• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You're making the yeti angry (by ignoring his passive and mana regen in his spec)
You're not going to trade favorably early on with Shyvana on the creep line, so his passive isn't likely to have much impact. Maybe five snowballs.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
this is my favorite tribunal case

filling in the censored words is only half the fun!

Mooi [All] [18:59:39]: gg all
Mooi [All] [18:59:45]: cept ww
Mooi [All] [18:59:55]: who was a total ***** *** ***** ******
SoulGladiator [All] [19:00:04]: reported
Arost [All] [19:00:07]: hahahaha
Lexmeister [All] [19:00:08]: it was a 3v5...and we're going to win
Mooi [All] [19:00:21]: report me for this to **** fact
Lexmeister [All] [19:00:22]: losers
Lexmeister [All] [19:00:26]: LOSERS
SoulGladiator [All] [19:00:29]: no for using that language
Mooi [All] [19:00:32]: nigngingngiigniginginigniginienirneininin ching chong alalalala ding dong eat the koran
SoulGladiator [All] [19:00:32]: and being racist
Arost [19:00:32]: we dont win yet
Mooi [All] [19:00:35]: heuheuehueheuheuehue
Mooi [All] [19:00:37]: ******s
Mooi [All] [19:00:38]: ******s
Mooi [All] [19:00:40]: ******s
Arost [All] [19:00:44]: xd
Cerdoeth [All] [19:00:51]: enjoy your break from the game, mooi
Mooi [All] [19:00:52]: hueheuheuheuehu
Lexmeister [All] [19:01:01]: wah wah, crying about language is as immature as using it
Mooi [All] [19:01:02]: enjoy your break away from your mum
Mooi [All] [19:01:05]: were hitting up vegas
Lexmeister [All] [19:01:09]: you give power to the words
Mooi [All] [19:01:13]: ya basement ***** titted ****** wod

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Oh god I hope not...
800+ pages of this crap?
I would imagine the thread would be lucky to have 100 pages of useful posts :teemo:

Coney

Smash Master
Whenever I do solo top Nunu I'm first blood, like, 75% of the time LMFAO

He's so slow naturally and you really can only start with Doran's, so if the jungler has any kind of real CC + red buff + top lane, you're 300% ****ed

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Thio, that's why I said that you could just push to tower. You're not gonna fight him early, he will beat you. And obv spec mana regen and you have your passive too, which he will have up a lot b/c you are pushing.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Is this normal?

this was at 1.9k elo
I mean tanky lots of damage both ways lots of sustain

Although I would get T Force over Lich Bane in that spot, but it looked like she might have gone frozen mallet afterwards for the slow.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Thio, that's why I said that you could just push to tower. You're not gonna fight him early, he will beat you. And obv spec mana regen and you have your passive too, which he will have up a lot b/c you are pushing.
Nunu will win early?

What?

What sorcery is this?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I need some advice at zoning and poking people in mid lane who have the same range as you as Ahri. My skill shot is.. really off ._.;

I laned against a brand for the first time, and I ended up going 0/1 against him till team fights started. I did gank him when he was assaulting top lane though so I got revenge like that :D Also I did a pro skill shot against a Wukong, he does his clone teleport and I charm behind the clone and hit him with charm.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I don't get it. Bait the shaco FP, I invad ehis red, he gets no buffs for over 15 mins and no kills and yet my team STILL feeds the **** out of their team with towerdives.

Why can't people not be retardedly greedy.

And now an eve afker. Back to DotA for the next week.

@above: Nunu does not have the mana to spam **** early game, nor the attack speed to keep up his passive to use stuff alot.

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
Smart nunus can abusive his passive for free E's for harass or Ult. Nunu's can just be smart about their mana management along with mp5 runes and his W buff AS for passive. Nunus can stay in lane for a LONG time.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Smart nunus can abusive his passive for free E's for harass or Ult. Nunu's can just be smart about their mana management along with mp5 runes and his W buff AS for passive. Nunus can stay in lane for a LONG time.
It's like you didnt read any of the preceding posts

Please just stop posting

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So I started reviewing Tribunal cases.

I wish I had a gun so I could shoot myself.
I feel you so hard.

90% of cases seem to be legitimately awful people. Like, hypothetical spawn of Cruella DeVille and Hitler awful.

9% seem to be cool people who are trying to constructively criticize their team so they can do better and get reported.

The remaining 1% seems to be your average player.

The thing is, Shyv is faster + Shyv's MS buff from W > Nunu's slow debuff. And that thing does a ton of damage passively.

The AS decrease is gonna hurt, but I see shyv bodying him out of lane pretty reliably cause when she wants to go in, not much nunu can do to stop her.

Rad

Smash Ace
I need some advice at zoning and poking people in mid lane who have the same range as you as Ahri. My skill shot is.. really off ._.;
You can't zone someone unless you have some kind of advantage. A few things to get you thinking:

- In the first few levels (especially) you can take advantage of a missed skillshot or spell on minions. All their **** is on CD.
- If you push your lane up you can hit level 2 before your opponent and be far stronger for a few seconds. Just hitting any level before your opponent is always a big deal though, especially for 3 and 6.
- If the opponent makes a poor item choice / you have more sustain than them you can trade them down into an advantage.
- If you buy before them you will have an advantage.
- Blue buff completely changes the dynamics of everything.
- Your Jungler can zone your opponent but only if everyone knows what they're doing.
- Pushing someone to their tower can force them to waste their Mana to last hit.
- If you **** up and they hit you, you have to hit them back even if you take additional damage for it. Don't wanna be their ***** yo.
- You're safe from level 2 ganks until like 2:15. Stay on the opposite side of where their jungler started if you're being aggressive at level 1.
- You don't necessarily have enough Mana to kill your opponent for bad decisions at early levels. Use judgement with your Mana and wear them down slowly. You pose no threat with no Mana.
- Bad players can be baited out of all their Mana, but like the above point, you can't be baited by their bad decisions and waste all of yours too. Spells start to ramp up in damage the more you level. Two level 1 champions with full Mana do nothing to each other, but two level 7 Champions can kill each other in seconds. If your opponent wastes all their Mana at level 3 and you stall until level 5, your Mana becomes worth more.

Some characters will get a natural lane advantage against other characters, but I guess we're talking about MUs where that isn't so obvious (level 3 Leblanc vs. level 3... anyone. Who's scarier?). If you outplay your opponent in a few exchanges you'll get an advantage, but that's obvious.

Only try to zone someone when one of your creeps is about to die. You're leaving yourself open to get ganked for no reason otherwise. For the same reason you really need Flash up to zone effectively.

A few thoughts on poking:
- Buy boots.
- Only last hit with auto-attacks and conserve your Mana for harassment.
- Champions stand still while auto-attacking and casting spells (make sure you cancel the animations after your attack comes out and keep moving)
- Sitting at full Mana is a waste, but you need to keep your Mana up to remain a threat.
- You get some Mana back when you level up. You might as well nuke your opponent once before you hit level 2, etc.
- If you wanna play aggressively 1-6 run flat mana-regen and 21-0-9.
- Until you have Blue+Dorans you can't just poke 'blindly'. Have a solid reason for throwing out skillshots at early levels. (Especially levels 1 and 2)

Against Brand he has to land his Q skillshot to stun. If you both hit six and just go on each-other, remember you can Flash to dodge it instantly. Ahri ult is really good against heroes like Brand for this reason, but Flash is faster. Remember that.

WALL OF POTENTIALLY USELESS / UNWANTED TEXT

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What yellows should I use on manaless AP mids? Not sure if armor, AP/level, or MR would be best.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You can't zone someone unless you have some kind of advantage. A few things to get you thinking:

- In the first few levels (especially) you can take advantage of a missed skillshot or spell on minions. All their **** is on CD.
- If you push your lane up you can hit level 2 before your opponent and be far stronger for a few seconds. Just hitting any level before your opponent is always a big deal though, especially for 3 and 6.
- If the opponent makes a poor item choice / you have more sustain than them you can trade them down into an advantage.
- If you buy before them you will have an advantage.
- Blue buff completely changes the dynamics of everything.
- Your Jungler can zone your opponent but only if everyone knows what they're doing.
- Pushing someone to their tower can force them to waste their Mana to last hit.
- If you **** up and they hit you, you have to hit them back even if you take additional damage for it. Don't wanna be their ***** yo.
- You're safe from level 2 ganks until like 2:15. Stay on the opposite side of where their jungler started if you're being aggressive at level 1.
- You don't necessarily have enough Mana to kill your opponent for bad decisions at early levels. Use judgement with your Mana and wear them down slowly. You pose no threat with no Mana.
- Bad players can be baited out of all their Mana, but like the above point, you can't be baited by their bad decisions and waste all of yours too. Spells start to ramp up in damage the more you level. Two level 1 champions with full Mana do nothing to each other, but two level 7 Champions can kill each other in seconds. If your opponent wastes all their Mana at level 3 and you stall until level 5, your Mana becomes worth more.

Some characters will get a natural lane advantage against other characters, but I guess we're talking about MUs where that isn't so obvious (level 3 Leblanc vs. level 3... anyone. Who's scarier?). If you outplay your opponent in a few exchanges you'll get an advantage, but that's obvious.

Only try to zone someone when one of your creeps is about to die. You're leaving yourself open to get ganked for no reason otherwise. For the same reason you really need Flash up to zone effectively.

A few thoughts on poking:
- Buy boots.
- Only last hit with auto-attacks and conserve your Mana for harassment.
- Champions stand still while auto-attacking and casting spells (make sure you cancel the animations after your attack comes out and keep moving)
- Sitting at full Mana is a waste, but you need to keep your Mana up to remain a threat.
- You get some Mana back when you level up. You might as well nuke your opponent once before you hit level 2, etc.
- If you wanna play aggressively 1-6 run flat mana-regen and 21-0-9.
- Until you have Blue+Dorans you can't just poke 'blindly'. Have a solid reason for throwing out skillshots at early levels. (Especially levels 1 and 2)

Against Brand he has to land his Q skillshot to stun. If you both hit six and just go on each-other, remember you can Flash to dodge it instantly. Ahri ult is really good against heroes like Brand for this reason, but Flash is faster. Remember that.

WALL OF POTENTIALLY USELESS / UNWANTED TEXT
Thanks, i realized i was playing too passively and was trying to damage him without trading.. I also should have tried punishing his casting/cooldown time. That ended badly for me as he started to read my run away habits, so he out farmed then. My team was losing in kills at first, but we brought it back in team fights.

Top Bottom