• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Now that Riot finally feels safe having super long-range mages like Xerath around, I think they should bring Orianna back to what she once was...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Problem with Orianna was that she was strong both close (b/c of AP scaling per auto attack and shield + combination ms buff/slow) and far.

john!

Smash Hero
oh boo hoo hoo. reduced damage while dead has given me a massive boner, thank god they're actually doing something to incentivize you to kill the opposing AP Carry when it's Karthus. besides, he's easily in the same power league as all the other APs they listed for nerfs, so I have no idea why you're complaining. only godly AP it doesn't look like they're hitting is Anivia.
see a doctor if it persists for longer than 6 hours

and yeah i know karthus is really strong, but he's only been nerfed for like a year and a half, and i'm afraid he'll become the next twitch or something

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Make Cass actually have to use mana for **** sake Riot.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
see a doctor if it persists for longer than 6 hours

and yeah i know karthus is really strong, but he's only been nerfed for like a year and a half, and i'm afraid he'll become the next twitch or something
http://lol-patch.com/karthus.html

lol-patch said:
v1.0.0.130 - 2011-11-29

Wall of Pain
Wall duration reduced to 5 seconds from 7
Now only affects a target once (instead of reapplying every pass through)
Fixed a bug where Leona's passive and the Dominion center Sigil could cause an immediate double kill against Karthus

v1.0.0.126 - 2011-10-05

Fixed a bug where Requiem would sometimes not finish channeling when cast during Death Defied

v1.0.0.118 - 2011-05-10

Death Defied
Duration reduced to 7 seconds from 8
No longer reduces your respawn time
Requiem ability power ratio reduced to 0.6 from 0.7
Prior to this was the large series of buffs on him. Now, here we have 2 nerfs, 6 months apart, and the last one was over 2 months ago. They give him time after each set of nerfs to re-evaluate and he's been an S-tier lategame AP carry ever since his buffs in October 2010 if not even earlier than that. There's nothing to worry about, they're taking a level headed approach to nerfing a character that is on the high end of the power spectrum.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Never talk about Karthus, John will have something to say

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Gentlemen:

Jungle Karthus.

Thoughts?
I think it's gross, but it does sorta work. He clears fast and ganks with wall are stronger than you'd think, but it's still really weak to counter jungling and shoehorning someone who's better in a lane into a sub-optimal role.

DMG, that's an uncalled for jab
john!, 2 wrongs don't make a right

Cut it out.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Karthus OP? John knew about it 9 months prior

Small nerf to Karthus? Not needed Karthus not op.

Large nerfs to APs in general? THE WORLD IS OVER

Zac 50 Brawl dollars you can't

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
So. Bets on if I can hit 2k by only playing Teemo in solo q from now on (regardless of lane availability)?
as long as you don't have to mid/jungle very often, you should be able to do it. if you have until the end of the season, you 100% got this, if we're talking about like, just a month or something, might be tougher.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
How do you even build backdoor Teemo, anyway? Max AS, or tankier with like stuff like Mallet?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What does the elo start at? Im thinking about finally getting into ranked (my rune pages are complete now) and Id like to know what Im going to begin at.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
What does the elo start at? Im thinking about finally getting into ranked (my rune pages are complete now) and Id like to know what Im going to begin at.
Where you begin is somewhere from 1000-1400 (I think 1000's the min?) Based on placement matches.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
you start at 1200 and your first 50-100(? can't remember exactly how many) games are weighted more heavily to accelerate your placement into the correct elo (in theory).
And thats why you see so many people at like 1750 with barely any games played!

Duoq to start, play one game a month.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
First 10 are placement, next 40 are heavier weight.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I love how, when you're losing a game, telling people in a nice, educational way how they could have done better in their own role is "blaming everybody else." Even when the first thing you say is how you ****ed up.

Top Bottom