• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

MrEh

Smash Hero
I hope to God that Master Yi actually says a line when he activates Highlander now. Then I can mod the Space Jam theme to play whenever you activate it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh my god, I played the **** out of Goemon as a kid, that game was amazing <3

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
As a Master Yi fanatic...

Reduction of skill cap (managing your ultimate to be up at the right times / choosing when to use it for the most affectiveness)
Coupled with
TONS OF probably at RELEASE bonkers damage scaling on ALPHA STRIKE
equates to

NERFED TO THE GROUND AND USELESS CHAMPION WITHIN A WEEK OR TWO.

I'm pretty sceptical about meditate changes as well.

I have no faith in Riot getting this right. I have a lot of faith in the fact that Master Yi right now is actually a pretty strong character for AD. His base stats defensively are already humongous (less health than tryn but more armor/MR IIRC). 20% or higher CDR equates to assists always resetting his CDs or doing it close to (40% CDR means at most 10% of the CD of a skill waiting after an assist). Hydra is a melee hyper scale item with hence goes pretty well with a hyper scaling carry. Currently his choices of not needing to build Crit due to Hydra's scaling curve is pretty nice and synergistic with his kit, but alpha strike critting (and being scaled back to consider crit) is going to be lame. Maxing out Meditate was/is much superior to E in his current kit, so his E being weaker and whatnot ughughlu;fkgdfk;akfadfacfzfzxfz

Why can't Riot just make League of Legends v2, and leave v1 with old champions who don't have 50 blinks and 10 seconds of hard cc shared within its kit to have fun by themselves rather than trying to make them work within a massive power creep paradigm.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Idk how strong the multiple blink thing is and such with power creep when a lot of champs seem to be doing well without insane blink potential and being CC trucks.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well they do tend to nerf the champions who do about 2-3x as many things as every other champ.... eventually. My solution resolves that~

Riot's forcing either all their horse and carriages to get jet packs (ugly) or taking 3 wheels off of every car so the others can compete (and a horse and carriage is a lot more effective than a car with only 1 wheel).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Getting 8GB of ripjaw RAM from a friend for free :3 also bought hard drive on ebay.

Player-3

Smash Hero
idk man, a melee carry who's only real defense is standing still NOT DPSING kinda sucks

just compare yi to tryndamere, tryndamere does nearly everything he does better, without insane mana costs to limit him

Vyke

Smash Champion
P3, you need to play more Dominion to get in Shaya's mindset here. You clearly aren't seeing the big picture.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
idk man, a melee carry who's only real defense is standing still NOT DPSING kinda sucks

just compare yi to tryndamere, tryndamere does nearly everything he does better, without insane mana costs to limit him
Compare yi to tryndamere...
Yi will have a good 100 movement speed over tryn.
Will by base, auto attack a lot more often.
Scales with CDR very well. This is team fight yi here. An assist resetting all of your cool downs completely is monstrous.
Tryn's ult is 5 seconds, Master Yi's is going up to 12 seconds.
A good defense is that he needs to be cc'd to stop healing. Healing 800 health. Visage is turning it into 960. That's 200 health per second. That's a lot. you don't need to be out of a fight for 5 whole seconds. Meditate is a mixture of that heal plus 300 armor/mr. You're using it intelligently as a disengage / burst holder (like vlad pool, etc)

So, take -
Easy CDR itemisation.
The most synergistic item to ever be created for him being great and easy to build (tiamat/hydra)
12 seconds of immune to slows (slows are popular in league currently), the ability to move in and out without the need to auto attack (Tryn to be mobile requires crits to reduce his E)
And definitely deals a lot of damage. A lot. Arguably more.
And the most ******** farming capabilities in the game.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
my core is 4k and its all he needs to win the rest of the game... lol

Tiamat / Visage.
Enjoy your elo.

P.S. the only reason yi is worth any amount of salt over somoene like tryn is because of tiamat.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Why is Tiamat so good for Yi specifically anyway? Last AD Yi I saw built like Bork/LW and was shredding my Rammus :c

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
why don't you just build tiamat on tryndamere?
It's good on him for sure. In fact, its' good n every melee. Get it while its hot.
Yi however gets a bit more love from it than Tryn. Bonus AD scaling with it, double strike ability scaling with it, attack speed scaling with it. Like... 105 bonus AD, double strike + active hydra proc. So much scaling.

Why is Tiamat so good for Yi specifically anyway? Last AD Yi I saw built like Bork/LW and was shredding my Rammus :c
Tiamat/Hydra scales with
Armor Pen (-)
Attack Damage (E, up to 105. 35 or 70 most of the time)
Attack Speed (ult, up to INFINITY seconds of 80%)
On Hit Effects (his passive, which is double scaling up here every proc)
Life Steal (-)

The only two things Yi doesn't get from his kit with the highest base numbers in the game are Life Steal and Armor Pen. Hydra comes with Life Steal. Visage will be increasing your life steal and synergises with meditate.

tl;dr Tiamat/Hydra is the melee dps Infinity Edge. The character who scales with all the stats better than anyone else, according to Xyph, don't bother him about it is probably going to be using the item prettttttttttty ****ing well.

Once you get tiamat you become a massive bully in lane. You negate the strength of ranged characters sitting near creeps because being in a creep wave is BENEFICIAL. You negate harass because you: one shot waves (alpha strike, 1 AA + tiamat proc), heal from it, and just walk out. It's hard to stop him (like tryndamere).

I also play Noct solos now doing basically the same build because... other than scaling less hyper and being less resistant to harass in lane, he becomes a lot stronger than any laners A LOT quicker because of E (max it out... just constantly go Ham, start Eing, take some harass, q them, one shot the entire wave and heal like 300 health, they get feared, they die to 2 seconds of DPS).

tl;dr Nocturne is actually better at what I'm saying than Yi - but Yi is still good.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
elises E needs to be reworked into a slow. it just doesn't make sense for her to have such a good cc move.
Maybe just a snare? it would still fit thematically with being a spider shooting webs. The stun isn't really the obnoxious part of her kit though, its that she can build bulky+massive amounts of mag pen and still do **** tons of dmg to everyone.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I don't think it needs to be reworked, but it'd be cool if the ability was more interesting than yet another line skillshot CC.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
But Draven does it all. WITH STYLE. Without a global ult he cant full map kill. WITH STYLE.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I'm very excited for the Udyr skin, as he is someone I jungle quite often. Still wish they had done a new skin for a different champion, but I like what they did with it. The music in his spirit form videos is pretty mad hype.

Also, I'm getting closer and closer to Plat...on my way up.

Top Bottom