• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I came here to give away Mogwai's #1 LoL secret.

Don't pick Amumu against his jungle Morde. You'll come out of the jungle at level 2, missing your wraiths and double golems, and then when you try to do red buff after you blue pill, too much time will have passed and you'll be too weak to do it properly and nearly die.

And then he'll build Gunblade and DFG and use his teammate as bait so he can Gunblade->DFG->R->Q instagib someone on the other team.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
mord es #1

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I came here to give away Mogwai's #1 LoL secret.

Don't pick Amumu against his jungle Morde. You'll come out of the jungle at level 2, missing your wraiths and double golems, and then when you try to do red buff after you blue pill, too much time will have passed and you'll be too weak to do it properly and nearly die.

And then he'll build Gunblade and DFG and use his teammate as bait so he can Gunblade->DFG->R->Q instagib someone on the other team.
rofl, I'm sorry I wouldn't have been so mean if I knew you were a smasher :p.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I came here to gave away Mogwai's #1 LoL weakness.

Pick Morde against his laning Vladimir. You'll come out of your first shop with three kills and enough free farm for a death cap.

<3

I'm a massive ******* for bringing this up, you should tell me to forget about it if you mind haha :|

ALSO HI ZHAMY!
YOU JUST DOESN'T KNOW HOW GLAD I AM TO SEE YOU :)

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vayne builds? I'm going to play her instead of Orianna this week.

I've been going doran's blade - > boots -> dorans blade -> Zeal - > black cleaver

or something similar. Seems like a bunch of attack speed is good.

I'd like to work in madred's, wit's end, and maybe hexdrinker? dunno. Seems like there's lots of good ways to build her.

this last game I ended up with all three BF sword items and rolled endgame hard. 10-4 until i died to take BOTH nexus turrets down, and then we team fought them away from their base and i stayed to kite them while our super minion won for us. 10-6 overall. not bad.

I've seen people go sheen for the lulz burst silverbolts sheen tumble triple proc. Is that any good?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Has anyone tried out Bloodline Champions? It looks pretty cool to me. I'm thinking about downloading it tonight.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
NUNU!!!!
NUNU!!!!
NUNU!!!!

Somone give me a goodguide for NUNU! plz :D

Played the game for 4 days now and I bought NUNU!!! and ash morgana and this chick who is golden n uses a sword for teh lulz. I LIKE NUNU!!

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Hello Summoner,

Thank you for contacting Riot Games. We appreciate your participation in the Refer-A-Friend program! Unfortunately, the champion Warwick does not unlock with the skin, so you will have to purchase him on your own. The skin is indeed on your account though. Additionally, I can offer you an exchange of the Warwick skin for a skin of a champion you use. I can only exchange it for a regular skin; no legendary, limited, or unavailable skins can be exchanged. Please let me know the skin you would like in exchange for the Gray Warwick if interested.
Tough choices, any other skin I want in an exchange for a skin I'd never be able to get again, for a character I don't even play currently.

Also, PA is about Tom: http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-CV2d9W4/0/L/i-CV2d9W4-L.jpg

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
rofl, I'm sorry I wouldn't have been so mean if I knew you were a smasher :p.
What's your jungle Mord setup again? I don't own him, just curious about how it works
Vayne builds? I'm going to play her instead of Orianna this week.

I've been going doran's blade - > boots -> dorans blade -> Zeal - > black cleaver

or something similar. Seems like a bunch of attack speed is good.

I'd like to work in madred's, wit's end, and maybe hexdrinker? dunno. Seems like there's lots of good ways to build her.

this last game I ended up with all three BF sword items and rolled endgame hard. 10-4 until i died to take BOTH nexus turrets down, and then we team fought them away from their base and i stayed to kite them while our super minion won for us. 10-6 overall. not bad.

I've seen people go sheen for the lulz burst silverbolts sheen tumble triple proc. Is that any good?
You could try Chaox's Build if you like
NUNU!!!!
NUNU!!!!
NUNU!!!!

Somone give me a goodguide for NUNU! plz :D

Played the game for 4 days now and I bought NUNU!!! and ash morgana and this chick who is golden n uses a sword for teh lulz. I LIKE NUNU!!
Here's a Nunu guide from arguably one of the top two junglers in the scene. You don't have access to Tier 3 runes yet so you probably can't follow his exact path, but you can still learn some gameplay tips and copy his build.

Also, that chick with a sword is called Kayle :p

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

What's your jungle Mord setup again? I don't own him, just curious about how it works
9/0/21, AttackSpeed/ArPen, armor, mres/level, flat AP (MPen doesn't help jungling speed enough to be worth it over ArPen/AS on the Reds, but you still need flat AP for your starting wraith time to be optimized).

open cloth + 5 HP pots and Q on small gols with an early smite. W @ level 2, E @ level 3, R > Q > E > W. boots -> hextech revolver -> gunblade -> CHOICES! Most robust build involves rylai's, GA, FoN, Triforce and Mercs, but you can go straight AP nuker or a sunfire + Abyssal build too if you like.

In that particular game I went kage's -> deathcap -> DFG after gunblade and just sat in a bush waiting for Taric to bait someone past it into DFG -> ult -> Q -> E -> Gunblade 0-death combo, huehuehuehuehuehue.

@Abel: I'd just be asking for core items rather than guides atm. Play around with the game and get a feel for it before you worry about the real deep down nitty gritty of playing champions efficiently.

Nunu: build tanky items and splash in some AP for damage output. You can get away with building a triforce or madred's bloodrazor if you really want your yeti to smack ****, but it's typically less efficient than building AP for damage output.
Core: Ionian Boots, Banshee's Veil
Defensive Items: Frozen Heart, Spirit Visage, Sunfire Cape, Guardian Angel, Abyssal Scepter
AP Items: Void Staff, Abyssal Scepter, Rabadon's Deathcap, Rod of Ages
Attacking Items: Trinity Force, Madred's Bloodrazor
Run into jungle and eat creeps with your Q to get free gold/experience in low level play without a jungler. Consuming in lane is not worthwhile because it prevents you from practicing last hitting and needlessly pushes the lane, both of which will develop bad habits.

Morgana: build AP, preferably with solid defensive stats as well. never invest in items to auto-attack.
Core: Sorc Shoes, Catalyst of the Protector, Zhonya's Hourglass
AP Items: Rabadon's Deathcap, Rod of Ages, Abyssal Scepter, Void Staff
Defensive Items: Banshee's Veil, Abyssal Scepter
protip: activate your ult and then use Zhonya's Hourglass's Active ability to **** with people.

Kayle: build hybrid AD/AP to maximize your stats via your passive.
Core: Berserker's Greaves, Guinsoo's Rageblade
Offensive Items: Hextech Gunblade, Rabadon's Deathcap, Infinity Edge, Malady, Lichbane, Trinity Force, Nashor's Tooth
Defensive Items: Guardian Angel, Banshee's Veil
Lots of ways to build her, but Rageblade + Gunblade -> Deathcap or Infinity Edge seems to have the strongest scaling. I've seen it all though, futz around and see what you like. Try to avoid building defensively and instead focus on ult timing and positioning so that you don't blow up.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Iggy. I'd recommend closing your ticket and opening a new one, see if you get someone different/more lenient. I definitely got my Warwick for free.

That Penny Arcade about LoL is definitely Tom... except he's actually counted how much he's spent.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I think I might just call it a wash. Chad sent a ticket as well and just got shut down flat out.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
So I'm mid as Teemo.
Our Cait is bot with Sona and gets killed before minions spawned when she face checked a bush with three people in it.
She blames her death on me because I didn't call a mia on mid.
Around level 7 the Heimer I was laning against goes to bot and ganks Cait who was overextended at their tower. I didn't call mia because Heimer hit three mushrooms I had down the river on the way.
She blamed me for no mia, and I told her that if she watched the minimap at all she would have seen Heimer WELL before he got close to bot lane.
From that point on I just anally called mias because I didn't want any raging on my team.
Cait gets killed again and starts raging because I didn't call a mia. Except for the fact that I did and had shrooms to again warn her.
Their Trynd comes from top to gank her at bot. He hits like two or three shrooms and passes another few on the way and top lane called him mia for Cait but she still blames us for no mia.
Then she tells us that she doesn't actually read the chat logs while playing unless she's dead or at base.
She tells us we need to ping the map for any mias.
We start to do that for her.
She still dies and blames us in all chat for no mias.
3/17/4 Cait and ELO down the drain.

I swear... some people...
I just don't get it.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Be level 20.

A full page of level 1's can be worthwhile for their cost, and when you finish you can use the rune combiner and get a tier 3 rune. But absolutely do not buy tier 2 runes.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
That's my opinion yes. A lot of people think you should skip 1 and 2 and only buy 3's.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I bought one level two Quint for Akali, so I could use the old Doran's Blade trick way back when I was level 12.

D

Deleted member

So I'm mid as Teemo.
Our Cait is bot with Sona and gets killed before minions spawned when she face checked a bush with three people in it.
She blames her death on me because I didn't call a mia on mid.
Around level 7 the Heimer I was laning against goes to bot and ganks Cait who was overextended at their tower. I didn't call mia because Heimer hit three mushrooms I had down the river on the way.
She blamed me for no mia, and I told her that if she watched the minimap at all she would have seen Heimer WELL before he got close to bot lane.
From that point on I just anally called mias because I didn't want any raging on my team.
Cait gets killed again and starts raging because I didn't call a mia. Except for the fact that I did and had shrooms to again warn her.
Their Trynd comes from top to gank her at bot. He hits like two or three shrooms and passes another few on the way and top lane called him mia for Cait but she still blames us for no mia.
Then she tells us that she doesn't actually read the chat logs while playing unless she's dead or at base.
She tells us we need to ping the map for any mias.
We start to do that for her.
She still dies and blames us in all chat for no mias.
3/17/4 Cait and ELO down the drain.

I swear... some people...
I just don't get it.
don't give ur teammates the benefit of the doubt

i usually insta type mia the second someones gone and sometimes ping a possible path

get trolled though lol

Top Bottom