• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Panth works fine too b/c it's also targeted damage/cc. He's a bit harder to jungle with though, especially if you can't count on support from your laners.

EDIT: JPAK needs to let us hear what the people he are playing with are saying. It's like an incomplete experience this way.

jpak

Smash Lord
Panth works fine too b/c it's also targeted damage/cc. He's a bit harder to jungle with though, especially if you can't count on support from your laners.

EDIT: JPAK needs to let us hear what the people he are playing with are saying. It's like an incomplete experience this way.
damn i didnt know i muted :( my last game was fun oh well

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I had a Xin lanecamp me top yesterday.

Not fun. I didn't die at all but I couldnt farm / leave my lane either, so the other lanes that were getting demolished got no help.

=(

EDIT: Also, I disagree with top being a bad lane to carry from. You can pretty easily counterpick top lanes and then get really fed because nobody at low ELO plays passively.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
can I sub Xin for Lane Camp Pantheon?

also Zak. why don't we ever duo?
you can, but then teamfighting is weird. Panth is a defensive teamfigher, so even if you're fed, you're kinda relying on your team more than Xin would. Fed Xin is just like, lol Wriggle's Triforce Omen, E -> R -> Omen your team -> kill them 1 at a time while chuckling off the damage.

Xin and Panth sort of sound like weaker Maokai.
they do a lot more damage on their own. like, A LOT more.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I had a Xin lanecamp me top yesterday.

Not fun. I didn't die at all but I couldnt farm / leave my lane either, so the other lanes that were getting demolished got no help.

=(

EDIT: Also, I disagree with top being a bad lane to carry from. You can pretty easily counterpick top lanes and then get really fed because nobody at low ELO plays passively.
You can still really only destroy the one lane, as opposed to all of them from jungle, or 2-3 from mid.

Vyke

Smash Champion
GP is hella gay. If there's anyone I hate laning against it's GP. Q LOL Q LOL Q LOL

2 hours later still have half mana

Q LOL

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
GP 'loses' a lot of lanes. But he's still going to butt **** your team all the way across the map and get his farm if he plays it passively and his late game is still very stronk.

What champs counter Yorick top?
I have a hard time countering him. As of right now, I like Singed vs. him, but I can't find a good counter to a Yorrick who knows how to press their buttons.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Trundle is pretty good vs him. Trundle gets healing whenever the ghouls die, and he can sap AD from Yorick if they fight face to face so it's hard for him to win that trade especially since it's common for Yorick players to be running flat AD in the first place only to have it stolen lol.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
super ballsy kennen players probably beat yorick post hextech

same with rumble

chogath too maybe

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
1500s are getting to the point where people are competent enough that this both doesn't work as often and isn't as necessary because fewer lanes are lost as hopelessly as they are at the 1100/1200/1300/1400s.
Lies. I'm 1500s and the majority of my games still involve people that absolutely fail their lane. I don't know how or why people die 3+ times in the laning phase but it happens. A lot.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I find Yorick loses early hard to a lot of champs if he doesnt play safe, and people dont play safe at low elo

at high / arranged play? **** if I know, he just camps until hes unkillable

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Lies. I'm 1500s and the majority of my games still involve people that absolutely fail their lane. I don't know how or why people die 3+ times in the laning phase but it happens. A lot.
ok, well lane camp xin then, free elo.

it's been awhile since I've seen 1500, I'm mostly talking about my experiences at the end of season 1 when I was leveling accounts to gold.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Kennen can do well, however it's also hard to win trades vs him with ghouls in the way. Half the time you will just hit his ghoul with Q and there's nothing you can do about it. Good Yorick players can position their slowing ghost to save them as a last resort vs Kennen Q, and early levels even with Revolver that will be the majority of your damage gone if you trade with him. It's hard for Yorick to force Kennen out of the lane, since after revolver even if he hits the ghouls he will heal, but Kennen also has a hard time winning that unless he goes balls to the wall and gets like Ult + Free Q off no problem. Early levels he can force Kennen to play pretty passively since you have the issue of moving past ghouls to aim clear, and you have no sustain. Trundle however even from level 1 is completely fine if he doesn't start in lane with some ******** items.

Rumble loses before Revolver, and Harpoon is hard to land with Ghouls in the way. Cho it boils down into a farmfest, although he does have to be careful early level if he gets careless. Yorick can do a lot of damage upfront to Cho early level without too much of a hassle. Just imo from all the times I've played Yorick, only MU I hate to play is Trundle and Shyvanna actually.

Coney

Smash Master
Top is not the best lane to carry solo queue from. It's a 1v1 there, mostly and you're separated from the rest of the map. If you want to carry solo queue you play jungle or mid.
well i mean, i play both mid and top...if i'm first pick in solo i demand mid, if i'm not i try to force my way top. my jungle is pretty good too. at the elo i'm at (1600) i can perform well in ANY role, but i can't say the same for my teammates...like, ever.

except for one game when i got carried HARD by an ezreal, MAN WAS MY FACE RED

and tbh i have a problem duoing because if i lose, i don't want it to be a friend's fault. i want it to be either MY fault, or the fault of idiots i don't even know. does that make any sense? i'm weird

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Don't do it. You lose a fraction of your soul each time you play him and do that.

D

Deleted member

i think if u kite well enough and last hit ghouls correctly, chogath wins ranging from a stomp to farm off

==

even with 21 offense, you are probably mastery-ing/rune-ing improperly if you are getting ***** by yorick early. Also, early harass pushes the lane in your favor that post level 3 leads to easy gank/harassment on chogath's part IMO

==
edit: NEVERMIND

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Easiest lane to beat Yorick with is Trundle by far. Ghouls give you regen, you can match his run speed on contaminate and block him w/ troll pillar, he builds tanky and you sap it with ult. Riven also doesn't really lose it. Just max out shield and farm at tower. Tiger Udyr can also beat him if he goes in hard for the first 3 levels.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Max shield? How are you able to do anything mid-game if you do that lol. They see you max shield first and they get free dragons till you actually do damage right?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You were 10/0/6 with no deaths?
I actually got to 17 kills before I died, at that point we had an inhibitor and a baron under our belt.

then I just started doing stupid **** and killing three people for one death.

Was easily the stompiest game of soloq ive ever played, by far.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I just had a game earlier today with Lux where I went 13/2/9 and the game ended around 30mins. I went mid (lol) against LeBlanc and somehow dodged everything she threw at me and landed every single Skill Shot and E and ended up winning mid 3/0/0 and getting the first turret at 12 or so, then proceeded to clean up with my ult and lock in assists with Q all day. My two deaths were 1. I died to guarantee getting a turret and a kill, which also resulted in my team getting another 2 kills, and 2. died from LeBlanc while focusing Nid out of the fight (killed Nid right before I died), which was less than 30 seconds before we got their Nexus. Was a fun match, but tbh I dont think it's so much that I did good more than the other guys werent as good, but hey, a wins a win.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Max shield? How are you able to do anything mid-game if you do that lol. They see you max shield first and they get free dragons till you actually do damage right?
She still does damage with her passive, and will do more sustained damage b/c she is also taking less of it. It's just less burst b/c the stun will be a bit lower level than the shield. It's not like you max shield last or anything, lol.

Top Bottom