• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I still browse this thread, I don't namesearch anything on SWF. I really had to fight my urge to post, "I hate you so much, you're the reason Frieza blew up the sayajin homeplanet." When John proposed his u gibe free elo $50 shenaniganry.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
This is a good build, maybe with a hexdrinker thrown in earlier if enemy has a lot of magic damage, mid/late game Atma's

The more popular/common build is double dorans, brut, BT, and then very late GA. Not only do they hvae no survivability til late game, every time they die they lose a huge chunk of their damage. Not to mention GA really only gives you that additional tankiness when the passive is up, and doesn't give you the slow to land boosted autos that mallet does.

Wickd traditionally builds tankier Riven, but he's one of the few that I've seen.
Double dorans > brut > BT is fantastic if you're doing realyl really really well early and stomping people, but even then I always transition it into mallet.

then again I consider mallet more or less a prerequisite for melee

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
The LoL shop and Current DotA 2 shop both suffer from the inability for me to purchase with hotkeys, which is just plain faster in the end of the day. I'm also pretty sure we've had this discussion before.
that's fair i guess, but frankly I don't think that's a big deal at all. I think hotkeys are a luxury, being able to easily navigate to an item you want and purchase it without a ****ing tutorial is a much more fundamental problem.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
that's fair i guess, but frankly I don't think that's a big deal at all. I think hotkeys are a luxury, being able to easily navigate to an item you want and purchase it without a ****ing tutorial is a much more fundamental problem.
I wish League had a ****ing stash, so I could buy during lulls in lane rather than having to do everyhting really fast once I recall and potentially waste precious seconds with full hp / mana sitting in pool buying.

EDIT: Dphat, if you're around I could really use help setting up my stream. The quality atm is pretty ****ing awful, as you can see here:

http://www.twitch.tv/thiocyanide/b/307470409

Help would be appreciated.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I find it fairly similar to LoL shop in that I just click a component of the item and can get anything from it from there. I've never really found it hard to navigate, just poorly structured, really inefficient and full of clicks. It's also probably less beginner friendly, but that's something I don't really take into account.

Were it not for the quick buy letting me snag TPs in a side lane without pulling up the shop, and letting me finish an item in general in lane without pulling up the shop again, I'd put it below LoL's shop currently.

When it comes down to it, for the most part the lack of hotkeys in LoL is pretty minute anyway. It's not like you don't finish shopping before you finish whatever mana/hp regen you needed. I'd just rather have hotkeys.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Was there a major tournament where a team with Poppy placed well recently? I'm seeing a butt-ton of that broken character and it's pissing me off because she's supposed to be mine and mine alone!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
give me a screen shot of your current set up and screen shot of you ingame video options.
That was with ltierally every setting on lowest except I think I had shadows turned on at low, borderless window.

I have Resolution set to the base HD one (12xx by 7xx iirc), framerate at 29.97. Not sure what other settings there even are? Is using game source a problem?

I don't get why it comes out so choppy and why the sound is so ****ty, because my WoW streams didn't have that sisue at all.

EDIT: As an example, exported to YT from my stream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnCxb6541wc&list=LLV3bnpykUWuj5_SgFilbIKg&index=10&feature=plpp_video

Higher graphical intensive game, no sound problems to speak of nor framerate hiccups.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
just send me a screen shot of your xplit settings.
also send me a picture of your current bandwidth, (download and upload)
Wow, my upload was only 2mbps, that might be the problem, lmao. Cannot believe I didn't check that.

If that doesn't help I'll send you the SSs.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
This is a good build, maybe with a hexdrinker thrown in earlier if enemy has a lot of magic damage, mid/late game Atma's

The more popular/common build is double dorans, brut, BT, and then very late GA. Not only do they hvae no survivability til late game, every time they die they lose a huge chunk of their damage. Not to mention GA really only gives you that additional tankiness when the passive is up, and doesn't give you the slow to land boosted autos that mallet does.

Wickd traditionally builds tankier Riven, but he's one of the few that I've seen.
Thanks px. I never really buy Hexdrinker...I don't understand the item really? Like, it'd be good against double AP like Vlad top or something?

I can't believe I'm one of the few that builds her like that...it's fantastic.

Anyways, got Shaco in a game of ranked...first time in a LONG time...

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I need your xplit setting info bro so i can help you out....
Also.. my upload is only <1mbps
If not I'm going to just ignore all your cries for help if you're unable to send me a simple screen shot of your xplit settings.
Making the SS, give me a minute >_>

EDIT: Sent PM.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Thanks px. I never really buy Hexdrinker...I don't understand the item really? Like, it'd be good against double AP like Vlad top or something?

I can't believe I'm one of the few that builds her like that...it's fantastic.

Anyways, got Shaco in a game of ranked...first time in a LONG time...
Hexdrinker can give you a bonus 300 health every minute if you take a lot of magic damage often, and it's relatively cheap AND it gives a good chunk of bonus AD. It's very good and very underrated on tanky casters, imo.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
idk why jpak, but your stream keeps pausing for me every like 4 seconds. and i know my internet is beastly so im not sure whats goin on

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
jaypack, you should become an own3d tv partner, so you can allow me to change the stream quality.

L__

Smash Master
they all fed and I
I keep bleedin
I keep keep bleedin points
tryin not to rage but they feed so hard
their constant deaths fill my screen and fill me with rage

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So.. what I've noticed playing Ahri in some normals in team fights (still only level 15)

1. Poke until someone gets too close
2. Charm the poor sap after the first CC
3. ??????
4. Once the other team retreats, press R
5. Double/Triple Kill for Ahri

Also, i felt so great after I saved a teammate from a gank with a well placed charm. I love this character <3

Just gonna say.. with Ahri, i spam fox fire as my harass. My skill shots are terrible for harass so I level fox fire first and only use Q to farm and combo.

Coney

Smash Master
I'm having the absolute WORST luck in ranked right now. Dropped from 1600 to 1400 overnight, all because of some form of complete bull**** or another. This **** is infuriating and the reason I stayed away from ranked for so long, knew this would happen.

Yeah I know this isn't my livejournal or anything but jesus ****ing christ, this is unreal.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I'm having the absolute WORST luck in ranked right now. Dropped from 1600 to 1400 overnight, all because of some form of complete bull**** or another. This **** is infuriating and the reason I stayed away from ranked for so long, knew this would happen.

Yeah I know this isn't my livejournal or anything but jesus ****ing christ, this is unreal.
Elo gains and losses tend to be streaky because of mentality. One loss is annoying, and being annoyed affects your play. Then you lose again and become aggravated, and then again and you're infuriated. On the flip side, when you win you're happy, and then extremely pleased, etc. Morale is a huge factor.

EDIT: Thx again Dphat, made a huge difference in my stream quality.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

Well you made it all the way to 1600, so a few losses that drag you down will [hopefully] be met with a few wins to float you back up.

Also after losing 2 ranked matches [twice in a row or not is your call] take a break! It helps. Especially if you get frustrated or tired from the games.
-DD

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Hrm. The sound is still pretty choppy. Is that just a result of low fps, or can I change the sound quality to
fix that?

Top Bottom