• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You don't really farm as Janna. You're support. You can get gold/10 items if you want in order to create some income (probably better than Chalice). If you're buying wards and feeding kills you're already doing your job. Just keep your squishies/DPS safe during teamfights.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
noc snowball potential much greater though. if he can get level advantage and gank while people havent bought too many times, you have a jungler-rapist who just kills stuff

snowballs way better than yi
and how does janna hard counter nocturne lol
i mean u can ult or jump on a carry, throw up spell shield and force her to quick reset positioning
janna is just good at her job, how does she counter noc?
if u waste janna ulti and get reset, then good job, u just engage again... this time with a less effective janna

in theoddones jungle ww guide, he said something like nocturne does everything olaf does but better, and its pretty accurate as far as how he meant it.
out of curiousity, have you ever seen a good yi snowball? I'm not saying that it's necessarily better than a noct snowballing, but I would say it's far from as clear cut as you're making it sound. a yi with level/item advantage is pretty horrifying and really really good at turning being ahead into being way ahead with his jungle clearing speed and escapability.

Noct's a squishy melee who's good at his job. Janna's a support who's good at countering melee. they're both good at their jobs, but janna's job is to invalidate noct's job. I mean, if that's not a counter, plz give an example of a character counter in this game and how it's different. oh and please, stop being ridiculous here, if the situation is such that you can jump on the ranged carry with your ult, get ulted off by janna and then just disengage rather than getting face****ed by the opposing team, your team was already at a considerable advantage. in a neutral position if you just jump on the ranged carry, Janna doesn't even need to do anything, you're just gonna get ***** unless the rest of your team starts diving with you, at which point Janna ult is accomplishing a hell of a lot more than just trading with your ult.

I would say Olaf does true damage and immune to CC way better than Nocturne does. Olaf's late game is just completely silly and he's without a doubt top tier at simply outlasting everyone in a fight. I don't see how they're really comparable tbh, they're very different characters and I'd typically rather have Olaf.

oh btw what is my purpose with janna

I mean i've been going like 0/2/20000 and thats fine and all but am I supposed to farm? ever?

all I do is get Chalice CD boots and then wards all day

and I run flash/Clairvoyance.
open double philo instead of chalice. that will keep your gold flow going. from there it's pretty much ?????? for items, you can do pretty much whatever. really all you're supposed to do is sit next to your carry and keep the opposing team off his/her ****. (AND NOT FLASH INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE OPPOSING TEAM AND USE YOUR ULT TO INITIATE/BLOW THEM INTO YOUR FLEEING TEAMMATE)

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
ok

he should get more nerfs or others should get buffs

nothing to do with broken or non, totally irrelevant

no its not
i can just call it global then if it bothers u that much

to repeat, noc needs nerfs or other need buffs to make other junglers as good as him. he isnt even really a niche jungler, he can roll against tons of teams and doesnt get countered by anybody

also why are u complaining about skill level in normals
first of all, normals dont matter at all. like at all

if u are at a point where u are qqing that your normal teammates suck, then maybe u are taking the game seriously enough that u need to stop playing normal and start playing ranked

u cant really make pronouncements about character skill when all u ever do is play normal games, and dont even do that very impressively. even in one of the screenshots u posted, u did that bull**** where in endgame chat u were like "x player and y player suck"

grow a pair. their team doesnt care, u shouldnt care. some people have bad games, and u arent the skill police. its a normal game, so whether they do good or bad is irrelevant, and even if its ranked, u shouldnt be trying to put people down. sure they suck, but if u just flame them, u get in teh way of their getting better

i also want to get in a 5's team with some GOOD THINKING players
but people here just want to play normals and give their own advice and opinions straight from ignorance

i just want to play competitive lol and take down tsm, clg, eg and everyone else. one day i hope
First of all, you're an ***.

Got that out of the way.

I do play ranked. I just happened to have more normals than ranked in my history on that screenshot. I don't play ranked games in the morning, and that was after this morning's session before work. I have maybe 250 ranked solo queue games or so. I'm around 1300 and climbing. I never once mentioned normal queue. I'm talking in general. People die too much.

Noct's ult isn't global by any stretch of the imagination. Do you even play him? At level 6, his ult can't jump from red buff to mid, even. You have to be right there ready to gank that lane. You can't be in between 2 lanes and pick one to ult to. Even at max level, you can't jump very far. His ult is probably his worst move. You're QQing about the wrong thing. Honestly, his spell-shield is probably the best move he has.

Finally, you're an ***.

Had to say it twice to make sure you noticed.

edit: Hey, safehaven, what's your rating? Also, screenshot your last 6 scores and post it. I have a theory and I'm hoping you prove me wrong.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
ok

he should get more nerfs or others should get buffs

nothing to do with broken or non, totally irrelevant
In every game there are champs better than others. Nocturne is a good jungler, especially in soloQ. The only reason I'd argue that he doesn't need nerfs/buffs is because there is still plenty of variation in junglers in high competitive play when he isn't banned (ie every game he isn't banned he isn't always played, even at tournament level).

no its not
i can just call it global then if it bothers u that much
While I still think in combination of his kit that Noc's ult is dumb, fact is that it isn't a global due to the nerf in range (which I believe is half of what it used to be). For an idea of distance, Noc's ult is 300 range longer than Caitlynn's ult (I'm referring to the LoL forums for this so could be bad information).

to repeat, noc needs nerfs or other need buffs to make other junglers as good as him. he isnt even really a niche jungler, he can roll against tons of teams and doesnt get countered by anybody
You could be right, I just haven't seen enough from DH or any other major tournies to believe Nocturne to be too strong, at least in arranged, would your opinion differ in arranged or do you still think he is too strong? I can easily see the resemblance in Nocturne that Shaco used to have the benefit of in solo q.

also why are u complaining about skill level in normals
first of all, normals dont matter at all. like at all
Also he is playing Orianna, a champ with good range and typically stays far out of fights like Janna. I don't see how Dastrn can make such a claim on a support champ or even a carry champ. Play a tank, or think about that 1 game you had a terrible kda and think about how many thousands play this game and consider the odds of it happening to 1 of them.

i also want to get in a 5's team with some GOOD THINKING players
but people here just want to play normals and give their own advice and opinions straight from ignorance
Just like any other competitively watched game/sport/show. Fact is there are plenty of people who can understand and talk about the game even if they are not good at playing it.

What I don't understand is your desire to call out people on a LoL thread in a subforum of Smashboards, where it's clear, that there is a combination of both competitive and casual players. Don't you know how to disagree without bashing?

i just want to play competitive lol and take down tsm, clg, eg and everyone else. one day i hope
Good luck. I truly hope you get good enough to achieve what you want.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
how does having the most godlike late game in the world make you top tier
hey look tryndamere and poppy can 1v5 your team after 50 minutes

so u force fights and just kill them over and over at 10, 20, 30 minutes.

ok so: noc ult, team goes with, janna ults, reset

then a minute later, someone else initiate, noc goes in and fears someone relevant, team ****, janna tries to nado people and shield ad carry

??????? how is this complicated. noc cant initiate at all, no one is saying its his job to initiate fights, but just he can follow initiation much better
hes just all around better than yi. also i have been in snowball games with both, and noc is much scarier. i mean wuju style and meditate are terrifying but im more scared of nocs entire kit being used on me in the space of 2 seconds

dastrn
im not arguing with u. stop complaining about normal games.

who cares about level 1 noc ult. not significant at all
doesnt matter if ult is his worst move or best or whatever. not relevant, once again. if im the worst league player out of a group of 4 players, me hotshot reginald jiji, how is that relevant
w/e noting to argue. stop complaining about normal games

edit: if u are going to be casual and have fun then do it. if u are going to play normals all your life and act hardcore then why nvm i dont understand, u probably the kind of people who take pickup soccer and basketballe really seriously and get mad at your team. theres trying to win and theres being ********/ difference

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
definitely going to need you to explain how you see irelia puttin in work in a 1 v more than 1

ever since hog nerf my irelia has just not been putting work...i feel underpowered the whole game.

fix me

Irelia
0/9/21
arm pen reds
health per level yellows or attack speed yellows
Cool down per level blues

cloth +5 pots start -> wriggles -> brutalizer ->CDR boots -> BV -> Randuins -> yomuus -> sell CDR boots for Merc or Zerks -> FoN

Merc
Wriggles
Yomuus
BV
Randuins
FoN

what is wrong here?
I'd aim for Trinity Force or at least get Sheen and get TF later. If you are set on Wriggles, then completely skip Brutalizer/Youmuu and get sheen. If you want to part with Wriggles, you could instead do HoG/P stone. HoG for building into Randuins obv, P Stone for laning. Get either one of those, boots/Sheen, and then decide whether you want TF or a tankier item. After that, complete the other choice and work your way from there.

Mogwai's suggestion is also good. Basically you need to cut out Youmuu and CDR. Idk about Warmog to Atmas on her, but that would be an improvement over going heavy CDR. Either way you lean: wanting more burst or more sustainability, CDR will not help you out as much in either department.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer

then a minute later, someone else initiate, noc goes in and fears someone relevant, team ****, janna tries to nado people and shield ad carry

??????? how is this complicated. noc cant initiate at all, no one is saying its his job to initiate fights, but just he can follow initiation much better
hes just all around better than yi. also i have been in snowball games with both, and noc is much scarier. i mean wuju style and meditate are terrifying but im more scared of nocs entire kit being used on me in the space of 2 seconds

dastrn
im not arguing with u. stop complaining about normal games.

who cares about level 1 noc ult. not significant at all
doesnt matter if ult is his worst move or best or whatever. not relevant, once again. if im the worst league player out of a group of 4 players, me hotshot reginald jiji, how is that relevant
w/e noting to argue. stop complaining about normal games

edit: if u are going to be casual and have fun then do it. if u are going to play normals all your life and act hardcore then why nvm i dont understand, u probably the kind of people who take pickup soccer and basketballe really seriously and get mad at your team. theres trying to win and theres being ********/ difference
Looks like you ARE arguing with me.
You're the one fixating on a few normal games in my history.
I play more ranked than normal these days.
YOU care about noct's level 1 ult. You're complaining about it.
I haven't acted hardcore at all. I just mentioned that I think people die too much.
No, I don't take pickup sports seriously.
Yeah, I get irritated when I go 14-3-20 with Orianna and I have 2 feeders on my team that manage to give away an easy win. I like to win. I play to win. I didn't flame them the whole game, though. Ask the guys on here that I play with (Kleeck, UTDZac, Virgy, Tom, Zolga, etc.) I'm not usually the guy to rage.
Speaking of which, that whole crew will back me up that I hardly ever die, and I play all sorts of champs, not just ranged support. Noct is one of my main champs. I hardly ever die on him because I don't play him like a ****** and ult into the back of a team fight before my tanks have locked in on the other team's AP carry. I also play malphite and jarvan in ranked as tanks and come out with positive KD ratios easily. Udyr jungled in ranked for over 50 games. Always positive, no ranged moves. Face first into every fight. Zilean is in my top 4 ranked champs. Always positive. Xin is in my top 6. Melee, no range.

My point isn't to argue with you. I didn't post that screenshot thinking "I wonder if I can piss off some kid on the forums". I posted it to talk about why people die so often. Most players play just about exactly the same in normals and ranked, with the possible exception of champion selection. I've played more normals with Orianna than ranked because she's new, and I wanted to get maybe 10 games under my belt in normals with her to find out how good she was before I relied on her to win me games. More than half of my ranked games played since she's come out, she was the wrong pick for my team so I went Xin, Malphite, Jarvan, etc.

If you are so bothered by some normals in my history, then I'll play some ranked games and put up similar scores, screen shot it, post it, and then sit back and watch you flame me for some other petty reason you come up with because You're That Guy.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
ive never looked at your profile and i never will cause i dont think u are that important lol

i looked at things on the thread and all i see of u is qq about normal games

and people dont play normals like they play ranked. u are soooo wrong its not funny

i just dont know why ur attitude sucks so bad. also u are imagining this whole thing like im trying to get onto u. i dont care just stop flaming people in normals

the whole "i dont die" thing is pretty old. like the ashe who flashes away from the carry and leaves the fight to a 4v5
its like LOL stop talking about your score noob..

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
ive never looked at your profile and i never will cause i dont think u are that important lol

i looked at things on the thread and all i see of u is qq about normal games

and people dont play normals like they play ranked. u are soooo wrong its not funny

i just dont know why ur attitude sucks so bad. also u are imagining this whole thing like im trying to get onto u. i dont care just stop flaming people in normals

the whole "i dont die" thing is pretty old. like the ashe who flashes away from the carry and leaves the fight to a 4v5
its like LOL stop talking about your score noob..
I'm going to guess you die constantly and wonder why you lose.

What's your rating?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, I'm well aware that ELO doesn't reflect skill level necessarily, although it's a good indicator.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer

last post I make on this because your responses aren't getting us anywhere and I'm getting really tired of the attitude.

first off, trynd and poppy lategames are horribly overrated. Poppy's is pretty good, but against a strong teamcomp, Trynd can't spec ******** damage and still live through the sort of CC/exhausts/ignites that get dumped his way. w/e, neither here nor there, just saying that people's default assumptions about the strongest late game champs are actually just completely out of whack.

I said top tier at outlasting everyone in fights, which does not equate to top tier in all respects. I keep saying I'd rather have olaf because I'd rather have olaf, it's that simple. you don't have to agree with me, but you should at least respect the fact that Nocturne IS the sort of character that can slip through an entire ban/draft process without it being a mistake on one side or the other. The same cannot be said of champions like Vayne, TF and Jarman. There's the difference right there between strong and viable and OP. Fine, you want some other junglers buffed, w/e, idc, noct doesn't really need a nerf because there are still AT LEAST Nunu, Trundle, WW, and Olaf who can compete with him (I'd argue also Trynd, Yi, Xin, Rammus, and Amumu).

ok fine. noct follows the initiation, presumably another ult or summoner spell + CC, Janna ults, Janna counters multiple abilities with longer CD than her ult. how again is this her losing out? you're making up stupid scenarios where the nocturne's team had already gained a significant positional advantage and then saying this proves that Janna can't counter him effectively.

and I'm not saying that Noct is worse than yi, I'm saying that he's comparable in many respects but in place or stupidtarded DPS he has a more flexible kit. they have their pros and cons.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cool article. Yorick looks fun. If he's half as fun as playing Death Knight in WoW, I'll buy him early.

Kinda torn, though, since I'm hoping to buy Lee Sin and Rumble soon. I only have like 4k IP saved up.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
if ur tired of responding dont respond

im making up a scenario, and u are coutnering that by making up another one

dont need long cooldown abilities to initiate is short answer
long answer is this is going nowhere

also its not an assumption about trynd poppy late game its experience

ok so u would rather have olaf. ok

AND NOOB ELO MAN:
i was 1657 and steadily climbing til i lost 21 out of 24 ranked games in a row because of consecutive feeders and afk

now i get to play everyday with **** flamers like u who make these grand declarations and declare "gg" after first blood

but do i flame them? no cause oh wait, that accomplishes NOTHING as u dotn realize. have fun being a noob 1300 flamer and stay that way, or get carried up and be one of the people who drags good players down

also i play what my team needs

Wrath`

Smash Master
Does anyone see a problem with spectator mode, I mean I can spectate my friends match and be in skype with him and potentially cheat by revealing anything to him. Or am I missing something?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Does anyone see a problem with spectator mode, I mean I can spectate my friends match and be in skype with him and potentially cheat by revealing anything to him. Or am I missing something?
they've said it will first be in custom games only and they've also mentioned that they're going to put a small delay on the spectator

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Spectator mode already exist. I watch Bob stream all the time. There is ghost, but it's not bad if it's delayed 30s

For observer mode, starcraft 2 only allows it in custom games anyway.

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
Speculation on Yorick: Q, W, and E will each be attached to an individual ghoul type. All ghouls will be moved with the ALT + Click. If this is true then you'll be left with literally one spell to actively use so I'd also speculate that there would be an ability to use while a ghoul is summoned. Perhaps different effects for sacrificing different ghouls. That would seem more engaging at least...

Seems like a cool champion. We'll see!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It would be neat if they could bind each ghoul to a different keyboard button, and give those ghouls their own unique abilities, like actual pets. But this is wishful thinking on my part. I'm still super sad about no Monkey King.

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
It would be neat if they could bind each ghoul to a different keyboard button, and give those ghouls their own unique abilities, like actual pets. But this is wishful thinking on my part. I'm still super sad about no Monkey King.
That would be cool, but it seems outside of the scope of the game. I'd settle for being able to split them to attack different champs. Even that is wishful thinking, though...

And yeah, wtf... Where IS the Monkey King?!?

Edit: Maybe Skarner is the Monkey King? New Monkey Race? Also I noticed that each of these new champs has the "tanky" description. I thought Riot was trying to work away from the Tanky/DPS meta?

Edit, Edit: @Px - What if you could equip each ghoul independently! That'd be sick! As it most likely will be I'd build auras to buff my ghoul army. AotL, Starks, Maybe WotA, etc.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Speculation on Yorick: Q, W, and E will each be attached to an individual ghoul type. All ghouls will be moved with the ALT + Click. If this is true then you'll be left with literally one spell to actively use so I'd also speculate that there would be an ability to use while a ghoul is summoned. Perhaps different effects for sacrificing different ghouls. That would seem more engaging at least...

Seems like a cool champion. We'll see!
In the video riot explained one of the Gravedigger's abilities was to dig up a random ghoul (each ghoul has a different effect). They only live for a short time. They wanted the GD to be able to spam his dig ability to get a lot of different ghouls.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Got my Gray Warwick Juan, just sent in a ticket to see if they'll give me Warwick for free as well now.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I thought if you got a custom skin you got the champion as well. That's what happened for Trist, Cho, and Jax for me.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
That's what I thought as well, and my main argument for why they should give me warwick for free.

Top Bottom