• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Player-3

Smash Hero
league is easy as ****
yea and both smash games are easier than ****

melee only has a technical boundary whereas brawl has a mental boundary slightly more difficult than melees, league has both in spades (if we're talking about similar levels of play, at near highest level of play, so regional threats in smash compared to 2k+ elo solo queue because tournament 5v5 play is undoubtedly harder than smash LOL)

Turazrok

Smash Master

melee only has a technical boundary whereas brawl has a mental boundary slightly more difficult than melees, league has both in spades (if we're talking about similar levels of play, at near highest level of play, so regional threats in smash compared to 2k+ elo solo queue because tournament 5v5 play is undoubtedly harder than smash LOL)
lolwat.

We should drop this topic before it gets any more dumb :/

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So how does a mana dependent jungler (Sejuani) handle getting the first and second blues taken? The first blue was because of an invade, and we couldn't get to their blue fast enough. The second one resulted from Jax popping up at me while I was trying to get my blue and I died (I should've told mid to protect me, or warded it and baited the steal, I realize now). The early levels were really rough and I felt like I couldn't do much for a while.

We still won (her teamfight <3), but pointers for handling invades on blue (or in general that result in you not getting your blue/dying) would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member

spirit stone or philo stone helps I guess, other than that I think you can only really just be very conservative with your mana while clearing camps

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Iron Locket of the Solari is a good item on non supports, Junglers and Bruisers should pick it up more.

Mogwai said the idea on his stream and I've been trying it + others have, it's been working actually very well.
I fully support this. I've bought it on almost every character I play (tanky junglers mostly). People tell me I'm dumb.

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sej is a really fun champ and pretty scary mid/late game depending on how you plan to deal with her. Wish she wasn't so...susceptible to things early game otherwise she would be a lot better. Still a fun decent champ. (dem teamfights with her)

ckmadison

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I'd love to play with some smashers. I'm a ~1700 elo player in NA, with game name

thedmans

add me and we'll play sometime! I play any role at a competent level so it'll be fun~

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
People keep telling me that Darius is an Olaf counter.

I really don't see how.

I always just start cloth and 5 vs him and smash his face in with axes level 1 then e him once i get 2 and my lane is pretty much won.

Only time I've ever lost lane vs Darius as Olaf is when he get heavy jungle help pre 6.

I've also heard people say it's a skill based matchup heavily determined by how you do pre 6.

What do you guys say?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Olaf wins pre-6, once Darius hits 6 and Olaf didn't press the advantage he has, he'll lose lane trying to duel Darius. an Olaf ahead of (though not by that much) Darius can still lose the 1v1 as well once Darius hits level 6

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
True story: if you get really strong with a specific character oftentimes you cannot even conceive them actually losing any lane at all.

i.e. myself with malzahar and mr cho'gath with chogath

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
League isn't easier than Brawl, lol. Metaknight doesn't have 4 other guys on his back when he plays.

Easier to win or easier to play?
As I said, I have a very specific definition of "difficulty", when I talk about ease of play I strictly mean skill floor tech skill requirements and burden of knowledge, areas where league is less difficult by design. I think that the ways in which that can be applied belong under depth, not difficulty.

D

Deleted member

Are we still doing this?
So season 3 qqualifiers are coming, havent looked at the teams that much yet but kinda hyped for the return of epik.

(Also testing posting from my ereader who)

Kira-

Smash Champion

... lol.

edit -

for further clarification:

...........................................................................................................

So how does a mana dependent jungler (Sejuani) handle getting the first and second blues taken? The first blue was because of an invade, and we couldn't get to their blue fast enough. The second one resulted from Jax popping up at me while I was trying to get my blue and I died (I should've told mid to protect me, or warded it and baited the steal, I realize now). The early levels were really rough and I felt like I couldn't do much for a while.

We still won (her teamfight <3), but pointers for handling invades on blue (or in general that result in you not getting your blue/dying) would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

if u get your blue stolen ur screwed, thats why ppl do it

some things u can do:

- stack in a bush and instagibb the first person who comes in

- ward ur own blue and fight them when they start it

- ward ur own blue and go to theirs

there are more subtleties but thats the basics

Dekar173

Justice Man
Where would I advertise for streaman to make millions of viewers follow me and love me.

Pretend my keyboard isn't the loudest thing on Earth, I'm funny and give good insights, and don't scream profanities whenever I die.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Where would I advertise for streaman to make millions of viewers follow me and love me.

Pretend my keyboard isn't the loudest thing on Earth, I'm funny and give good insights, and don't scream profanities whenever I die.
Probably just putting it up everywhere. If you really want a following streaming consistently preferably with a schedule kept is the way to do it.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I will adhere to a strict any time I'm playing League, schedule. I'll also feed profusely while blaming all other lanes.

That's how I build up a following, right? Or am I just not seeing something here. Cause that's what a lot of the top streamers do :|

Dekar173

Justice Man
Scarra is one streamer who I haven't really seen rage or anything, he's also ridiculously good so watching him and if he ever gives commentary on why he's doing or picking a certain way, it could obviously be super helpful.

phantomlord on the other hand... ugh.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I also approve of Scarra as a streamer. Very insightful, loquacious guy who also has a lot of fun when he streams (when something goes awry, he typically just laughs like the happy Bhudda that he is).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
That's why, on the rare occasion that I take the time to watch a stream, I just watch Scarra.
Man I was about to say the same. Not only does he play my favorite lane, and some varied champs, but he's not a douchebag like practically every other streamer is. Would play with/10

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Hmm...I've never thought of Scarra as particularly good. Obviously he's a talented player and way better than I am but in terms of top US mids, even in just NA, I'm not even sure he's top 5. Oddly enough, I think he'd be better if he were more of a douchebag.

Can't really comment on how good his stream is, though, as I've never watched it.

I'd also like to say that all this talk about Melee and LoL has been hilariously entertaining.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
His stream is awesome. He alllways explains what he's doing and why. And in tons of situations, instead of getting mad at someone else, he'll say something like, even after ganking and killing top, "I shouldn't have ganked top. I should be at bot right now."

He'll openly own up to his own mistakes and try to identify what he has done wrong to the stream audience.

Plus, he plays mid, which is my favorite/best lane.

Player-3

Smash Hero
True story: if you get really strong with a specific character oftentimes you cannot even conceive them actually losing any lane at all.

i.e. myself with malzahar and mr cho'gath with chogath
i dont think mordekaiser loses lane to anyone

except cassiopeia that matchup makes me want to cry

also shaya malzahar DOESNT lose any lanes

... lol.

edit -

for further clarification:

...........................................................................................................
;)

Mid is for gays, is the only issue. True solo lane men main top lane.

Fact.
its true, 9 hp pots 2 wards is the most straight starting items -ever-

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I've started to drop mid lane only because I've been losing a lot as Ahri in mid lane and idk what I've been doing wrong that changed to make me so bad at it.

Dekar173

Justice Man
i dont think mordekaiser loses lane to anyone

except cassiopeia that matchup makes me want to cry

also shaya malzahar DOESNT lose any lanes

;)

its true, 9 hp pots 2 wards is the most straight starting items -ever-
no flask = newbie. uber cost efficient, especially if your character uses mana at all

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Flask is still cost efficient on mana less champs though

Top Bottom