• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
With all these Kayle bans for season 3 just want to point out..

**** you guys Dream Team's been doin that **** since D1

Sup Wes, Sup Leacero, Sup Juan, Sup Bassem, Sup Gova they thought we were crazy... we just the best.

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
I have a question Mog, about the report system. If you can mute people from talking/messaging you in game, and there is also an option for auto filter on swear words, why is there a verbal abuse option on bans?

Not saying that its not an issue, but instead why not have some sort of auto report w/comment on why they were being "toxic" after game if you muted them?

And I think offensive language is just pointless, because again if there is an auto filter why is it an issue in the first place? If you don't wanna see language like that then put it on, right?

Do you think they're gonna work on stuff like this in the future?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

Sup Wes, Sup Leacero, Sup Juan, Sup Bassem, Sup Gova they thought we were crazy... we just the best.
Well kayle did recently get a legendary skin

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

We're just so far ahead of the meta.

I have a question Mog, about the report system. If you can mute people from talking/messaging you in game, and there is also an option for auto filter on swear words, why is there a verbal abuse option on bans?

Not saying that its not an issue, but instead why not have some sort of auto report w/comment on why they were being "toxic" after game if you muted them?

And I think offensive language is just pointless, because again if there is an auto filter why is it an issue in the first place? If you don't wanna see language like that then put it on, right?

Do you think they're gonna work on stuff like this in the future?
Not really my area of expertise and anything I say here is my own opinion and not that of Riot, but are you seriously asking why players can be reported for unquestionably toxic behavior? Like, for instance, if someone's verbally abusing me, I don't mute them because I still want to see their pings. And sometimes I just want to mute someone for non verbal abuse reasons. They're not directly related and even if they were, the more systems that are in order to catch these types of players, the better.

Also regarding offensive language, I for instance keep the language filter off because I don't mind people saying ****, ****, etc, but I do mind them calling each other ******s, ******s, etc. It's also possible to be offensive via racism etc without even cursing.

I know we're always looking for ways to improve the community at Riot, but as to specifically what you're talking about here, I have no idea what's in store.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
To be fair, AP Yi is a bit ridiculous. Just a bit, though.
Build health. I mean everyone get warmogs and now he can't kill anyone.

Thumbs, there's really no discourse to be had with you right now. It disappoints me that that's how you feel about the game and I assure you that you're mistaken, but you seem super emotionally charged by a character you personally like (Yi) so I don't see how I'm supposed to convince you of anything.
I gave up on Yi being viable like a year ago and I just use him for fun now. I guarantee you that's not it. The problem with Riot as a company is that they release new champs often (game breaking at times) to make more money. This would not be a problem if they fixed the issues with the OPs and the unviables. Is it really so hard to slightly nerf the 4 or 5 champs that literally get banned or first picked every game? Or how about slightly buffing champs which are useless in the current meta game? Or how about making it so it isn't league of mogs and armor and mr mean zero because all you have to do is stack health and you win.

I dunno, I'm certainly not the only person who thinks it's pathetic that there are a few champs that just build straight tank and out dps those that build damage. What kind of logic is that?

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
We're just so far ahead of the meta.

Not really my area of expertise and anything I say here is my own opinion and not that of Riot, but are you seriously asking why players can be reported for unquestionably toxic behavior? Like, for instance, if someone's verbally abusing me, I don't mute them because I still want to see their pings. And sometimes I just want to mute someone for non verbal abuse reasons. They're not directly related and even if they were, the more systems that are in order to catch these types of players, the better.

Also regarding offensive language, I for instance keep the language filter off because I don't mind people saying ****, ****, etc, but I do mind them calling each other ******s, ******s, etc. It's also possible to be offensive via racism etc without even cursing.

I know we're always looking for ways to improve the community at Riot, but as to specifically what you're talking about here, I have no idea what's in store.
Yeah I guess you're right about it not being entirely directed to the ban, but maybe an option would be useful. As for the rest, maybe its just my opinion. I don't mind anyone unless they just blatantly troll and won't stfu. Its pretty subjective so maybe my post was stupid in the first place. Thanks for the input anyway!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
They did the numbers wrong on Warmog. You pay 150 for the passive, the rest is exactly the same cost in giant belts. Sue them later.

And sure Riot releases too many characters. We're over 100 something. BUT OCCASIONALLY YOU GET BALLIN *** **** LIKE THRESH! AND RENGAR! AND GRASSHOPPER

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Thumbs you're still talking in nebulous terms and firing shots by talking about how "pathetic" we are. There's still no discussion to be had here. You're an emotional player talking about the balance of a game in terms of anecdotes and that's just not a good approach to balance.

Did anyone get an email from riot saying thank you and asking for your mailing address?
Not legit, don't respond to stuff like this.

EDIT: at least not to my knowledge. I don't see why we'd need that info.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not gonna lie, as fishy as that sounds, it definitely looks legit.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
man, idk if it was the last patch or what, but ive gotten 3 bug splats tonight straight out of nowhere

anyone else?

Player-3

Smash Hero
yea that is confirmed legit kilik congrats on being one of the most constructive members of the community ( i believe is the way they put it)

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Hey everyone, I've been struggling with LoL for the past few days. I've been jungling for the past 2 years and I've finally decided to try laning again only to my surprise...I can't last hit or trade properly.

Any advice on how I can improve my game? What I should be looking to do? How to stay alive? How to be decent at this game.

I'm so used to playing tanky junglers that could take hits, that playing squishies that people actively chase after is so foreign to me.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Just bought Lux. Should have done it a looong time ago, so good and fun.

NKB, what kind of roles/champs are you playing? A lot depends on where you are. Like, last hitting and trading for a bot lane combo is a lot more complex than it is for an average mid laner. And last hitting itself just takes practice.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
might be because im playing yorick too

might want to look into that mogwai, dont want people to stop playing yorick right?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Didn't Morello straight up tell the community to go **** itself? I don't know if those were his exact words but I remember there was a lot of complaints about his less than kind words about the players. Also how they manage the game is laughable. I think I heard they're nerfing Yi. Like come on, I don't care how small the nerf is, when champs like Shen exist they decide to take time to nerf YI?!

It's that kind of **** that pisses me off. There are so many things wrong with league as a game. The champs themselves are fun to use but the game they are in is flawed. And riot does not do **** to help. I'm not even talking about minor complaints that is different from person to person. I'm talking universally noticed major problems with the game that go unfixed. I'm assuming the riot staff isn't completely ******** so I have to assume they really just don't care about balancing the game. Hope you change it up Wes. It's really sad when the same champs get banned every game and they're never nerfed and then champs like Yi get nerfed and then they just release more champs that have bigger escapes and better gap closers and more aoe ults blah blah blah IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY BOYS
You're wrong, morello's gotten pissed off at people individually, and vocal segments of the community for things like, not knowing game design, you know things like people constantly pushing for invoker.

As far as balance... wtf? Shen has been chain nerfed to the point that he's got like a 45% solo queue winrate across elos and is pretty much only useful in comps designed to take direct advantage of him. Eve just got hardcore nerfed, kha just got nerfed, talon got nerfed. Seriously, what high winrate well known op champ didn't get nerfed?

As far as yi, you realize that the new itemization was a MASSIVE buff to him, right? The fact is, while AD yi has issues, AP yi is troublesome in a number of design ways, I don't expect a net nerf to make it to live. It's bad design to leave something horrific in the game just because the rest of the character isn't that good.

At the same time, nerfs are inherently a lot easier to do then buffs, because if something is nonviable, only a small percentage of people are affected (dedicated players of that character). If something is too strong, everyone is affected. This is especially true of a champ like master yi, who with the new itemization could easily shift from UP to very op.

Combine this with the fact that any changes have a major bottleneck (iterative testing and builds) and you have a recipe for certain things taking a LONG time. They were reworking stealth for years, and not for lack of trying or manpower, but because of how incredibly long the process takes with a champ that's unstable by nature.

You're WAY too hard on riot.

Build health. I mean everyone get warmogs and now he can't kill anyone.

I gave up on Yi being viable like a year ago and I just use him for fun now. I guarantee you that's not it. The problem with Riot as a company is that they release new champs often (game breaking at times) to make more money. This would not be a problem if they fixed the issues with the OPs and the unviables. Is it really so hard to slightly nerf the 4 or 5 champs that literally get banned or first picked every game? Or how about slightly buffing champs which are useless in the current meta game? Or how about making it so it isn't league of mogs and armor and mr mean zero because all you have to do is stack health and you win.

I dunno, I'm certainly not the only person who thinks it's pathetic that there are a few champs that just build straight tank and out dps those that build damage. What kind of logic is that?
You realize there's a reason why we're in pre-season, they up-ended everything, it will take time to work out the kinks, but dear lord it's obvious it's on riot's radar that the health stacking is out of control. I mean look what they did to flask.

As far as health stacking doing more damage then stacking damage, different roles. For example darius might be able to do a lot of damage while building pure tank, but pantheon has global presence, they do different things for a thing. Pure damage ouput versus each other is not a valid measure.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yorick being invisible doesn't sounds that bad, since using ghouls would somewhat give him off.

Top Bottom