• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
the word snare is misused constantly.

A snare is a slow.
A ROOT is an immobilize.
A stun is an immobilize that also locks you from using abilities.
a slow is a slow.
a root is a part of a tree
a stun is a stun
a snare is an immobilize

every time i see the word "snare" it means a root (amumu ult, nevermove, dark binding, etc.). i don't think it means slow. anyone else use it that way?
except mummies ult is unique in that it's the only snare that also prevents auto attacks.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
It's not surprising. He's still a beast. I'm just hoping they don't overnerf him.
Don't worry. They will.

The root, snare, stun, slow terminology always confused me too. "Snare" literally means to trap something so it can't escape. DERP game devs.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Honestly the only thing Vlad needs to be fine is a mana pool in addition to the current health costs. This way he can still regen off everything, but it's not for an indefinite amount of time, which is what makes him the most stupid.

Apparently stealth is also getting some kind of fix.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
to actually answer your question slox...

the best ad carries are ashe/corki/caitlyn/vayne

the best ap carries are malz/karthus/vlad/annie

at least judging by who i see most often
How could you forget TF? He's perma-ban status right now. In addition, one of the newer champs, Jarvan IV, is commonly accepted as being an overlypowerful tank/tanky DPS.

Oh yea, and Eve is perma-ban as well.

Also, Anivia's also still extremely strong, she's just a rare bird these days. Haven't seen one in at least a month.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Honestly the only thing Vlad needs to be fine is a mana pool in addition to the current health costs. This way he can still regen off everything, but it's not for an indefinite amount of time, which is what makes him the most stupid.

Apparently stealth is also getting some kind of fix.
source?
is it for everyone or just twitch/eve?

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
giving vlad mana wont solve ****

so he goes back gets chalice revovler and boots

hey look same vlad

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That depends entirely on the mana costs given to him. Chalice isn't going to single-handedly solve all mana issues with how frequently he casts Transfusion and Tides of Blood if the costs are well balanced.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
how often does he need to cast tides of blood? how often does he need to transfusion creeps

give him mana and people will learn to last hit with autoattacks and not push their lane, and just **** u with his q.

theres no way u can balance his mana cost so that vlad is either broken our up at either low level or high level of play

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Great vlad is going to be literally non existent in the game now.

I forsee pantheon treatment

Vlad isnt even that good.
Do you know why Pantheon got that treatment? Because he deserved it lol. I mean, maybe not to THAT extent, but the guy was a prick anytime they herped around and made his HSS a high % of AD early levels. Oh you want to throw anyone with less than 600 HP Mid? Good ****ing luck winning that lane.

He was ********.

Vlad... is not that ******** early laning wise, but he's kinda the inverse of pantheon while laning: For Pantheon, it was "Play passive and survive til later levels, then you can handle him" vs Vlad "Play aggressive and prevent him from safely getting to higher levels, or he's gonna regen too much and you won't be able to get him out of lane." While Vlad is quite beatable at earlier levels, it requires you to play much riskier than you may want. Stepping in front of HIS minions to zone him out, pushing to his tower hard and poking him anytime he shows up for a last hit, etc. Beating Vlad in lane a lot of times requires you to be at least slightly over extended to harass him or prevent him from getting EXP/gold. Which opens you up to ganks.

If it was just 1 v 1 laning, Vlad vs X Champ with no other factors like junglers or roamers coming into play, Vlad would never be a problem in any game ever. OH you went Vlad? Ok, Corki go mid. GG. Oh you want to lane top? Urgot. Eat a ****. Etc. But with junglers and roamers present, he can mitigate his early level weakness through fear of something bad happening if you do not play passively. God forbid Vlad get Eve on his team, you can kiss a lot of that early advantage good bye unless you want to spend money early on pink wards that still do not prevent Eve from coming up there and semi denying you 2 v 1 or pressuring you away so Vlad can level safely.

Because of that, Vlad looks extremely gay. The 1 OBVIOUS weakness he has, the 1 thing anyone can agree on is the main thing you HAVE to exploit against Vlad... and he can cover it to varying degrees with the threat of ganks or roamers coming by if you over extend (or coming by anyways to ensure he levels safely). But to beat Vlad, you will probably HAVE to overextend at least a bit, and it's not uncommon for a point to be reached where the risk you have to take to beat him in lane is just too much, and it pains you to sit there and basically let him farm up because the alternative is potentially dying/being forced back anyways and dealing with either level disadvantage or gold disadvantage.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
haven't played in months.

who are the top ad carries and top ap carries people are complaining about nowadays?
Top AD carries imo:
Ashe - Most utility of all the ad carries, among the best kiting in the game if not the best, dat ult.

Corki - Still good utility, huge magic damage, huge physical damage, true damage, great escape.

Vayne - Don't let Vayne ever get even a tiny advantage at any point in the game. She will snowball with it. Huge huge huge single target dps and good escape.

Top AP carries imo:
Vlad - If he hits level 7-9 without any deaths or serious cs/xp denying then its already too late to stop him. He beats pretty much anyone in attrition once he gets his Revolver.

Annie - Monster early game. Monster mid game. Monster late game. She's just a monster. They recently buffed her late game and she scales so well now at every stage in the game.

Twisted Fate - Don't ever leave towers alone, don't ever be alone, and don't ever let him get close enough for a Gold Card.

john!

Smash Hero

How could you forget TF? He's perma-ban status right now. In addition, one of the newer champs, Jarvan IV, is commonly accepted as being an overlypowerful tank/tanky DPS.

Oh yea, and Eve is perma-ban as well.

Also, Anivia's also still extremely strong, she's just a rare bird these days. Haven't seen one in at least a month.
tf is an assassin in my opinion, not really a carry. he doesn't have carry-level damage output but has high mobility. just a matter of personal classification. same with eve. jarvan's a tank with too much damage lol, but not really a carry. anivia is really good, but i rarely see her and it might just be my personal bias thinking she's good, so i didn't list her =/

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
hooooooly ****

zilean is so fun to play

team ms - gp, nunu, zilean

freaking godlike

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I absolutely hate Zilean. His early game burst is just HUGE with his QWQ combo, and it makes it very easy to zone out the other lane because he can just chunk HP a few bars at a time. So now you are denying experience to the other lane, and you have a natural experience advantage from his passive and the Awareness talent. A team that plays to Zilean's global presence in the early game can just snowball out of control before laning even ends because you just get ahead in levels.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Man...I hate the elo I'm at now even more than when I was at the 900s. People pick crap like Heimerdinger and AD Sion, with no warning or discussion at all. They don't care about winning, and flat out say it. They troll and rage harder than anyone I've ever met in ranked before, even when they're doing terrible. It's all just so depressing when you play your role the best you can and it still ends up meaning nothing.

And another thing that frustrates me is the whole "fill in what your team needs" bull****. You want to know how Jiji got his second smurf to above 2200? By playing carries. Not junglers, not tanks, not supports, just carries and nothing but. If I could play a carry every game then I'd have no problem rising higher, but what can I do when I decide to be a nice guy and jungle for the team and then every single lane fails to hell and back...it's bull****, that's what I say. Carries are the only answer...

In case you couldn't tell, I'm really pissed off and depressed right now. Terrible picks, terrible playing, terrible builds...it's all just so god damn terrible...and there's no way to fix it. Sure there's the whole "you have less of a chance of having those on your team because you're on your team" but that doesn't mean anything. All it takes is one or two idiots, not four or five.

...just so god damn frustrating...

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you are the best player in the world, what % of your games do you think are winnable? 60%? 55%?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'd say they could probably sit around 75%. I also think I'm going to just wait til Season 2 starts (and has settled) before doing ranked again.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
@Snare/Root/Slow debate:

In WoW a snare is a slow, and a root is a root. It makes more sense to me that way.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
soft reset sounds terrible

i used to want soft reset til i saw some red post that you have your season 1 elo, and then u have season 2 elo.

they should really be separate. i mean if they're really committed to doing different seasons, soft reset makes little sense

Top Bottom