• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Lol Mogwai.

Kass saw WW coming just barely.

Reg: HI
Reg: BRO
Mogwai: hai

You didn't kill him =(
we still rapestroyed them.

EDIT: the funniest part of that game was KoulDream *****ing about my KSing. The first was just when Q came off CD, the 2nd was because I hadn't scored a hit on the kill yet and wanted to get in on the kill gold, and the 3rd was 100% to piss him off once he was already complaining about it, :laugh:.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Soooo.... Yesterday I was about to log off LoL when freaking Needle of Juntahh messages me and tells me he's playing with DSF. I found that f'ing hilarious.

There are tons of people with panda in their name in LoL, which makes me sad (and makes me wonder how I got my name easily). But my hat's off to you Ook, thats the creepiest coincidence I've seen yet.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Oh look, Joel is playing and suddenly Iggy is interested. :mad088:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
HotshotGG got less than 1 cs per minion kill...

WTF??!?!?
I assume you meant per minute and that's cause his inet was failing and he was DCing and reconnecting all game.

That's also why he had 2 spare blasting wands. It wouldn't let him build RoA until he saved up enough to build it straight from a catalyst because of item display issues.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy

I built the weirdest (but most effective) annied I have ever built yestrday

I totally bypassed deathcap to get Hextech gunblade +void staff. also had sorcerers shoes + (insert item that increase my attack speed, more mana regen + more mana)

so basically had like 1000 attacks

which lead to this combo numerous times.

Tibbers drop on 4th (to give me stun on 5th) -> Fireball (Stun=free tibbers hit) -> Flamethrower -> hextech gunblade shot (slows + another tibbers hit basically) and if they didn't die by that time I got a hella strong basic attack now and I STILL have ignite ready to go.

Annie SO GOOD!.

+spellvamp AND lifesteal was awesome
^this is what happens when I stop going all recommended...lol

jpak

Smash Lord
riot should put a few more bans into league of legends may be 3 or 4 for each team, especially with the increasing number of champions, and the various broken champs

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Ok I have to ask what CS means... I know what it's related to, just not the exact acronym.

I think it means creeps...

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Creep Score. It's just a tally of how many minions and monsters you last-hit over the course of the game. Good players will wait until a minion is low enough to kill before attacking so they can control the equilibrium of the lane (are we pushing to their tower or pulling their creeps back towards our tower?) and maximize their gold income.

So for Hotshot to have a low CS means he was having some serious problems.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
^this is what happens when I stop going all recommended...lol
Your build is no good, but whatever works for you I guess.

Annie should go D-Ring -> Sorc Shoes -> Haunting Guise -> Deathcap -> Void Staff IMO. She's an early game caster so you need to focus on flat penetration to be as strong as you can be during the early-mid game. I used to run a catalyst -> RoA opening on her, but I think that build was missing the point of Annie.

riot should put a few more bans into league of legends may be 3 or 4 for each team, especially with the increasing number of champions, and the various broken champs
Riot hasn't made a banworthy champ since Miss Fortune.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I already know that build is horrible its just funny...I got like 6 attacks now and a stronger basic attack

which she really doesnt need but its still funny to see people die by it (plus the fact it has crucial range)

I'm going to try your build this weekend though.

jpak

Smash Lord
they dont have to make one for it to be strong.
anivia irelia janna karthus rammus shen sivir zilean are all very very strong

Frolossus

Smash Lord
they dont have to make one for it to be strong.
anivia irelia janna karthus rammus shen sivir zilean are all very very strong
clearly strong and imba are the same thing
and also you didn't mention mummy
EDIT: besides rammus i haven't seen a single one of those champs banned in a ranked game since anivia free week

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Your build is no good, but whatever works for you I guess.

Annie should go D-Ring -> Sorc Shoes -> Haunting Guise -> Deathcap -> Void Staff IMO. She's an early game caster so you need to focus on flat penetration to be as strong as you can be during the early-mid game. I used to run a catalyst -> RoA opening on her, but I think that build was missing the point of Annie.
Would you argue the same for Malzahar?

I generally back when i have enough for tear of goddess + boots + ward. By that time blue buff is back up, i take it, then take my lane. Blue makes it really easy to take a lane. I then build Deathcap followed by boots 2/defensive item/archangles.

Getting cdr boots allow my ult to sit on a 48sec recharge timer which is pretty cool. But I'm not sure how good those are compared to magic pen boots.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Would you argue the same for Malzahar?

I generally back when i have enough for tear of goddess + boots + ward. By that time blue buff is back up, i take it, then take my lane. Blue makes it really easy to take a lane. I then build Deathcap followed by boots 2/defensive item/archangles.

Getting cdr boots allow my ult to sit on a 48sec recharge timer which is pretty cool. But I'm not sure how good those are compared to magic pen boots.
Malzahar's damage scaling is actually completely bonkers so doing a more late-game oriented build is good IMO. I would do my standard late game caster build of Tear + Catalyst -> Deathcap -> RoA -> Void Staff + Archangel's as the starting point (It's my build on Kass and Anivia). And yea, I either do CDR or Merc Treads with this build since I'm not trying to exploit the opponents at low MRes.

jpak

Smash Lord
clearly strong and imba are the same thing
and also you didn't mention mummy
EDIT: besides rammus i haven't seen a single one of those champs banned in a ranked game since anivia free week
well you dont have to see them banned for them to be overpowered, after playing master of lol's team and atlanta's team, you will see them banned or picked.
play against atlanta or sologamer's irelia in arranged 5s and you will see she is op.
same with scarletdoom, a lilac, and sydtko for karthus
id also put blitz in the list but not sure yet

and amumu can be counter jungled easily

Frolossus

Smash Lord
well you dont have to see them banned for them to be overpowered, after playing master of lol's team and atlanta's team, you will see them banned or picked.
play against atlanta or sologamer's irelia in arranged 5s and you will see she is op.
same with scarletdoom and sydtko for karthus
sure, i can beat my opponents if i had enough bans to ban all of their mains too
just cause someone is good with a champ doesn't make them op

jpak

Smash Lord
sure, i can beat my opponents if i had enough bans to ban all of their mains too
just cause someone is good with a champ doesn't make them op
they all have very good other champions. for atlanta he doesnt even main irelia he picked her up may be a few days ago, scarletodom plays a great sion. sytdko plenty of other champions.
and sure it does make the champ OP, when you're playing them with their respective champions you are playing against an opponent that is basically playing the champion to its full capacity. if i tried amumu in your case who you say is op, and i suck with it does that mean hes terrible? no not at all

Top Bottom