• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
before you post in the lol thread

make sure that if u put the words dear diary in front of your post, then it would not seem right

just a suggestion

also i can post screenshots of my ad janna carrying normal games if tahts what were doing

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
before you post in the lol thread

make sure that if u put the words dear diary in front of your post, then it would not seem right

just a suggestion

also i can post screenshots of my ad janna carrying normal games if tahts what were doing
When the Janna posts after realizing this is a joke aimed at a SWFer, maybe then we can discuss the merits of a diary.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Heh. So sion's daddy, Kayle sans wings and taric's pet are incoming? i hope one of them is a tank i really want to pick up (and learn) a tank but i haven't found one i enjoy that isn't god awful ( warmog stacking shen is my fav, even though he is balls)

EDIT: zac i <3 you.

_Dice

Smash Ace
yeah but i mean there are alot of sword + shield non tanks, and she uses fire, which leans to assassin dps more than tank :( the crystal would be a nice tank, but the grave keeper would be cooler to have a tank with a pet.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Grave Digger will be tanky AP

Scorpion will be squishy but will have debuffs

N64

Smash Champion
3 new champs in the works. Stated, at least, that they're the next 3 to come out. Pretty cool, but not monkey king.

: ( still kinda hype for monkey king.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
People are still complaining about Noc?
hes one of the strongest junglers in the game
pretty much global ultimate
super strong early mid and (potentially) late
hes pretty good at everything, so there is something to complain about

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah but pretty good doesn't constitute broken.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
hes one of the strongest junglers in the game
pretty much global ultimate
super strong early mid and (potentially) late
hes pretty good at everything, so there is something to complain about
Calling his ultimate "pretty much global" is asinine.

Noct is fine now. He's a strong champ, but not OP.

In other news. I never die. Why does everyone else die so much?

Here's my last 6 games. This is slightly better than average for me, but not remarkably so.

That's 7 deaths in 6 games. In the only loss, I was 3-0 but we were getting steamrolled. I died twice saving towers. In each of my last two games, where I died twice, we killed 4 for 1 for one of my deaths. Those are good times to die. I'll never understand why people die 8 or 10 times in a game that wasn't an hour long crazy back and forth match. Even in those, I usually will go like 7-5-22 or something.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's not that hard of a concept to understand that some people are better than others.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not that hard of a concept to understand that some people are better than others.
Shouldn't that mean that I move up the normal ELO ladder and get paired with better players, and then start dying like everyone else?

I suppose matchmaking is horribly broken and pairs up very imbalanced teams all the time. Whenever my team gets stomped, it's probably 80% likely when I check the wins of the two teams that the other team had on average double the total wins of the players on my team.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Shouldn't that mean that I move up the normal ELO ladder and get paired with better players, and then start dying like everyone else?

I suppose matchmaking is horribly broken and pairs up very imbalanced teams all the time. Whenever my team gets stomped, it's probably 80% likely when I check the wins of the two teams that the other team had on average double the total wins of the players on my team.
Does that never happen when you beat teams?

Edit: Also, you are playing normal games. Not too many people take normal seriously from what I can tell.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
meh, depends on the circumstances of the 1v5. Irelia, Mordekaiser and Olaf are the 3 best stand around and 1v5 them champs, while Nidalee, Teemo and Ezreal are better at the more practical lead them around the forest and pick them off 1 at a time to 1v5 them.
definitely going to need you to explain how you see irelia puttin in work in a 1 v more than 1

ever since hog nerf my irelia has just not been putting work...i feel underpowered the whole game.

fix me

Irelia
0/9/21
arm pen reds
health per level yellows or attack speed yellows
Cool down per level blues

cloth +5 pots start -> wriggles -> brutalizer ->CDR boots -> BV -> Randuins -> yomuus -> sell CDR boots for Merc or Zerks -> FoN

Merc
Wriggles
Yomuus
BV
Randuins
FoN

what is wrong here?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

2 things:

1. no matter how many times you go X/0/X in normal games, your elo ain't going anywhere unless you play ranked.

2. KDA doesn't translate into wins. Killing the nexus translates to wins. Fun exercise, look at Azen Zagenite's ranked KDA sometime. Then look at his W/L. Then look at Maknoon or Hotshot's KDA and W/L. This game isn't about killing the opposing champions and making sure you survive. It's about progressing your team towards the end goal of destroying the nexus. If you're picking some exceptionally safe nuker (Kass, Oriana, Lux are all good examples) and just sitting back then doing what you gotta do to get kills while not dying, you can easily get mindbogglingly high KDA and still lose every single game because even if you ace every fight from 15-40 minutes, if you're the only one still up, you're not pushing **** and thus doing nothing to progress your team towards actual victory other than acquiring more gold for the team.

definitely going to need you to explain how you see irelia puttin in work in a 1 v more than 1

ever since hog nerf my irelia has just not been putting work...i feel underpowered the whole game.

fix me

Irelia
0/9/21
arm pen reds
health per level yellows or attack speed yellows
Cool down per level blues

cloth +5 pots start -> wriggles -> brutalizer ->CDR boots -> BV -> Randuins -> yomuus -> sell CDR boots for Merc or Zerks -> FoN

Merc
Wriggles
Yomuus
BV
Randuins
FoN

what is wrong here?
well, the short answer is everything. you're going for CDR cap on a character where CDR is meh and then building straight offensive items at first on a character who's AD scaling is also meh. this build was never particularly robust, but it's only gotten worse and worse over the past 2-3 months as they've patched.

regrowth pendant -> philostone -> boots -> sheen -> vamp scepter -> Force of Atmog's (Warmog's, Atma's and FoN) -> triforce, with either ninja tabi or merc treads when necessary and elisa's miracle if you go ninja tabi. Sell the vamp scepter when you need room after warmogs if you went tabi. Otherwise sell your philostone and play more conservatively with mana.

Spec 0/21/9 with arpen or AS reds (ideally ArPen vs. squishy lanes and AS vs. tankier lanes), Armor or Dodge Yellows, MRes/level Blues, and Movespeed/ArPen/AS/HP/HPregen quints (they're all preference). Ghost or Flash + Ignite for lane presence or Flash + Exhaust for chasing carries mid-late game.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
Yeah but pretty good doesn't constitute broken.
ok

he should get more nerfs or others should get buffs

nothing to do with broken or non, totally irrelevant

Calling his ultimate "pretty much global" is asinine.

Noct is fine now. He's a strong champ, but not OP.
no its not
i can just call it global then if it bothers u that much

to repeat, noc needs nerfs or other need buffs to make other junglers as good as him. he isnt even really a niche jungler, he can roll against tons of teams and doesnt get countered by anybody

also why are u complaining about skill level in normals
first of all, normals dont matter at all. like at all

if u are at a point where u are qqing that your normal teammates suck, then maybe u are taking the game seriously enough that u need to stop playing normal and start playing ranked

u cant really make pronouncements about character skill when all u ever do is play normal games, and dont even do that very impressively. even in one of the screenshots u posted, u did that bull**** where in endgame chat u were like "x player and y player suck"

grow a pair. their team doesnt care, u shouldnt care. some people have bad games, and u arent the skill police. its a normal game, so whether they do good or bad is irrelevant, and even if its ranked, u shouldnt be trying to put people down. sure they suck, but if u just flame them, u get in teh way of their getting better

i also want to get in a 5's team with some GOOD THINKING players
but people here just want to play normals and give their own advice and opinions straight from ignorance

i just want to play competitive lol and take down tsm, clg, eg and everyone else. one day i hope

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
noct is just a less-yi Master Yi with more utility. he's pretty good but he still has many of the same pitfalls as other squishy Melee character such as getting AoE cluster****ed, getting hard countered by Janna, and being completely useless when the opposing ranged carry's exhaust is up (since all ranged carries run exhaust/flash now). I'd still rather have a good nunu or olaf than nocturne at the moment, and I think his power level is right around Trundle's (they play very differently though).

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
noc snowball potential much greater though. if he can get level advantage and gank while people havent bought too many times, you have a jungler-rapist who just kills stuff

snowballs way better than yi
and how does janna hard counter nocturne lol
i mean u can ult or jump on a carry, throw up spell shield and force her to quick reset positioning
janna is just good at her job, how does she counter noc?
if u waste janna ulti and get reset, then good job, u just engage again... this time with a less effective janna

in theoddones jungle ww guide, he said something like nocturne does everything olaf does but better, and its pretty accurate as far as how he meant it.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
oh btw what is my purpose with janna

I mean i've been going like 0/2/20000 and thats fine and all but am I supposed to farm? ever?

all I do is get Chalice CD boots and then wards all day

and I run flash/Clairvoyance.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
philo stone

chalice seems like waste of gold to me. just get 1 or 2 philo and u should be ok. just dont waste mana and u wont need to spend money on better mana regen
JUST MY OPINION but think about it for yourself. u dont need to be using all your abilities in laning so why not just get philo x2 and boots, then aegis or cata depending on how u are doing

in ranked 5's, janna should start regrowth and then get most of the cs until she can get first philo stone, after that she doesnt need **** unless lane partner is b

yeah i said it

Top Bottom