• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

jpak

Smash Lord
so if you are playing a tourney game you ban according to the standard rammus/panth/eve/sivir? or do you ban according to the expected team? we're not talking about solo queue here. eve/panth strong in solo, weak in arranged

and it all starts with one person playing it well for exmaple manyreason's team in the newegg tournament with sivir. next will be irelia probably. you can alistar is OP wiht reep but thats not true as alistar has weak points in his game

and you guys are focusing on karthus irelia, while there are a lot of poeple that can play anivia janna rammus shen sivir zilean

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Now that the better players have had some time with the new items. What do you guys recommend for Kennen sets?

It would be nice to have a foundation for AP and AD Kennen. I almost always go AP, but in the case where my team is heavy AP it would be nice to have an idea of an alternate build if I want to simply practice Kennen.

I'd also love it if you guys gave me an idea of a glyph set I should be working towards once I hit 20.

Thanks in advance!

jpak

Smash Lord
who feels like playing later today?

and in a tourney game, you would ban whatever champions you can't get for your own team wouldn't you?
there would be so many champions that i cant get on my own team.. and it depends on the other team for example clg runes taric/janna almost everygame they can so i would either ban or take one of those. or if im facing scarlet i will ban karthus.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
and Attack damage only applies to your basic attack (just trying to get all the logistics down)

I been thinking about running hextech gunblade on Katarina a little more since it boost AP and AD and give her an extra attack.

thoughts?

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Some abilities scale on AD. Just check their tooltips.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
so if you are playing a tourney game you ban according to the standard rammus/panth/eve/sivir? or do you ban according to the expected team? we're not talking about solo queue here. eve/panth strong in solo, weak in arranged

and it all starts with one person playing it well for exmaple manyreason's team in the newegg tournament with sivir. next will be irelia probably. you can alistar is OP wiht reep but thats not true as alistar has weak points in his game

and you guys are focusing on karthus irelia, while there are a lot of poeple that can play anivia janna rammus shen sivir zilean
Tourney Game, you ban according to the other players. We banned Shaco vs. CLG in Wanfest because we knew we had no chance vs. Regi's Shaco. Who cares? What does this have to do with queues and needing more bans? If you wanna see opposing names so that you can base picks accordingly, I dunno, I can at least somewhat agree with that, but adding more bans is not an appropriate solution. I like Pantheon, I wanna be able to play him. Adding more bans to prevent more people from being able to play the characters they want to play is just not desirable. And honestly, if you're at the point of complaining that Irelia is OP, I think you need to start looking at what makes something OVERpowered, rather than just powerful. Just look at your list... they get an OP character? you can just pick 2 when it's your turn. How is that overpowered?

Now that the better players have had some time with the new items. What do you guys recommend for Kennen sets?

It would be nice to have a foundation for AP and AD Kennen. I almost always go AP, but in the case where my team is heavy AP it would be nice to have an idea of an alternate build if I want to simply practice Kennen.

I'd also love it if you guys gave me an idea of a glyph set I should be working towards once I hit 20.

Thanks in advance!
AP build now is:
d-shield
sorc shoes
Rylai's
Deathcap
Zhonya's or Abyssal Scepter depending on what type of damage you need to prevent, with Zhonya's typically being better
Void Staff if and when you need it.

AD build is trickier now. You used to just do the old standard ranged DPS build of IE + LW, but now.... well, you need a new way to buff your Attack Speed. What I would do is:
d-blade
zerker greaves
IE
recurve bow
LW
Madred's Bloodrazor
Guardian Angel

but that's just a theorycrafted build, it's completely untested since I haven't played AD Kennen since the LW change. The hardest thing about AD Kennen is that you get really used to using your ult as something you run into the opposing team with as AP Kennen and with AD Kennen it's more of a way to buy breathing room when tanks actually get on your ***. You never wanna run in there the same way AP Kennen does with AD Kennen and that's surprisingly hard.

jpak

Smash Lord
oh well theres no point in discusisng this we play differently. im more arranged 5s ure both more solo, pantheon isnt banned in arranged at 16+

and you have yet to play a good irelia in an orgnized game then too

jpak

Smash Lord
What makes Irelia better than Xin? Educate me. I've seen some 1900 guy play irelia (can't remember which one) and it was pretty good, but I didn't see her as imba at all.
more cc, mor esurvivability, take solo lane very well and can stay in lane for a long. xin is shut donw by cc pretty easily while irelia has cc reduction, xin is more single target while irelia shines in team fights. she has a lot more range and lower cds

xin is based on autoatacks, blinds, thornamils hurt him a lot, wha do you do to stop irelia?
you say panth sion are op but all can be stopped are not OP and should not be banned.
panth - people stop playing low hp crries or starting with doran's blade/low armor and youll be fine as its his early laning that is strong
sion - gragas

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
wtf? Xin has an ability that essentially says, "chop the entire enemy team's health by 20-40%", how is Irelia better in teamfights? I dunno, I just don't see it. Free merc treads is nice and all, but I still don't see how she's noticeably better than Xin.

Cia

das kwl
I just read that thread about how there's a 100% chance they are nerfing jungle eve and it made me sick to my ****ing stomach. This is a character that was promised another buff because her late game was just that awful, and now the whole community is *****ing because some ******* thought to use REVIVE?!?!

it really is no trouble at all for someone with boots or elixir lead to green ward her red buff the second you hear "executed." the fact that they're targeting Eve when there are other super easy mode characters out there is ****ing ******** and LoL community just might be scrubbiest group I've ever seen.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
I just read that thread about how there's a 100% chance they are nerfing jungle eve and it made me sick to my ****ing stomach. This is a character that was promised another buff because her late game was just that awful, and now the whole community is *****ing because some ******* thought to use REVIVE?!?!

it really is no trouble at all for someone with boots or elixir lead to green ward her red buff the second you hear "executed." the fact that they're targeting Eve when there are other super easy mode characters out there is ****ing ******** and LoL community just might be scrubbiest group I've ever seen.
its only temporary till they find a solution for stealth

Dekar173

Justice Man
Irelia is the only character I've ever seen that was able to 5v1 for a few seconds before her team showed up, without being "fed" and only CSing in order to maintain their gold.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer

It really has nothing to do with Revive and everything to do with:
A) a long duration stealther being able to jungle and thus always be mia and thus forcing you to always be paranoid that they're right behind you.
B) realizing that AD scales unbelievably well with her ult.

meh, the community is stupid, but I don't think Riot is nerfing jungle eve because of revive.

jpak

Smash Lord
Irelia is the only character I've ever seen that was able to 5v1 for a few seconds before her team showed up, without being "fed" and only CSing in order to maintain their gold.
yessss

and xin is has ot be in the middle of everything to deal that 20%, and hes dead right after

Cia

das kwl
It really has nothing to do with Revive and everything to do with:
A) a long duration stealther being able to jungle and thus always be mia and thus forcing you to always be paranoid that they're right behind you.
B) realizing that AD scales unbelievably well with her ult.

meh, the community is stupid, but I don't think Riot is nerfing jungle eve because of revive.
her jungling was never a problem to ppl before. But with revive letting her take double buffs before lv3, ppl are panicking. (even tho it's hilariously easy to counter and pretty much a guaranteed first blood) The real issue is no one likes getting ganked and Eve hapens to do it very well.. ****ing whiners.

Dekar - how's eve on TT?

And is it me, or is CDR boots amazing on Kennen + Annie.

I had blue buff + boots on Annie and 11 seconds after bear died, I summoned him again.. lol

Frolossus

Smash Lord
so how do i build irelia to kill stuff like that?

also on the subject of cdr boots
they are amazing on anivia
with them + blue it lowers your frostbite cd enough to go REQE with ease

Dekar173

Justice Man
I'm not sure what the Irelia had early on, but it was pure tank items, and yet she still managed to actually deal damage. It was one of the most irritating things ever.

Dekar173

Justice Man
The whole metagame has changed and people have finally found efficient builds, is the thing :p

As for Eve on TT she's rarely chosen but top players can **** with her, and it's stupid because of her invis crap absolutely forcing other teams to adapt through use of invis seeing items, which are the exact opposite of cheap.

Dust of appearance get!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Still think Dust should be in LoL if you're going to run stealth heroes.

Having only one static option and one more expensive and none to permanent option is meh.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
The whole metagame has changed and people have finally found efficient builds, is the thing :p

As for Eve on TT she's rarely chosen but top players can **** with her, and it's stupid because of her invis crap absolutely forcing other teams to adapt through use of invis seeing items, which are the exact opposite of cheap.

Dust of appearance get!
I've heard that she can't be very effective until she gets a Triforce, compared to other champs (Xin, for example) that can start hurting sooner. Would you agree with this?

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Chat servers down? I logged in but I see 0 friends online and can't access the swf chat. :/

Top Bottom