• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dekar173

Justice Man
I've heard that she can't be very effective until she gets a Triforce, compared to other champs (Xin, for example) that can start hurting sooner. Would you agree with this?
Xin alone can hurt, yes, but the beauty behind Eve is that she's ganking you due to the fact that you may unknowingly fall into a poor position, and she will always be the one initiating on you, thus gaining the upper hand (of course unless if you bought invis seeing items!)

Also, if played properly (AKA, ganking when an opponent falls out of position and maintaining buff control) Eve is very effective, even early game.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Remember when she was the "worst character in the game"?

I remember I used to think a lot of champs were extremely lackluster until I saw them played well.

Only a few I still have yet to see played really effectively. Nasus, Urgot, maybe Cho. And maybe another couple I'm not thinking of at the moment.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Xin alone can hurt, yes, but the beauty behind Eve is that she's ganking you due to the fact that you may unknowingly fall into a poor position, and she will always be the one initiating on you, thus gaining the upper hand (of course unless if you bought invis seeing items!)

Also, if played properly (AKA, ganking when an opponent falls out of position and maintaining buff control) Eve is very effective, even early game.
Lulz, I know how good Eve is; I was referring to Irelia :)

Dekar173

Justice Man
Most effective Irelia I've ever seen solo'd top, didn't miss a single last hit (she was 1-2 behind me all game, and I was mid so the lane was faster) and ONLY built tank items.

@Brettster- she WAS the worst character in the game, until they gave her a bunch of buffs in the form of stat tweaks.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Most effective Irelia I've ever seen solo'd top, didn't miss a single last hit (she was 1-2 behind me all game, and I was mid so the lane was faster) and ONLY built tank items.

@Brettster- she WAS the worst character in the game, until they gave her a bunch of buffs in the form of stat tweaks.
Not to mention ward nerfs made it so much harder to deal with her.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Zac you should totally main Amumu. Better than Amumus at my current ELO by far :p

Also, sorry for screwing around so hard first game guys. Semi-tryharded the second to make up for it <3

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Zac you should totally main Amumu. Better than Amumus at my current ELO by far :p

Also, sorry for screwing around so hard first game guys. Semi-tryharded the second to make up for it <3
I've played him a total of like, 6 times. He's easy to play imo. All you do is aim where they gonna go and wham, free kill. Plus their eve was really bad lol

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1

SamuraiFeeder was too good with Blitz. haha.

We do need to finish our conversation about side-lane Taric. The reason I still build RoA on him is that it gives him the real stats he needs, even if he's getting them a little later than a solo. I can still usually have it by the 25 min mark with a couple assists, whereas I can have one before 20 minutes in a solo. So its a few minutes behind but not so far behind that I can't justify getting one. If my jungler is ganking well and we get some early dragons, I can often get two with a solo lane or one in a duo and then I'm set. My ult can run forever and I've got a ton of health.

Also, building a RoA eliminates the consideration of taking Clarity and instead I can bring CV for map awareness, TP for pushing lanes or Flash for more survivability/chasing power. Without it, I have to consider the clarity option if the enemy team is going to have a lot of harass and I'll need to be healing a lot to keep my lane partner in the fray.

Side lane Taric really relies on assists and an early HoG for his gold. I can get a Chalice for MR/Mana but that leaves me figuring out proper AP items after that. Otherwise I can skip the AP items and go for a aura-tank (Aegis/Shroud/Frozen Heart/Abyssal) but then my heal is pretty weaksauce compared to what it could be. I've also sometimes run Nashor's Tooth and Archangel Staff for mana/AP/CDR but I'm a little under-bulky at that point and really have to stay in the back and focus on healing. It makes it much harder for me to be pushing towers with the team like I was last night. So I only run that if there are already multiple bulky champs and they just need Taric to play heal-bot.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Hmmm. Lolbase.net didn't help me at all. Of my 377 games played, it will only show me 11 of them. But now I at least know for sure that there IS a normal ELO. Just hardly seems like it sometimes. Reason I was wondering is that I was on a losing streak not long ago playing against actual competition, and now I feel like my Vlad's on fire... but it's because I haven't been playing against good people.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
so my cousin is having a hard time picking/playing a champ he likes.

his exact words "find me someone who can kill fast, has high hp and defense and is ranged." im like thats the best char if there was 1...

i had him try vlad, cuz he cant be killed easily if played right and harasses well. still, he says "too hard"

any1 got any good suggestions?

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
If he thinks Vlad is hard to play then you should just tell him to find another game to play. Vlad is the closest thing to what he's asking for: a tank-mage. Essentially he's asking for everything. Give me range so I can hit them but they can't hit me. But make me bulky so when I get attacked I can just ignore it. He wants easy mode. *shrug*

Closest other options:

Cho'Gath - his abilities are ranged and once he farms up he's a real pain to kill. Also has feast for burst damage.
Mundo - Bulky, can get kills, has cleavers for ranged harass
Gragas - good burst with an AP build, naturally bulky, ranged barrel/cask tosses

But really he just sounds like he's going to be bad with everyone.

Edit: btw, good games tonight @Zac &crew. Once we played ranked and didn't have to deal with Eves and silly team comps we did very well. I get bored playing Shen all the time in ranked, but I do like winning so I can handle it. That last one was intense. It was razor's edge close for a while there. Very fun.

jpak

Smash Lord
zil is the best support atm i think.
gotta find the perfect time to ult, not just before they die. gotta be in the middle where the other team second guesses whether to keep targeting

anyone think its someone else?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
zil is the best support atm i think.
gotta find the perfect time to ult, not just before they die. gotta be in the middle where the other team second guesses whether to keep targeting

anyone think its someone else?
Janna's still very strong for her utility, though I only play normals til I get a couple more champs so I don't see her very often. Zil is very strong though; his speed/slow spell can be a major scale tipper in fights and his ult is extremely cash, when he's on a team that is half decent; otherwise, the person he ults will just wake up to a 1v3 or whatever

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
If he thinks Vlad is hard to play then you should just tell him to find another game to play. Vlad is the closest thing to what he's asking for: a tank-mage. Essentially he's asking for everything. Give me range so I can hit them but they can't hit me. But make me bulky so when I get attacked I can just ignore it. He wants easy mode. *shrug*

Closest other options:

Cho'Gath - his abilities are ranged and once he farms up he's a real pain to kill. Also has feast for burst damage.
Mundo - Bulky, can get kills, has cleavers for ranged harass
Gragas - good burst with an AP build, naturally bulky, ranged barrel/cask tosses

But really he just sounds like he's going to be bad with everyone.

Edit: btw, good games tonight @Zac &crew. Once we played ranked and didn't have to deal with Eves and silly team comps we did very well. I get bored playing Shen all the time in ranked, but I do like winning so I can handle it. That last one was intense. It was razor's edge close for a while there. Very fun.

i know he wants easy mode. i dunno, i cant help him anymore. he likes Kennen for some reason.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
kennen isnt that easy :\
You're telling me >.> I've tried twice to learn him and kinda gave up for the time being out of frustration. I don't understand how on Earth all the Kennens I go up against harass so well in lane, or, even more importantly, keep from dying when they ult in team fights >.>

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
At first I was excited, I thought Vocal was posting. Then it turned out to be some sort of doppleganger, and now I'm disappointed.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Either Kennen harass is easy or I'm a genius.

Or solo queuers suck.

Skilshot.

W W W W W W W W W

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
At first I was excited, I thought Vocal was posting. Then it turned out to be some sort of doppleganger, and now I'm disappointed.
Oh you were around to know the guy who had my name first, eh? I added the hyphens because "Vocal" alone was already taken and the name really suits me (I sing :))

Limeee

Smash Champion
why would i play nidalee and use a skillshot to deal damage, when i could pick vlad and do that same damage with 2 sec cooldown and target instead of skillshot
:(

:009:

Top Bottom