• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Ryze goes from losing most fights early to going even at mid levels to, if you allowed him to even get a LITTLE farm, able to tank half of your team while dealing absurd damage.

Instantaneous root from range is also obnoxious. Ryze mid enables so many hard ganks.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Unfortunately Dphat got bogged down by Riot's buffed Q that CC's your gameplay options.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
^^ good one px!

Man people who post in here are so good. Best advice ever! I don't know why it's good advice cuz nobody tells me but who cares

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I don't think it'll hit the 64 entrants limit. Might as well drop the tourney and rely on the in-houses.

=

I Shift+SkillKey for an Ezreal main. At least it's more forgiving when accidentally pressing buttons. *Types in chat, presses R after pressing enter, wastes Galio's ult*

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure smartcasting with Ezreal is 100% necessary for any sort of good play with him. I literally cannot see clicking an ability being feasible when trying to orbwalk.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm, i'll consider it if i choose to get competitive with the game. For now this is just something fun to do win or lose.
I used touchpad up until I reached about 700 normal wins. Switched to mouse. Sucked really badly for about a week then saw vast improvement then on.

I definitely recommend switching even though you play casually. :o

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
All smart casting does is remove the Shift button from the equation. My left pinkie finger sits on the shift button so it's not that difficult to get around with.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I used touchpad up until I reached about 700 normal wins. Switched to mouse. Sucked really badly for about a week then saw vast improvement then on.

I definitely recommend switching even though you play casually. :o
TOUCHPAD?!!!!!!!!!!

EXPLAIN THIS WIZARDRY

HOW

WHAT

WHAT THE ****?!

HOW MANY LOSSES DID YOU HAVE? LIKE MORE THAN SHAYAS TOTAL GAMES PLAYED?

a

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I got away with a ****ty laptop less than 10FPS max under calm non fighting circumstances, touchpad only (little brother broke USB ports, ****ity **** ****) for a few months

Mostly because I played Heimer and you don't need much precision on him besides Grenade

Old Heimer too who was kinda bonkers op

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Best thing about the server crash was being in a 5v5 teamfight in the river by Baron. When everybody reconnected we found out we aced them :teemo:

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I got away with a ****ty laptop less than 10FPS max under calm non fighting circumstances, touchpad only (little brother broke USB ports, ****ity **** ****) for a few months

Mostly because I played Heimer and you don't need much precision on him besides Grenade

Old Heimer too who was kinda bonkers op
set up turrets, afk, win

I played a DotA2 game as Venomancer where I maxed wards first and spammed em... Boy, THAT was hilarious.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
TOUCHPAD?!!!!!!!!!!

EXPLAIN THIS WIZARDRY

HOW

WHAT

WHAT THE ****?!

HOW MANY LOSSES DID YOU HAVE? LIKE MORE THAN SHAYAS TOTAL GAMES PLAYED?

a
had about 50 wins over losses and reached like 1400 in ranked. o.o

biggest issue was being able to change movement directions very quickly on the fly.

Trust me. It's not as bad as you probably think. :o

Vyke

Smash Champion
You usually max wards first on Veno anyway? Unless I was mislead.

How does one break their usb ports? Did he shove like... a circular jack in there?

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I used touchpad on my laptop through first 200 or so wins. It's not bad once you do it awhile, but a mouse if no doubt better and I saw an almost immediate improvement.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
How do you play with a touchpad? Left thumb on the touchpad? Right thumb on touchpad buttons, right index / middle finger on touchpad?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You usually max wards first on Veno anyway? Unless I was mislead.

How does one break their usb ports? Did he shove like... a circular jack in there?
Nah, you take one point in wards to ward your lane and **** and then max your passive.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
All he did, was repeatedly RAM the USB Plug into the slot...

Except he didn't line it up with the port, and instead of flipping it saying Hey maybe this doesn't work I should try something different, he decides to try and force it in as hard as he can. Not in 1 slot, no this man needed 2 full tries before giving up. Let's just say that clearance $200 or less laptop stood NO chance at having a good life.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I almost broke the USB on my laptop when it fell off my bed with a USB in it. Port got slanted and the opening got contorted.

Still worked though. Everything fit, too.

EDIT: This has ALWAYS BUGGED ME

WHY IS BRUT BLUE IN GAME AND BROWN IN THE AIR CLIENT

Vyke

Smash Champion
Doran's Shield and Void Staff are also different colors compared to the in-game icons. I'm pretty sure it's their original colors out of game, and some point down the line they decided to change them in-game but they never bothered on the Post-Game screen.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Got my first penta today :). Was playing Nid.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I just ran into a guy with like 600 wins in ranked, 1230 elo, who rushed phage on akali.

Didnt make boots until minute 17. Level one boots.

How do you play so many games and not retain basic knowhow?

Vyke

Smash Champion
I used to build Phage on Akali back when I was extremely lazy and started Longsword + 1pot.

Then I built Rylai. Then finished Frozen Mallet.

The nobody ever got away from me ever again.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I just ran into a guy with like 600 wins in ranked, 1230 elo, who rushed phage on akali.

Didnt make boots until minute 17. Level one boots.

How do you play so many games and not retain basic knowhow?
Because the whole time they think they are better than they are and they blame their teammates for everything.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Because the whole time they think they are better than they are and they blame their teammates for everything.
But like... Boots?

BOOTS?!

Two of the three games I've lost in ranked were partially my fault for making some key mistakes late game after some massive mistakes happened early. But my mistakes weren't simple build mistakes any 600 elo player could tell you that you were ******** for. it was more like "Whoops, didnt initiate on the right guy" or " whoops, popy flashed through the wall and ***** me because I was slightly too far from my team."

the worst part was that he was mid fighting an ahri. I would START boots in that lane

Top Bottom