• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Top lane Nunu can really ruin some popular tops. I'm pretty sure he murderizes GP, and Salce swears that he owns Ryze too. I'm curious how he would do against Shyvana.

Riven poos on solo Nunu though.

EDIT: Dphat, the thing is Trundle has a couple windows where he CAN beat Yorick in top (assuming 1v1s), whereas Yorick can never really beat Trundle.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
What are your rune pages/masteries for top nunu?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Riven maxes shield and uses shield in reaction to your snowball's slow projectile speed. Then at level 6 she kills you, and laughs if you try to use your ulti.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Pete learning the hard way scrimming with CLG.EU that you can't team fight as an AD carry. Got caught three times. They lost three team fights. GG

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
people don't like RoA enough. RoA's ****ing crazy, especially if you're trying to tank out with resists afterwards. like, the pure stat efficiency on the item is completely absurd, whereas banshee's is all about the shield, which is situationally very useful but depends largely on the comps.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
GP gets destroyed by Nunu top.

Also reason I say Bveil is because you are Nunu. I know RoA is good for APs that wanna build tanky, but in this case more channel time = more ****.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I think Shyvana would manhandle Nunu. Start boots +3 pots + W, stick to him through snowball all day.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Dphat is the only one who taunt me specific champs iirc. :/ skarner udyr wat up.
Oh wow wtf my page loaded weird as ****. Where did page of Posts come from?
:phone:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
But he can snowball you before you reach him, while speedboosting himself, and slowing your AS, which decreases all your DPS... and then he can heal huge chunks of health. I don't know much about Nunu's mana issues, but if he can keep his mana up Shyv would lose that for sure.

Shyv could probably just megapush and then leave though.

@jamal Nunu snowballs hit harder than gun (not counting crits) and are on a lower CD, and he can heal a lot more more often for much more. And post 6 GP has nothing to interrupt Nunu ult alone.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Pretty sure AP nunu is bad.. id think using him for his utility later on would be better (since u will NEVER get ur full ult off except vs very bad players)

full tank nunu = wtf later game loll

and ive tried promote + bloodboil b4 LOL its ****

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nunu beats GP in lane because GP manawise gets boned if he wants to do anything about Nunu. Your W CD is too high to just be able to go in whenever, his snowball will be up constantly. His heal is also stronger and will scale with AP/spellvamp. You get outhealed out harassed (also in part because of Nunu passive) can't go in on him etc. You burn through mana while he gets free spells and will likely be going catalyst/something along those lines to keep his mana up even more. Just don't do it, don't see Nunu and go GP and lane vs him. Go jungle at that point lol

Turazrok

Smash Master
What do you guys think of Munro jungle? Saw it on solomid, but I only ever did that to troll jpak :/

:phone:

fkacyan

Smash Hero
At base, Nunu starts with 213 mana with a 42 per level growth. Regen is 6.6 with an aditional .5 per level.

His mana costs are 60 for Consume, 50 for BB, and 65+10*rank for Snowball. Slow on Snowball lasts 4s.

Shyvana has absolutely no costs on anything. You're looking at maybe four snowballs if you're not even using Consume / BB early on, and Shyvana can heavily deny Nunu last hits by superpushing into the tower so he can't easily buy more sustain. Then she can go and take doublegolems / wolves while he shoves your creeps back off of the tower.

Nunu's Snowball starts out as a 20% slow. Shyvana's W is a 30% increase at the start, and she also starts out with 10 more base movespeed than Nunu.

Maybe I'm wrong in this analysis (I've NEVER seen Nunu top), but Shyvana's ability to push will hurt him HARD early and once she gets some MR going his harass will mean literally nothing, and she can easily prevent him from farming.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
At base, Nunu starts with 213 mana with a 42 per level growth. Regen is 6.6 with an aditional .5 per level.

His mana costs are 60 for Consume, 50 for BB, and 65+10*rank for Snowball. Slow on Snowball lasts 4s.

Shyvana has absolutely no costs on anything. You're looking at maybe four snowballs if you're not even using Consume / BB early on, and Shyvana can heavily deny Nunu last hits by superpushing into the tower so he can't easily buy more sustain. Then she can go and take doublegolems / wolves while he shoves your creeps back off of the tower.

Nunu's Snowball starts out as a 20% slow. Shyvana's W is a 30% increase at the start, and she also starts out with 10 more base movespeed than Nunu.

Maybe I'm wrong in this analysis (I've NEVER seen Nunu top), but Shyvana's ability to push will hurt him HARD early and once she gets some MR going his harass will mean literally nothing, and she can easily prevent him from farming.
Day 1 of coming to this thread and I already like what I'm seeing

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So I started reviewing Tribunal cases.

I wish I had a gun so I could shoot myself.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

You're making the yeti angry (by ignoring his passive and mana regen in his spec)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
does anyone use that program that switches the recommended items shown for certain characters to what you want?

Top Bottom