• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Plus if you initiate with your ult people are more likely to back off from the fight b/c everyone is missing that big chunk of health, whereas they're more likely to commit should you save it.

One of the few ults that should be used pre-fight is Caitlyn's, just because it's pretty unrealistic that you'll get to use it to pick off people post-fight.

D

Deleted member

maybe if a team is pokable

what i see nowadays is people doing infinite poke wars against a soraka team

pointless

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Knockup is a set duration (Can bug out and be longer) stun w/ supression. There are stun and silence skillshots and they have delays as well - Not sure why knockups should be different.

Name one character with a knockup who is not considered very good at the moment.
But the question is whether having a knock up is the defining thing that makes the character good or not. I don't think having a knock up on Xin changes the character that much. Cho is still pretty good without knockup. Good laning/sustain, still has feast/still can CC with silence. If you also took the slow away from Q, now that would be gay. Jarvan still has a ******** kit without the knockup although removing or nerfing that would certainly impact him more than Xin. etc.

Alistar on the other hand... yeah. He would be the exception imo. I'm not entirely opposed to making knockup subjected to CC reduction, just think that it's not a necessary evil to "correct".

fkacyan

Smash Hero
But the question is whether having a knock up is the defining thing that makes the character good or not. I don't think having a knock up on Xin changes the character that much. Cho is still pretty good without knockup. Good laning/sustain, still has feast/still can CC with silence. If you also took the slow away from Q, now that would be gay. Jarvan still has a ******** kit without the knockup although removing or nerfing that would certainly impact him more than Xin. etc.

Alistar on the other hand... yeah. He would be the exception imo. I'm not entirely opposed to making knockup subjected to CC reduction, just think that it's not a necessary evil to "correct".
I'm fairly sure every character with a knockup sans Xin is fairly dependent on it for making their kits as good as they are.

If Janna's tornado wasn't a knockup, for example, I doubt she'd be nearly as used as she is.

The scary thing about knockups is that the amount of time you are knocked up is static, i.e. people like janna and cho dont necessarily have to rank it up for it to be effective.

Any CC that you don't have to rank to scale is pretty ********, actually.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Janna would still be great w/o the tornado knockup. She has a strong slow, a shield/steroid, and an ult that heals and resets fights, as well as a nice global passive.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Depends on whether or not they gave her something else on the tornado or not. If it was replaced with a stun or a silence, she'd still be top tier, haha.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm fairly sure every character with a knockup sans Xin is fairly dependent on it for making their kits as good as they are.

If Janna's tornado wasn't a knockup, for example, I doubt she'd be nearly as used as she is.

The scary thing about knockups is that the amount of time you are knocked up is static, i.e. people like janna and cho dont necessarily have to rank it up for it to be effective.

Any CC that you don't have to rank to scale is pretty ********, actually.
That would be a scaling issue, not necessarily a reduction issue. Either way, it's not an issue Riot should have to address with gusto. "Top Men" don't need to address that.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Depends on whether or not they gave her something else on the tornado or not. If it was replaced with a stun or a silence, she'd still be top tier, haha.
The idea is that I'm saying the tornado is now just a long range poke with more damage in compensation for the lack of knockup on it.

One of the things that makes using her W safe to poke with (The loss of movespeed huuuuuuuuuuuuuuurts) is that you can prep Q and keep them off you while you run away, dealing some extra pokage.

Idk, I don't think how powerful knockups are right now is terribly evident but it's definitely there. The only champion who doesnt get a ton from it is xin, but every other champion with a knockup is in T1 from solo queue, and in draft they're in top or high in t2.

john!

Smash Hero
only use karth ult before the fight if you are sure about being able to commit and kill most of them. otherwise it just scares them away. good times to do this are before a team tower dive, or if you are trying to stop their baron attempt.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Knockups all have lower duration of cc than stuns though. The tenacity effect is basically built in. And no knockups don't have suppression. That's the silliest thing I've ever heard.

What do you guys think about vayne?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Knockups all have lower duration of cc than stuns though. The tenacity effect is basically built in. And no knockups don't have suppression. That's the silliest thing I've ever heard.

OK, broski, let's see you cast or flash out of a knockup then.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
let's see you cast or flash out of a stun. That doesn't mean it's a suppression. You can ignite people while airborne.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
top tier carry, IMO. I've been wrecking with her. I stopped building attack speed and just started stacking damage earlier, and she's doing much better for me. Also, I learned to ult->tumble out of bushes so you get to set up your E to initiate stealthed. Makes ganking much more effective.

I've been going doran's blade -> boots -> doran's blade -> mercs -> Bf Sword and then both black cleaver and bloodthirster, choosing which one first depending on team comp. From there, I most often end up building a banshee's before IE, but not always.

I'm getting decent scores with her. I've still got a lot of room to improve with her, I think. I don't like dying that much, but I suppose when you're carrying and staying positive, it's ok.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I usually struggle with her early game and then once it gets late game and i can just right click kill someone I'm ok. I think I put myself into bad situations trying to get her stun off. I need to work on understanding when to do it. I read chaox's guide on solomid and he maxes condemn first. I understand why he does and it makes sense but I'm feeling like it's too situational to max first. I'd almost rather have the tumble cd. Also my biggest problem with her I think is not using my ult. Idk why but I just refuse to use it sometimes, I guess I think I'll need it later or something.

_Dice

Smash Ace
I think vayne is mid tier at best, shes definitely easily negated and p useless in team fights vs competant players.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I usually struggle with her early game and then once it gets late game and i can just right click kill someone I'm ok. I think I put myself into bad situations trying to get her stun off. I need to work on understanding when to do it. I read chaox's guide on solomid and he maxes condemn first. I understand why he does and it makes sense but I'm feeling like it's too situational to max first. I'd almost rather have the tumble cd. Also my biggest problem with her I think is not using my ult. Idk why but I just refuse to use it sometimes, I guess I think I'll need it later or something.
When I started maxing condemn first I noticed I started doing better getting kills when I wanted them. the tumble cooldown is low enough that it'll be up every time you want to pop in for some harass anyways. Her ult is amazing, too. Pretty low cooldown as well.

I think vayne is mid tier at best, shes definitely easily negated and p useless in team fights vs competant players.
Pretty useless doing ******** true damage to anyone? It's not like getting farmed and geared up with her is hard. She last hits like a boss. She's the perfect ad carry on bot lane. I get more fed on bot than I do in mid usually, since I'll get plenty of last hits and also get tons of free kills because of how much zone control she has even with her short auto attack range because of tumble. Bring flash and exhaust, and you can even ult, tumble, flash, condemn them back into your wall, and then exhaust and shred them while they try to figure out how you teleported so far invisibly. If your lane partner has a stun, then forget about exhaust. you won't even need it for that kill.

I can't imagine anyone seeing her as useless in team fights. I'm getting double and triple kills consatnly in team fights. She's kinda hard to focus if you have tumble up during your ult. You can just tumble out and wait a second before attacking again. Usually I shred someone squishie first, then tumble as I get hit and run away for like 2 seconds and they turn around and go back to the team fight. Then I get to pop back in and shred someone else. This time they don't have anything off cooldown to stop me.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
She's apparently good enough that she's going to be nerfed again soon, as well as Fiddle and GP getting buffed.

Nashun

Smash Ace
Karthus ults at the start of the fight once a good initiation occurs because you do more damage that way. It makes the most sense. Wasting it at the end of the fight just ensures that more of your team is going to die.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Of course she's getting nerfed, they completely missed what made her broken the first time around.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
DanGR - Elementz put Nidalee in Tier 1... get ready for some nerfs :p[/QUOTE]
derp

Not surprised. Europe probably has no clue how to play against her lolz. She's a dead pick if she's anything but last pick against certain teams imo.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
*headdesk*
does blitz's knockup make him OP? no.

obviously chars like xin and alistar r going to be OP because they r easy to play. Xin: q, right click, w, e, q, right click etc.
alistar: flash, q, w into team

blitz isnt OP because is only initiator is his grab, which is a skill shot. to quote Doublelift, "I remember when I asked Elementz why Blitzcrank was Tier 4, and he replied "because there's only one person who can play him Tier 1." ..... When I play Blitz, I'm constantly putting myself in a good position to hook.. Sometimes I'll pull tanks or tanky DPS off of teammates, and sometimes I'll pull carries into my team to get a free kill. Blitzcrank has an ability that will essentially kill someone, a permanent ghost, a 1.5 second CC on a 5 second CD, and an AoE silence/nuke. So why isn't he more popular than, for example, Alistar? It's because nearly anybody can play Alistar, and it takes a certain degree of finesse and mechanical skill to play Blitz. There's a bigger risk in taking Blitz. What if I miss a hook? It's certainly more likely than missing a Headbutt+Pulv combo. The problem with this mindset is that at a certain point, the probability of missing a reasonable hook becomes less than or equal to the probability of messing up a W->Q combo. Niche champions are hard to play, but the difficulty ends up paying off if you can utilize their abilities to the fullest."

article link: http://www.solomid.net/blog.php?v=8368

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion

It lasts one second, if that. It's lower than Fiddle's fear, Morg's Binding, or Sion's stun, and that's even after they have tenacity applied. I honestly don't even understand what your issue with knockups is.
ill admit, im annoyed with knock ups too, especially with the glitch that makes u fly up for what seems like eternity...

but stuns are WAAAAY worse.

EDIT: does any1 know what causes the bug or glitch that makes u fly way, way up from a knockup?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Well I hate being a technical tiffany, but if you have merc treads against Sions stun, it'd be less than a second. Merc treads reduce by 35%, the stun is 1.5 seconds long. 33% off would make it a second, 35% drops it right below.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Well I hate being a technical tiffany, but if you have merc treads against Sions stun, it'd be less than a second. Merc treads reduce by 35%, the stun is 1.5 seconds long. 33% off would make it a second, 35% drops it right below.
My bad, I forgot that they reduced his stun from 2 seconds to 1.5. In that case, replace him in my statement with Taric's stun at max distance.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Well, I've been reported for feeding.

In a lost game where my Nocturne was 1-12, the Jax was 4-12, and they yelled at me earlier for not joining Noc in a suicide attempt to stop Baron. So they got Baron a second time and I ghosted in, screaming "HEYAGGGGGGGGGH" into all-chat, but they already had it and killed me. This was promptly followed by statements of "report this *****."

Did I mention I only had 7 deaths at that point? Which is terrible really, until you compared it to my team.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
jarvan does everything amazing. im glad hes getting nerfed, though i never had too much of a problem with him. plz alistar nerf soon :( and i hate leblanc... she can ****ing harass u with all her **** and just tele back and u cant do anything.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
i hate to be picky patricia

but 33% off 1.5 seconds would be 1.005 seconds, not 1 second

jarvan does everything amazing. im glad hes getting nerfed, though i never had too much of a problem with him. plz alistar nerf soon :( and i hate leblanc... she can ****ing harass u with all her **** and just tele back and u cant do anything.
leblanc is like brand akali kass just dont feed them kills and watch them become weaker and weaker and weaker

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
Well, I've been reported for feeding.

In a lost game where my Nocturne was 1-12, the Jax was 4-12, and they yelled at me earlier for not joining Noc in a suicide attempt to stop Baron. So they got Baron a second time and I ghosted in, screaming "HEYAGGGGGGGGGH" into all-chat, but they already had it and killed me. This was promptly followed by statements of "report this *****."

Did I mention I only had 7 deaths at that point? Which is terrible really, until you compared it to my team.
ya i was just banned for some reason. probably getting 2 leaves in normal games cause of internet problems, and I get reported for this ROFL

Top Bottom