• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
i hate to be picky patricia

but 33% off 1.5 seconds would be 1.005 seconds, not 1 second

leblanc is like brand akali kass just dont feed them kills and watch them become weaker and weaker and weaker
it's usually not me feeding that's the problem haha. but still, it sucks that u got banned for internet problems and leavers all the time keep playing and feeding and leaving and dont get banned

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
i dont really care anymore after my massive elo drop

the kids i play with now (1400) think mundo is a tank

so i just level my alt and have fun, wait to season 2 to shoot up ladder real fast

Turazrok

Smash Master
Hey man **** you it's 2 in the morning and I usually never read anyone's posts anyways..

DEUCES

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Such a lulzy Trynd game just now.

10 minutes in I go to farm up bot lane when I see a big wave.
The rest of my team is pushing up top, and I notice four of the other team there with them stopping their push. So I start to push to their bot tower hard because at worse I will be 1v1 either getting a kill or easily getting away. Their Vayne comes out from the jungle to stop my push and proceeds to push back to my tower before backing off. I push back to her tower and back off. She pushes to my tower and backs off. So on and so forth for the next 25ish minutes. Nobody on either team came bot lane the whole time, so it was just the two of us free farming and passing harassment between each other. She had a Doran's Blade and an Emblem of Valor keeping her healthy and I had my Bloodlust keeping me close to full. We would never get too aggressive because there were always mias on both teams.

My team gets two towers and three dragons in this time, and her team gets a dragon (and they the first dragon to spawn before this all started) and two towers. I have two Avarice Blades constantly giving me gold as well. Eventually I ping ask for somebody to come and let me finally buy because I have over 7k.
I buy my Infinity Edge, Bloodthirster, finish my boots (Berserkers) and get another Brawler's Glove.
I run to the jungle/between lanes to farm my Bloodthirster and buy a Zeal with that gold before we actually finally get into 5v5 fights.
So by the time I finally do something in this game besides free farm I have ~85% crit chance at full health between my passive, items, runes, and masteries. I also have ~340 AD at max Bloodlust stacks, and ~300% crit damage at max Bloodlust stacks.

It was hilarious because the other team willingly allowed me to reach hyper carry mode by doing nothing to stop my free farm.
Ended the game 10/1/5 after being 0/0/0 for the first 35 minutes.

N64

Smash Champion
Mostly it just feels odd to me that tenacity reduces everything except knockups and suppression. And you can't QSS or cleanse out of knockups or suppression. The whole point of adding suppression was so certain ults weren't completely countered by one item/summonerspell/non-ult-skill. But knockups which are added on to non-ult-skills also get this uncleansable treatment? They may only last a second, yes, but if you have 3 people chasing you and cho places a good rupture you can't avoid, that second is as much time as they're going to need to catch you. With a cleanse or QSS and decent timing you could get away from everything else, but not knockup.

why does knockup recieve special treatment over stun, snare, blind, slow, immobilize, taunt, and fear?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
IE on Tryn is a no brainer. A champ that gets free crits, and you don't want to even further boost that damage? Turns a 200 AD, normal 400 crit into 500 clobberin damage. Then, with blood lust stacks, you're gonna have an even higher normal crit amount that leads to even further IE scaling.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Mostly it just feels odd to me that tenacity reduces everything except knockups and suppression. And you can't QSS or cleanse out of knockups or suppression. The whole point of adding suppression was so certain ults weren't completely countered by one item/summonerspell/non-ult-skill. But knockups which are added on to non-ult-skills also get this uncleansable treatment? They may only last a second, yes, but if you have 3 people chasing you and cho places a good rupture you can't avoid, that second is as much time as they're going to need to catch you. With a cleanse or QSS and decent timing you could get away from everything else, but not knockup.

why does knockup recieve special treatment over stun, snare, blind, slow, immobilize, taunt, and fear?
Iokno. Just cause it was made that way? *shrug*

Silence used to be the same way until recently. That's a situation in which I can understand the change, as silences can drag on for several seconds, but I don't see much of a problem with knockups as they stand. If they were reduced by tenacity then they'd all become about the duration of Udyr's bear stance, which isn't very long at all.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Played Akali for the first time again today for a while. First game was a decisive loss. My team had no jungler, I had to lane against Malz, and he just got to free push all day long, zone me out, and force me back to base constantly. Bot lane fed, game was over.

Second game though...I did everything right that I should have (except maybe higher cs) but I realized how little it means in the end because of the way Akali works. She doesn't have cc and she can't fight until the fights halfway done, and when your team constantly overextends and hasn't even heard of the phrase "team fight positioning," you end up useless and can't do a thing about it. With good teammates I could have done so well...but it was all ruined in the end because of four terrible players. Makes me sad because she's so much fun...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Rumble only looks OP if you assume he lands his spells perfectly. Full duration of Q on multiple members of their team, full duration of ult too.

I wanna see someone come up with an AS Rumble build. Hitting someone while overheated is already a powerful combination of mixed damage. Something like rage blade sounds like it would fit him well although IDK where you would fit it seeing that you probably want to get Rylai's quick along with maybe Revolver.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Rumble only looks OP if you assume he lands his spells perfectly. Full duration of Q on multiple members of their team, full duration of ult too.

I wanna see someone come up with an AS Rumble build. Hitting someone while overheated is already a powerful combination of mixed damage. Something like rage blade sounds like it would fit him well although IDK where you would fit it seeing that you probably want to get Rylai's quick along with maybe Revolver.
DAT STACKING SLOW, MAN. DAT SLOW :glare:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean sure stacking slow, but thank GOD he can't stun anybody. If his second harpoon hit stunned after the first one hit, THEN you'd have some BS to deal with.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I mean sure stacking slow, but thank GOD he can't stun anybody. If his second harpoon hit stunned after the first one hit, THEN you'd have some BS to deal with.
**** that would be hell... he's already bulky as ****, so glad he doesnt have a stun. ive seen a fed rumble, won a 1v4 with his flamethrower LOL

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Akali is the most fun champ in the game for me.
*Fist bump*

Just hope I never queue against you. I go after other Akali's like a rabid dog. I will leave bot lane and roam all the way top just to get a kill on another Akali.

Also, Jarvan nerfs incoming. :[ Just as I was getting the hang of him.
-DD

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
well twisted fate has a "stun" but victims can still use abilities? alistar's "stun" really stuns them...

EDIT: "Gold Card deals 15/22.5/30/37.5/45 (0.4 + ) magic damage and stuns for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds.":mad:

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
the word snare is misused constantly.

A snare is a slow.
A ROOT is an immobilize.
A stun is an immobilize that also locks you from using abilities.

Top Bottom