• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
ahahahahahahaha, challenged a WW to a 1v1 top MM and won, he's trying to find every excuse to not pay me now.

Though to be fair, $100 is a lot of money to pay for being a complete ****ing ******.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Shyvana. Only rule we agreed upon out of the typical 1v1 ruleset was that it was first to kill OR tower, whichever was first (i.e. he didnt ban use of TP / wriggles etc, its top lane thats what you take). I got First blood and tower at the same time, and now he's johning his *** off about a ruleset we weren't playing on.

I don't think he'll pay me but the entertainment I'm getting is worth not receiving a hundred bucks.

The best part is that I forgot to use TP so his gripe about that is completely unfounded.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
looks like soraka wont be seen much anymore

taric making a comeback?

Vyke

Smash Champion
Those Shen changes seem craaaazy! If he isn't good after this overhaul, I don't know what will make the poor guy solid.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Where do you see patch notes?

on a side note, i get wrecked by unlocked camera.. gonna be spending a lot of bot games to get myself used to using unlocked camera now

Vyke

Smash Champion
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/

Front page always has the latest news. If not, there are plenty of places that find stuff out ahead of time. Reddit's Subreddit for League, Stateoftheleague.com, even the LoL General Forums reverberate what peeps find out.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Man, no mention of Shyvana nerfs, but I know that, based on previous patch notes, the nerfs to her will be much more significant than the nerfs to any of the other characters (Sans Soraka)

Vyke

Smash Champion
Boy there are some real stinkers out today. Forgot about my no playing on weekends rule.
No kidding... I had the worst player I've had in awhile tonight. He was convinced that he was trolled to hell and back, was clearly the worst player on our team by a wide margin and wouldn't stop harassing the entire team even when we were way ahead.

Haven't had it that bad in a long time.

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
Shen buff HYPE. Also the sona nerf is needed, her Q does quite a bit of damage at level 1. Not sure if i agree with Soraka nerfs, but w/e.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I agree with Soraka losing her infinite mana. You might as well just make her a manaless character if you gonna give someone "infinite" mana

fkacyan

Smash Hero
i still don't see why you would put most mages bot lane cause they still scale better with levels than gold
Because running AD mid / mage bot as a specific counter to an AD can deny their AD gold / land you kills?

It opens up metagame options.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'd love mana support as Ahri.. I always run out without blue.

But AP in bot would lose the ability to reach own blue if you were on the blue team.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Because running AD mid / mage bot as a specific counter to an AD can deny their AD gold / land you kills?

It opens up metagame options.
Except that swapping your carry around also has consequences. Unless the AP nerfs are so huge that carries can flourish mid again, sure you may have a gay Cass Soraka lane bot, but your carry is gonna get messed up vs Ryze Xerath etc mid 90% of the time. You're honestly probably better off having a bot lane counter that means you're dedicated to having NO ranged carry, than trying to find a safe place for most carries in most MU's besides bot. I'd rather see Pantheon Garen/Leona/etc than AP support with carry solo (unless you're like Corki mid vs something mild like Annie, or Vayne top vs MU's she *****)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Except that swapping your carry around also has consequences. Unless the AP nerfs are so huge that carries can flourish mid again, sure you may have a gay Cass Soraka lane bot, but your carry is gonna get messed up vs Ryze Xerath etc mid 90% of the time. You're honestly probably better off having a bot lane counter that means you're dedicated to having NO ranged carry, than trying to find a safe place for most carries in most MU's besides bot. I'd rather see Pantheon Garen/Leona/etc than AP support with carry solo (unless you're like Corki mid vs something mild like Annie, or Vayne top vs MU's she *****)
I was thinking more counter MUs rather than a new metagame altogether.

Also
Cait can hard CP a lot of AP mids.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I never did get to do Brand Taric bot.
If you wanna do an AP+support bot lane try Leona+Brand instead- synergy being you get someone to proc her passive with actual mpen, and brand dot passive makes it easy to proc. :D

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I still say Anni/Cho is one of the scariest lanes >_>. Annies Q stun to Rupture to Feral Scream to Incinerate to Tibbers to Feast = Dead anyone. Once annie gets stun up annie and cho just walk towards opponents and their options are: Get stunned and instadie or go to their tower and get denied.

Sadly that would probably make the team comp horrible lol.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
While ranged carries def have hard match ups in mid, Ezreal, Corki, Miss Fortune, Tristana and Cait are all pretty capable as solos (Graves probably is too). A ranged carry in mid could very likely be in a better position csing/etc wise than being in bot in quite a few match ups (like... Graves bot denying every ranged carry everything bar cait for the first while). Ranged carries also generally have better escapes than most AP mids.

Half the reason ranged carries left mid was because they were "guaranteed" free farm at bottom with a dedicated healing support. They've been hacking/hammering away at that for a while.

Top Bottom