• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I mean, you'll both just be immovable objects free farming lane. So does he really counter Yorick in lane? I would say not really. He'll spam his ghouls on you, and you'll just eat some minions/his ghouls and not really care. You'll spam snowballs on him, and he'll just spam his ghouls and not really care. In fights though, your ability to consume his ult can be gamechanging. Plus, his ult aside, the ability to consume his ghouls in fights in the jungle or river away from available consume targets can be key to greatly increasing survivability.
You can't consume his ult... Free consumes on his ghouls is very strong lategame though.

Nunu wins the lane easily. Yorrick's only hope to draw is to push like crazy and he's as good as dead trying to run from ganks supported by Nunu.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
adobe air is ****ing unreal, just got a pvp.net error during champ select in promo series and got kicked out of it, despite being 1-0 so far in it

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
adobe air is ****ing unreal, just got a pvp.net error during champ select in promo series and got kicked out of it, despite being 1-0 so far in it
Just turn off your LoL Replay recorder when doing ranked. It's the biggest cause of the error

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
The worst trolls are the ones that go 17/2 lanning and then think they are god. Had an irelia jump in 1v5 four times. then she and our fed ez just danced at our nexus for the last 6 minutes of the game. we went from a 38-18 lead on their exposed nexus and lost.

Are there still trolls and toxic players in higher divisions? i love this game but it has, by far, the worst community I've ever experienced.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
That doesn't sound so much like a troll but rather someone who overestimates themselves. Calling someone a troll implies they are intentionally causing grief for you or others with that goal in mind. I'd take the former over the latter any day.

As a noob who doesn't play much and, when against players, through blind pick, I find toxicity comes from people who go out of their way to find excuses for whatever bad happened to himself/herself or their team, primarily himself/herself. It comes also from people who are simply trying to be elitist. It's particularly strange to see in blind pick, where I play expecting that the least because how casual it is compared to drafting or accumulating rank, the latter where you'd expect also the most amount of people dead set on making excuses for something bad happening or losing.

My least favorite thing to see is someone on my team asking the opponents to report one of our players or to see it from the other team when someone is simply not doing well. In and of itself it is awful in that it is not what reporting is for, but it's particularly out of place in blind pick where it is surprising to see people elitist and desiring to punish anyone beneath their standards. They of course say, "For feeding," but aside from intentional trolls (which from my experience it basically never is the case), that is something that can simply happen when different players clash, especially with different skill levels.

My brother players a little ranked and informs me that draft, particularly ranked, seems less toxic, which surprises me if this isn't purely coincidental.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I actually find ranked is more toxic than normals.
People in ranked take things more seriously, naturally, and with the general unwillingness of LoL players to see their own mistakes as their own mistakes, they get toxic at other players. I've just found that people in normals are more willing to go with the flow, try to have fun regardless, and just move on in general because there isn't anything at stake.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I actually find ranked is more toxic than normals.
People in ranked take things more seriously, naturally, and with the general unwillingness of LoL players to see their own mistakes as their own mistakes, they get toxic at other players. I've just found that people in normals are more willing to go with the flow, try to have fun regardless, and just move on in general because there isn't anything at stake.
Ranked puts stress on people and it can get frustrating when you want to gain League Points but person X feeds, either it's.

a) blames someone else for feeding when they get toxic.
b) gets yelled at and might yell back.

Too many tryhards that need to lighten up in ranked imo.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Had some bad experiences last night with ranked. It was dumb. I wish I could understand why people think the way they think sometimes.
Either way, net profit LP, so it's okay. :applejack:

Niko45

Smash Master
Uh maybe at really low elo people are crazy toxic in ranked but imo even tho toxicity and stress are abundant in ranked games there is always a bit of restraint on it in hopes of turning the game around. I find the REALLY toxic experiences, where some guy is really nerd raging uncontrollably happens in normals.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
people are just wack

i just got out of a game where they picked top fizz into my renek and got dominated. tried giving him some advice and he just flamed me instead

crux of his argument "we are the same elo, you are not better than me"

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It's annoying when your teammates bicker with one another or the other team while they are alive and should be paying attention to what they are doing. Especially since I have to stop what I'm doing (if I'm not dead) to type to them to stop typing to one another, which could potentially mess with me. I understand people can type fast, but **** can and will happen sometimes in the middle of it. I learned that lesson almost immediately starting League of Legends.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
If you play the video from a few seconds earlier, Varus was already auto attacking him and had used hail/rain of arrows so when the turret killed Lee sin, he was credited for the kill.

john!

Smash Hero
If you play the video from a few seconds earlier, Varus was already auto attacking him and had used hail/rain of arrows so when the turret killed Lee sin, he was credited for the kill.
...after which nautilus autoattacked and riptided him

whatever, i guess varus' AA is weird, maybe that's why i never got the hang of him lol

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah it's nothing new, what I'm mostly amazed is how everyone in every elo bracket says "is full of *******". It really makes me wonder if there's any point in trying to climb the ladder besides personnal accomplishment and ego.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
And just to throw my own toxicity on here...

Riot seems to be an amazing company and the amount of work they've put into the game and the community is very commendable.

However the tourney format for the season 2 championships and now the LCS qualifiers is really, really bad.

Why are Riot tourney formats notoriously bad?

Coney

Smash Master
that's why good players say they're bad

because they are

i mean you can call someone RELATIVELY good, but to be objectively good at this game takes so much knowledge, experience and application...even the best players make at least a dozen mistakes each and every match, from build to position to calling, there's so much to learn from

it warms my heart whenever i see a pro player taking a tower shot (without any kind of advantage like tanking for a teammate) or missing a tank minion, because they suck too

people that think they're good usually don't see what else they can improve upon because they're only looking at things on surface value

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I almost just got a penta with Cait in ranked, but right after I got my 4th kill, I turned and ulted the last enemy team member who had 200ish hp left, but then right before the ult hit, the 5th champ just so happened to be elise and rose into the air to barely escape :<

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Ignoring Turtle Stance in the early game has been going super super well for me.
I mean, who needs the survivability when you can just run at the speed of light?
500+ movespeed easily = nobody catches you, and you catch everybody.
Once you get blue buff you have enough CDR to keep Monkey's Agility stacked with just Bear Stance, so you can get super aggressive level 2 for easy ganks.
Assuming you have movespeed quints, max stacks of your passive, and Bear Stance active should give you something like 430 movespeed level 2.
Add any CC from the lane your ganking, and boom.

Top Bottom