• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

bassem6

Smash Lord
What keeps happening?

:phone:
2 of them were 4v5. 2 of them were kids raging at team for doing bad instead of actually focusing on playing the game. And then 4 of them we just got outplayed as a team.

pretty clearly the curse of the dream team. Bassem dodged Dream Teaming last night, and ergo has a hex on him that will prevent him from winning.
prolleh
Well deserved, in that case.
:(
for sure. it's like how I got the blessing of the dream team and got my first penta of the season on mantheon.
Nice. I got a darius penta the other day. Dunk champs op.

I was hoping to get 10 losses in a row in ranked but I won 2 after my 8 loss streak :(

I had a random draven musing today that I felt I should share with you guys. It is good to have 2 axes spinning at all times when you are laning. That way when you go for a kill, you automatically get 3 guaranteed spinning axes assuming your q isnt on cooldown after you have both spinning axes going. This may seem kind of obvious to some people but I had this realization today and had not been doing it.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
You guys think they should raise the number of bans soon? Maybe 4 a team? 4 sounds like too much but sometimes 3 doesn't feel like enough.. with 4 bans a team you could ban out every effective support or something idk

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
No one would mass ban supports like that.

Even if they did people would just turn to jankier supports like Maokai, Chogath, Nid, or make a kill lane.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
LoL should do the Dota thing where ban phase is split up. Adds more strategy, we see more of Wickd's Irelia / Diamondprox's Lee Sin / whatever, still can ban more dudes.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Random thought, twitch seems pretty good actually, definitely better then tris.

Even if they did people would just turn to jankier supports like Maokai, Chogath, Nid, or make a kill lane.
why not? Banning members of the opposing team out is already a common strategy, with 4 bans it would be a ton more powerful. I mean keep in mind, even if there more then 5 viable characters in a position, that doesn't mean that the person will be able to play them all.

D

Deleted member

Riot is very much against "respect bans", and there are only 2 other reasons to bans champs, OP ("pick or ban") or teamcomp. obviously riot tries to make the former not an issue, and there is not really a point in increasing the bans for teamcomp banning (yet). oddly enough they say that dota style banning will also increase respect bans.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
why not? Banning members of the opposing team out is already a common strategy, with 4 bans it would be a ton more powerful. I mean keep in mind, even if there more then 5 viable characters in a position, that doesn't mean that the person will be able to play them all.
Banning all the common supports would be a very poor move comp wise. Yeah remove all the supports but it's a bunch of wasted bans when you consider how other roles have far worse champs OP wise and comp wise.

Riot is against respect and player targeted bans, Gangplank and Sivir bans at worlds for example.

But I really don't see what they were expecting when they made the option possible in the first place.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Banning all the common supports would be a very poor move comp wise.

Riot is against respect and player targeted bans, Gangplank and Sivir bans at worlds for example.

But I really don't see what they were expecting when they made the option possible in the first place.
increase the value of teamcomp bans I guess.

And I disagree, banning 4 of the top supports and fping the last one on blue side is very powerful because now your opponent is left with subpar laning options. Not just supports though, supports have an inherently small champion pool but it's a viable strategy against players with small champ pools as well.

Frankly the more bans there are, in general blue side advantage is increased.

Boofy!

Smash Champion

it was just an idea, and I've seen high elo teams ban 3 ad carrys each. Were they more than likely trolling? yeah, but its still something to consider.

D

Deleted member

Patch 1.72 should go out within the next week. The Name Change cleanup will be in the one after that, patch 1.73.
from the name sales thread. not entirely sure what the numbering is since pvp.net is on 1.70 currently

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ban Zyra, Lulu, Sona, Nunu, Blitzcrank

That still leaves Morgana, Taric, Alistar, Lux, Janna, and Soraka. (And Gangplank!) and Nami later on.

Yea not enough bans for supports need more.

More bans = more respect bans. Tbh just means people should get comfortable with 10+ champs. Versatility is a skill too

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't have much sympathy for the respect ban situation, because Riot actively chooses to release new champs on this tight schedule like clockwork instead of taking a month of sheer balance or slowing down with champions. I don't even know the LORE of all these ****ing people, let alone have to figure out every 2 weeks how broken or underpowered their champ is gonna be with these puny 3 bans for how many champs? We blew past 100 awhile ago. Seriously Riot just stop the cash cow for one or 2 solid months.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I always hope for the same thing, DMG, what with letting the game settle down a bit before the next patch.

But I know better. :applejack:

L__

Smash Master
does anyone remember that 1 patch where single target spells proc'd red

why did riot do that

i dont even remember reading that change in the patch notes

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Greetings all,

First, for those old (slightly smelly) farts that remember me, YO! It's been ages! And for the new (not as smelly... yet) farts, it's a pleasure to meet you and all that fun stuff.

Secondly, there's been some forum changes since I was here last, so I apologize if this is in the wrong spot. Feel free to move it, etc.

To the important part... as my absence suggests, I haven't been an active member in the smash community since my Innsomnia series shut down. Lots of reasons and things happened that aren't important, and long story short, I transitioned into playing League of Legends. I know a lot of people from this community play there too which is awesome.

I cofounded a community there called Team Class (www.teamclassgaming.com - if you want to join just put me as the referrer so I can keep an eye out for you guys. Being the cofounder, I don't get any perks for referrals so /shrug), which you're more than welcome to check out if you want. I miss all my smashy people. But the main reason I'm posting, is because I'm going to start hosting tournies there. Right now we're trying to do some test runs within the community (you have to be a registered member to participate, so come on over if you want), but assuming those go well, we'll be having one open to the public. For those that know my old smash tournies, everything will be run the exact same way: by the community, super laid back, and with a ton of awesomeness.

Cheers and <3 to all

(For the record, my ign for lol is also PrinceZane - feel free to hit me up)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
With the %50 off name change, i'm so gonna do that cause i'm tried of being called Oprah
hi oprah

---

hi princezane

---

Guys.

Guys.

What the **** counters Vayne?

I was Jungle Renekton, we had a Varus and a Cho and she was just MELTING us. Not even funny.

We DESTROYED early game and mid game, but late game we just... lost. 52 minute game.

Sucks.

In the end I bought Thornmail which helped me kill Vayne, but Vayne for 4 people was an awful tradeoff (effectively an ace since our Nidalee went AFK). lawl

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So Randuin's and Frozen Heart?

Our Cho'Gath had Frozen Heart I think, but anything else? I'm sick of Vayne, she's been in every single normal game since she's been free. All of the bad ones on my team ofc.

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

bassem6

Smash Lord
So Randuin's and Frozen Heart?

Our Cho'Gath had Frozen Heart I think, but anything else? I'm sick of Vayne, she's been in every single normal game since she's been free. All of the bad ones on my team ofc.

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Nunu, jax, malphite,amumu,nasus are good to have vs vayne

for items, frozen heart, wardens mail, randuins, thornmail (if they have enough auto attackers to warrant one)

bassem6

Smash Lord
Everytime I randomly get queued with smashgizmo in ranked solo q, its like having christmas multiple times a year. SMASH GIZMOOOOOOOOO

LOL MOGWAIIII THAT GAMEEEEE

Top Bottom