q farm more early, it's so that I don't have to invest in a mana item and I can rush a DFG more efficiently. I feel like the earlier DFG would cancel out the lack of kill potential from losing ignite. Clarity is also nice on burst casters for baiting people into your combo when you're OOM. With the summoner CDR masteries it's only on like 162 CD as well.

Inb4bronzescrub

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I still think Swain is strong top lane in the right matchups. Love watching Quas dumpster on peeps with Swain.

Top Bottom