• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
@ Kira- - Also Tiger is amazing against Riven b/c she can't keep up with his burst and can't shield to negate the majority of its heavy damage (unlike Phoenix which does bits of DoT). The faster you kill her the less time she has to do her own shenanigans.

Also Tiger Udyr is much stronger at ganking and skirmishing (this is my opinion) than Phoenix, and considering your opponent was a Xin Zhao, who can't exactly mega clear camps, I think it would have been a stronger choice for that game.

But if you were Tiger Udyr for example, I never would have been able to squeeze out that kill on Mogwai before dying when you successfully ganked me top, and I probably would have gotten owned in river before I even got into a position to have Sion help me.
Tiger damage is DOT as well.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
But the Time is considerably shorter, and the large portion of damage is the active of Tiger Stance, which is instantly applied to the character (as opposed to per second application around the character).

I play Udyr quite a bit, Bobby, lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
What I mean about insantly applied is that the DoT is tagged on them the moment you hit them, as opposed to being a target independent DoT. It IS a DoT, although it is 2 seconds instead of 5.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
How is that harder to shield though? Duration wise it's much easier to shield that than the Phoenix active fire and 3rd hit fire. It's harder for Udyr to actually land all of Phoenix damage because of how ****ing mobile Riven is, but that's not specifically shield related.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I played a series of 2v2 and 3v3 Mario Kart LoL after Dphat kicked me out of his group.

IT WAS AMAZING.
I still want to do this.

And it's b/c of the cd of shield, you can shield multiple times over the course of a gank if you are running well, so you will most likely be dodging/shielding more of the damage. Plus if you really want to shield Tiger off a gank you have to wait for him to activate it, and not try to run/block other stuff.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I can live with a CD nerf on Ahri's ult.. Gonna suck now that its 110 seconds at level 6 though :| Whelp I started building Nashor's tooth over Morello's evil tomb on Ahri now. I like the extra 5% CDR and the 50% attack speed helps with last hitting.. I build CDR reduction right after boots.. (or belt) so the lasting hitting part is relevant i think... That and it works well with lich bane

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Some people don't like how that takes extra gold for her to do that but imo, it's worth it.
(EvilTomb/deathfire) 300/100 gold for 5%/10% more CDR. Evil tomb gives more AP but Ahri doesn't scale with AP enough to warrent over the CDR. Oh and you get an attack speed bonus as well for that little more. My train of thought at least. Deathfire does gives you another attack.. that's the only upside to getting it.

john!

Smash Hero
hi i'm (kennen/mord/vlad/akali/rumble/whatever other BS manaless casters exist in this game), i rush revolver in 99.9% of my games and win my lane automatically*

hi i'm (any other ap mid), i rush revolver whenever my jungler can give me blue buff and i win my lane automatically*

*unless the opponent also built revolver

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
(EvilTomb/deathfire) 300/100 gold for 5%/10% more CDR. Evil tomb gives more AP but Ahri doesn't scale with AP enough to warrent over the CDR. Oh and you get an attack speed bonus as well for that little more. My train of thought at least. Deathfire does gives you another attack.. that's the only upside to getting it.

Another attack that also scales with AP brah. TONS OF DAMAGE

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Also Warwick buffs, needed for him but idk if that helps his jungle problems enough.
1. he didn't need buffs
2. these buffs are pretty crazy for the jungle. 9 damage/attack at level 1 and the base attack speed buff (which affects the effectiveness of all attack speed buffs from your spec and your W).
3. they're also crazy strong for his late game too, he's basically getting a free wit's end proc from his passive late game, which is ****ing crazy (it's no hiten style, but it's your ****ing passive ffs). he was already one of the baddest mother****ers late game, but this puts him truly over the top, he'll be like an irelia that's harder to kill and who has that ****ing ult and bloodscent but no 5 second CD dash and slightly lower damage output.

solecalibur

Smash Master
1. he didn't need buffs
2. these buffs are pretty crazy for the jungle. 9 damage/attack at level 1 and the base attack speed buff (which affects the effectiveness of all attack speed buffs from your spec and your W).
3. they're also crazy strong for his late game too, he's basically getting a free wit's end proc from his passive late game, which is ****ing crazy (it's no hiten style, but it's your ****ing passive ffs). he was already one of the baddest mother****ers late game, but this puts him truly over the top, he'll be like an irelia that's harder to kill and who has that ****ing ult and bloodscent but no 5 second CD dash and slightly lower damage output.
I understand ww's rune page but what in gods name do you build on him? I think he is good but gets counters by some popular top lanes

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You guys are missing out on the fact that

AFTER SOMEONE QUEUE DODGES YOU HAVE 8 SECONDS BEFORE IT REQUEUES YOU!!!!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
This new champ looks soooooooooooooo fun. But his AS is so garbage, lol.

WW ult gained like 200 damage at level 18 just from his base AD (nvm, I read this backwards, thought new stuff was total AD) >_>

New Shen also looks very strong, especially out of jungle.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The mid-game disconnect change is cool too. I'm glad they finally removed the "initiate a teamfight right the **** now" announcement.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I really wanna play around with this.

Probably not the best way to execute the idea, better thought is probably to pick a normal ap mid like karthas or cassio and then have a jungler on the side whose gonna start red. Use a hard leash to get your mid blue on one side and give your actual jungler red on the other side, the basic objective being to use that to snowball.

Using promote and farming your jungle at the same time might work but what you'd want your "real" jungler to do would be to spend the entire game counter-jungling. Probably somebody like lee sin or shyvanna.

Potential?

Lovage

Smash Hero
obviously this thread needs a "real man club" for real men who play real man heroes and do real manly strategies and aren't weak *** ***** little ****ing *****es

^agreed
mogwai please start this club

the only ppl here who aren't broke *** ***** weiners are s2j and dpat

haha jk yall cool (prolly not)
edit: kiras koo too

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Won 2 ranked games...the next 5 where all 4v5s...lol

Must learn to Carry through that ****.

also Annie falls off at what point? Mid or Late?

because I usually get first blood in my lane but like. after that I'm like...what do?

@That Malphite strategy

could I potentially replace that with Pantheon and do the same thing? Pantheon coming in the lane with Blue buff and level 2 seems like ultimate Zoning.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Is it just me or has SmartCasting become extremely buggy as of late? Nowadays when I press a key (I had smartcast range indicators turned on) it would sort of flash the range and sometimes cast or sometimes not cast at all. I turned it off and I think it's ok but I'll have to try a bot game to see for sure. Just curious if anyone else has had smartcast issues since they implemented the option to show smartcast ranges.

Shen looks potentially OP, excited to play him again. If anyone gets to test his jungle routes after the patch let me know how it goes. Warwick buffs hopefully will let him jungle with new meta.

Alistar buffs? What? He seemed pretty balanced already, nothing major though.

All the nerfs seem fine to me tbh, nothing crazy everything seems good. Revolver needed a nerf for sure. Now if people want that 15% they will need to use the Quints. I've been using the quints for Kennen and having 18% vamp with just revolver was pretty stupid.

Top Bottom