• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
thank you for insulting me and being an *** at the same time.
It's not as obvious as it seems, but provided you play safe, you outlevel the other team and the cs is more focused. At low levels most people won't focus on denying you and will instead focus on their own KDA and CS.

It's not an obvious fact and it depends on your entire team knowing it and playing smart the entire time. I wasn't trying to insult you, but thanks for taking personal offense, I guess?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
you cannot win a 4v5 unless your team (not just you) is much better than your opponents. or you're playing a hyper-carry.
At low level play "playing better' is often just staying near your turret and baiting greedy maneuvers.

D

Deleted member

u can gain enough of an advantage early on to win 4v5 but ur advantage diminishes quite a bit as time goes on

late game 4v5s are pretty much unwinnable unless they really **** it up

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Any team with high damage pokes can come out ahead by wearing down the other team first.

Man, Nidalee's spear is stupid.

EDIT: WW chasin me through jungle, I have 30 hp... spear backwards, catform, leap q, he dies before he can hit me.

I love Nidalee.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Dice, I still don't understand why you hate Vayne. She is easily the most powerful carry in the game right now.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
is Sword of the occult good on vayne?

because I was theory crafting and figured you could build an occult then Atkspd items then a BV for a lil survivability?

no?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'd rather get a Sheen and guarantee more damage up front to snowball the game easier.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If you want to use snowball items in solo queue:

1. Pick a mage.
2. Because you're super awesome and deserve to win, you'll farm like a boss and likely win your lane.
3. You'll get a super special awesome death cap by the 18 minute mark, hopefully less.
4. THEN YOU BUY A MEJAIS.

Occult is just not really worth it for most characters. Pure AD by itself is just not desirable to have taking up an item slot. If I have 20 stacks I get 15% bonus movement speed - that's pretty much the only time the item is worth it's slot.

Pantheon WAS/IS pretty much the only character in the game worth getting an occult on because he scales so well with just AD (as in the extra damage on spells for him are worth it - for most characters, AD is used for auto attacking and flat AD from occult doesn't help you as much as other items would)

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
You lose more ELO in a soft reset the higher you are.
uh yes?

there are 2k players that dont belong there
there are 1k players that dont belong there.

like okamura is the worst player in the world but hes 2k

i would be glad to start over at the same level as everyone, and get the same chance as all the higher level players

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)

In case you couldn't tell, I'm really pissed off and depressed right now. Terrible picks, terrible playing, terrible builds...it's all just so god damn terrible...and there's no way to fix it. Sure there's the whole "you have less of a chance of having those on your team because you're on your team" but that doesn't mean anything. All it takes is one or two idiots, not four or five.

...just so god damn frustrating...
Just duo Q with strong champs. No need for junglers really at low elo. I've been duoQ with Zoso going either Garen(Zoso) and I (Jarvan,Renekton,Taric) and just going bot lane.

We typically ALWAYS win our lane and we snowball quite a bit. I think another important issue is if you feel the need to jungle but your top is getting wrecked (especially if it's a 2v1 lane). I don't see why their isn't ANY reason to just duo lane, and go back to jungling when it's safer. I've never understood the "well I got smite just going to let top continue to get wrecked 2v1 cause must jungle with smite". Especially if the other lanes are difficult to gank.

I really like Jarvan and I hope he stays viable after the nerfs, maybe like reducing/removing his slow on shield (keep the E/Q skillshot) and lowering a ratio or 2 slightly will be enough to keep him in the top 1-2 tiers.

He's only incredibly strong atm due to his kit and philo stone combo. He'd still be strong without it, At this point though, I'm really surprised that they don't just make everything unique. Making it so that nothing is stackable. The only thing that really hurts that's truly viable from this that doesn't need nerfing is Doran item stacking.

Everything else (gp5 item, PD, warmog's, etc. stacking) are typically either really strong or pubstomp/troll builds.

Anyone else think Renekton is still really strong but just overshadowed a little bit by fresher stronger tanky champs? I've been playing him and I don't think he is that far from Jarvan/Irelia/Xin or any decent tanky dps champ, just forgotten.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Trying to level up my smurf to 30 in time for Season 2. Playing smurf games in the 15-25 range is helping me learn better how to subtly direct n00bs on my team towards victory, which will help with ranked once S2 comes around. I seriously don't see much difference between these games and a lot of players at 1400 elo, besides the occasional true-n00b that just feeds the whole game. For instance, I played at 1400 solo queue the other day and we had a guy on our team that didn't know why you run solo top instead of solo bottom. He was playing mummy and didn't understand that it was a bad idea to bandage toss at half health in both enemy champs and a full creep wave. I don't know how you win enough games to hit 1400 with that level of understanding.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Trying to level up my smurf to 30 in time for Season 2. Playing smurf games in the 15-25 range is helping me learn better how to subtly direct n00bs on my team towards victory, which will help with ranked once S2 comes around. I seriously don't see much difference between these games and a lot of players at 1400 elo, besides the occasional true-n00b that just feeds the whole game. For instance, I played at 1400 solo queue the other day and we had a guy on our team that didn't know why you run solo top instead of solo bottom. He was playing mummy and didn't understand that it was a bad idea to bandage toss at half health in both enemy champs and a full creep wave. I don't know how you win enough games to hit 1400 with that level of understanding.
Solo bot vs solo top isn't very evident at low elo when junglers tend not to call for dragon - or ward it early enough - during laning.

As for not killing yourself... Eh, get lucky enough against bad people when you've been fed a bit and it'll seem logical. It's entirely possible said amumu was carried to that elo.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
hard reset would make me a sad panda T_T. Last thing I wanna do is mingle with the unwashed masses again :p. besides, if season 1 has taught us anything, top 500 players would just duo queue with each other to preserve their status all over again.
That's another thing: Duo queuing should be removed.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
hard reset would make me a sad panda T_T. Last thing I wanna do is mingle with the unwashed masses again :p. besides, if season 1 has taught us anything, top 500 players would just duo queue with each other to preserve their status all over again.
It really depends on what they do as well. Do they hard reset redo the bonus games? Hard reset no bonus for people already ranked?

Same for soft reset. I really think the resets are merely to appease the people who cry about elo hell. Sure it may exist, but I feel that duoQ does help that problem.

I follow your build for Jarvan when I duoQ Mogwai. Do you have any recommendations for Renekton?

I typically build something like, boots+pots/cloth+pots -> spirit visage -> brutalizer/sheen -> CDR boots/Merc -> Ghostblade/Triforce -> then typically defensive items.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
it can soft reset as long as there are higher elo bonuses for first games played

then i can just go full ap morde or something and climb fast.

i mean i guess I just want to be able to climb quickly cause its a waste of time, so w/e

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well doesnt duo Q match you with either

1: 3 solo Q's
2. 1 solo Q and another Duo Q

because I can't really see the big advantage if the other team is made in the same image as your team with a mix of solo and Duo Qs

then I again I don't know much about balance in any game but I was just throwing my thought out there.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
It's a pretty clear advantage in a system that is supposed to be matching people who are by themselves.
That being said, as long as they make sure to matchup duoqs with duoqs, I feel the endless grind of soloQ is much funner overall when you can share your pain/gain with a friend.

Removal of duoQ may possibly make ranked 5s more enticing though.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
well doesnt duo Q match you with either

1: 3 solo Q's
2. 1 solo Q and another Duo Q

because I can't really see the big advantage if the other team is made in the same image as your team with a mix of solo and Duo Qs

then I again I don't know much about balance in any game but I was just throwing my thought out there.
If the map size was 4v4 and both teams were solely comprised of duos, sure, but with a 5v5 format you're always going to leave somebody out. And, given my personal experience, people with their own methods off communication tend to communicate less in chat to their team, which makes life for the fifth pretty difficult at times.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The best players are going to get to the top of the ladder.

There's a hugely similar skill level area around the 1400-1800 elo range. The people above that generally deserve to be there.

If you're above 1400? Congratulations, you're in with some of the best players in the game! The only difference is that below 1600 you're a lot more likely to be with people who got lucky because they started at a way higher elo than they should have and haven't had the chance to adjust yet! (Or players who should prob be like 1600+ but dc every other game causing them to be liek terribad low)

tl;dr people qq about elo too much. I'm the one who should be qqing, at least 5x more often than anyone else here combined. Deal with it.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Oh yea...that is quite the problem because everytime I Que up with my friends on skype and we have like 4 people the random that gets queued in with us kinda gets ignored

like i will say "top mia" but won't actually type it so then hes like "dude no mia?" and I'm like "I calle--..oh...my b"

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Blah, I just posted a huge post about how an ELO reset is ********, and my browser ate it.

I hate the idea of an ELO reset. The idea that good players can pull themselves out is only true in the long run. When you reset the long run, you just increase the likelihood that people will be playing in games with huge skill variation, which is not fun for anyone.

People want competition.
People don't like being the worst player on their team.
People don't even always like being the BEST player on their team.

I'd rather be 6-4-12 every game and be paired with people at my level than be 17-3-10 and still lose because of bad kids, or be 17-3-10 and win because the entire other team was feeding and 2 guys quit.

I want competition.

The other post was like 3x longer and more in depth but I'm not typing it all out again.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
While *****ing about elo can be a bit tiresome.

Gloating about elo is fair game

Winning with Ezreal is like, the best thing that could ever happen to me in this game.
(I don't think I've had a winstreak with the guy that good since he still had his 1.2 AD ratio)

Top Bottom