• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I still maintain a few things

1. For every game, there's a build that would be optimal for him. And in most cases, those optimal builds counter the weaknesses the enemy would usually exploit against the guy, while still allowing his general strengths to shine.
2. Prep time shaco is ****.
3. Pantheon's 1:1 AP ratio W is awesome.

He IS great, but too HARD to do GREAT with!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Real talk though:

Kassadin, 0/21/9
Catalyst > Warmogs > Banshees > Bloodrazor > Wits End > Atmas

Get in, take magic damage, laugh as they make you hit faster, riftwalk out.

kassadin, **** yeah

I do this in normals and it works

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
All I have to say about Shaco subject is

*5 months ago*

*Shaco in tier 1-2 on elementz list"

Me: Shaco isn't very good. >__>

This thread: NOOB HE OWNZ PEOPLE AT HIGH LEVELS YOU ARENT UP THERE SO HOW WOULD YOU KNOW NOOB

derp

da herp

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Pretty sure every single spell of his has been nerfed. At least twice since that period.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
The next 5? Wow, I'd like to hear about those other two champions!

Also, the order is;

Yorick (Tanky DPS)
Leona (Pure Tank)
???
Skarner (Tanky DPS or Tank, I'd like to provide build options for both)

So....huh?
Heh...
:| Why are they releasing so much tankiness. Yeesh.

-DD

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
more tank optionz. they got plenty o damage options and stuff but far less tank optionz

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've lost 9 out of 10 now. I started 6-0 with Vayne on bot lane against a really solid teemo/veig combo..but my malzahar mid went 1-12. and a 0-9 karma in top lane.

I don't understand how matchmaking works. That malz wasn't even level 30. The only non-30 in the match. Why would it match him with us? I have almost 1000 unranked games. It should know we don't belong together.

I would rather wait 3x as long for a good matchup than get paired into losing games like that. I should have a chance to win my games. 7 straight games that I had zero chance to win. If you put hotshotgg in my shoes in these 7 games he'd come away with 7 losses. That's just silly.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Normal matchmaking is pretty wonky, and honestly you need to be at like 100+ wins over losses to start even getting decent people to play with (and even then you get some baddies).

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I remember when, if you didn't have multiple Fortifies, Shaco would appear at your turret as you pushed and outpush all five of your team.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Aura Shaco. GA Sunfire Madreds Starks Boots etc. Enjoy your win.

Dastrn: Duo with someone to get to 1400. IMO that's the hardest grind from the perspective of people playing ********. Once you hit 1400, the game becomes noticeably less filled with feeders and deliberate AFK/nonsense.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Aura Shaco. GA Sunfire Madreds Starks Boots etc. Enjoy your win.

Dastrn: Duo with someone to get to 1400. IMO that's the hardest grind from the perspective of people playing ********. Once you hit 1400, the game becomes noticeably less filled with feeders and deliberate AFK/nonsense.
till all your queue partners have internet issues

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Double Warmog Gunblade Gangplank is probably the funniest **** I've seen besides Tiamat stacking.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The Amumu had 25 assists... and everyone on both teams died a lot. Seems to me like he did fine. He died the most on your team, meaning they were focusing him, meaning the DPS went untouched. If anything you should be congratulating the guy (unless he was getting picked by himself or refusing to initiate or something).

DanGR - Elementz put Nidalee in Tier 1... get ready for some nerfs :p

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Archangels stacking Kass?

Man he's lucky they never even looked at him wrong.

EDIT: Why is Nid T1? She's...

You know what, no, it's not even worth it. If they do nerf her they'll be hurting a character who only needs the opposite.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Amumu had 25 assists... and everyone on both teams died a lot. Seems to me like he did fine. He died the most on your team, meaning they were focusing him, meaning the DPS went untouched. If anything you should be congratulating the guy (unless he was getting picked by himself or refusing to initiate or something).

DanGR - Elementz put Nidalee in Tier 1... get ready for some nerfs :p
No he was horrible. He would bandage toss into a 1v4 with half health and no mana and die by himself when we were stuck behind a wall. I think his entire plan was to land bandage tosses, with no regard for what happened next.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I hate when people say "your bad because you went 0/8 with a tank bleh bleh bleh"

Tanks dont get kills. dont use **** like that as reasoning.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer

You know what, no, it's not even worth it. If they do nerf her they'll be hurting a character who only needs the opposite.
She's just really strong in the Euro style of play where they like to have two strong AP solos (as she's one of the strongest). She can pretty much permapush and never die, while providing significant pocket heals and steroids to the DPS of the team.

They've wanted to nerf her lane sustainability for a while now... it would just be amusing if this were to be what sent them over the edge, lol.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Oh, the solo queue hard carry yourself to high ELO list and not draft. That makes more sense.

EDIT: Draft too?

Goddamn, I'm just not seeing it.

EDIT2: I guess I don't see it because I've only been playing anti-mages recently and I eat Nidalee for breakfast as Kassadin.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hate when people say "your bad because you went 0/8 with a tank bleh bleh bleh"

Tanks dont get kills. dont use **** like that as reasoning.
No, I'm using the "i watched you play for 45 minute and you were horrible the entire time" reasoning.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
No, I'm using the "i watched you play for 45 minute and you were horrible the entire time" reasoning.
To be fair with as much DPS as Vayne and Kass were likely doing, one or two ticks of Amumu's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA probably landed him quite a few assists.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well, as a primarily tank player... I've seen many many people who try to play tanks that are terrible at initiation and/or covering their carries.

However on the whole from the community they do get little love, it is true. It's why I prefer to play with a group of people I know.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Finally got Karthus in a ranked game and got raged at because I used my ult to initiate instead of picking off people.

Man I need to start queuing with people >_<

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Well, as a primarily tank player... I've seen many many people who try to play tanks that are terrible at initiation and/or covering their carries.

However on the whole from the community they do get little love, it is true. It's why I prefer to play with a group of people I know.
<333333 you PX. Jarmander is never the same when it isn't you.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

Eh. Shifts in champions and in the overall metagame have been very kind to her. For example, before people didn't really care about her laning because you had ******s like Gragas and Malphite and Sion and MF/Old Pantheon/etc running around. Or sustained wise people like Irelia and Vlad being pricks. A LOT of characters that gave her trouble in lane have been nerfed quite a bit, items that made other people retardedly sustainable or tanky got nerfed (locket and HoG the culprits, Banshee to a smaller extend), etc. Roaming got popular, which favored throwing champs up top that were good at escaping/that could be safe.

Is she tier 1 quality? Idk. But it wouldn't be a stretch to see her look better after the wave of nerfs to other champs.

She's just really strong in the Euro style of play where they like to have two strong AP solos (as she's one of the strongest). She can pretty much permapush and never die, while providing significant pocket heals and steroids to the DPS of the team.

They've wanted to nerf her lane sustainability for a while now... it would just be amusing if this were to be what sent them over the edge, lol.
Yeah they haven't touched her laning, and I don't blame them when you had stuff like sion and Pantheon running around lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Disagree except potentially in the case of Alistar. Chogath has delay, Xin has the 3 hit requirement and it's single target while also not giving him a huge nuke, Malphite's is pretty fair since he has to use an ult for it, etc. Alistar would be an exception since his Knockup is AoE, nuke, instant, and also allows him to further reposition you to his desired location. Along with chaining headbutt to pulverize. Even for that exception... idk.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Disagree except potentially in the case of Alistar. Chogath has delay, Xin has the 3 hit requirement and it's single target while also not giving him a huge nuke, Malphite's is pretty fair since he has to use an ult for it, etc. Alistar would be an exception since his Knockup is AoE, nuke, instant, and also allows him to further reposition you to his desired location. Along with chaining headbutt to pulverize. Even for that exception... idk.
Knockup is a set duration (Can bug out and be longer) stun w/ supression. There are stun and silence skillshots and they have delays as well - Not sure why knockups should be different.

Name one character with a knockup who is not considered very good at the moment.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Finally got Karthus in a ranked game and got raged at because I used my ult to initiate instead of picking off people.

Man I need to start queuing with people >_<
But that is a reason to rage. If you're channelling your ult, then that means you aren't hitting people with Qs or your E. Why waste your alive time doing something you can do when you're dead?

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
cc makes the game fun. dont need more nerfs

also anyone want to be fun? I really need to work on as many laning matchups as possible and idk if any of u guys like that sorta thing.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

But that is a reason to rage. If you're channelling your ult, then that means you aren't hitting people with Qs or your E. Why waste your alive time doing something you can do when you're dead?
starting a fight against a team with 60-70% health is way better.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
or you can poke them to below 70% with Q before the teamfight and not waste any pre-death DPS by channeling. plus there's no risk of anything canceling it when you're dead.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I disagree. Why would a carry be putting themselves in range of the other team before the fight starts? By doing the ult before the initiate, I get more time to spam Q during the fight and while I'm dead.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
I disagree. Why would a carry be putting themselves in range of the other team before the fight starts? By doing the ult before the initiate, I get more time to spam Q during the fight and while I'm dead.
because you are the one champion that can fight after death

Top Bottom