• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Battle Fury - Tryndamere gains Fury for each attack, critical strike, and killing blow he makes. Fury passively increases his critical strike chance and can be consumed with his Bloodlust spell.
... im pretty sure 100% rage trynd at lvl 5 will have ~ around 15-20% esp since they now start off with 4% due to offensive masteries. Maybe you are that dumb.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Dphat, fly out to san diego on Sunday and jungle for us :D

:phone:

D

Deleted member

sometimes I lane vs trynd and they crit me 3-4 times in a row after a spin, insta-****** me

usually I **** them later on though

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm the lvl 1 crit magnet.
I have, on multiple occasions, been double crit by Trynd at lvl 1 or 2 with a low fury bar.

I remember one game in particular I laned against a pirate who, throughout lane phase, never got a single crit on a minion. But every time save once that he used Parley to harass me, it was a crit. Among the dumbest lane phases I've ever played through.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Avoid all incoming damage, herpa derp.

That cd better be pretty long, b/c old counter CD was hella short. Depending on Cd he might be good jangler.

D

Deleted member

Return of the Jax?

Jax was one of the first top laners I learned and hes a bad ***, hope he makes a comeback

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Funny you mention your problems with the new jungle Mogwai, been feeling the same for a few days now and considering writing something up under the lines of 'so... new jungle... is going back a consideration?'

Jungle gets changed (then a slight buff) and all of a sudden 4 or so bans out of 6 are dedicated to junglers. Shaco wouldn't be as frustrating if he couldn't so easily abuse his early game through buff control (+red buff applying to single target spells). Warwick was completely castrated from the changes. The jungle now seems to be a lot more problematic than it was before, at least in solo queue conditions. Camping a lane is suddenly viable, buffs give [almost] a level of xp early, and sharing xp with a solo while ensuring the enemy can't do **** is stupidly strong.

Intended junglers like Olaf, Warwick, Trundle (although he's still strong, just very underused, but he has similar issues), Nunu (although the red buff change was great for him) aren't seen at all. Characters who were strong in the old jungle due to it producing a good income that would overcome their weak ganking/early game has all but gone. It's pretty much impossible to be god tier with Olaf by the 25-30 minute mark any more unless you're soloing top. People are using cheezy gank junglers (Maokai, Shaco) instead of Lee Sin for some bizarre reason.

Riot intended to 'nerf' jungler power, but all they did was make junglers permanent roamers. If the jungle was reverted, we would likely 'love' Nocturne again (an amazing farming jungler), Maokai/Shaco/Rammus/Skarner wouldn't be as cheesy (although rammus/skarner probably need adjustments). There may be reasons to use Warwick again. Dragon control would mean a lot more again (I may be off, but if I've gotten my top fed, while their top is completely ****ed and we've likely obtained a tower and our top is likely impossible to kill (Nidalee, Tryndamere, etc etc) is worth more than a dragon in a lot of cases....)

This new jungle makes me happy only for the case of Shyvana, who most definitely feels significantly stronger now than in the last jungle (even though she still had the fastest clear speed, her ganks were quite terrible [red buff change + camping lane strength alleviate that - she isn't giving up farm for ganks).

Riot intended the changes to make Jungling 'viable' for more characters, and intended for a jungler to choose whether or not to gank or keep farming, and not be able to do both without being put behind. I would say this has almost completely backfired.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
All these bad junglers posting their opinion about the jungle. I could rant about the jungle, but I finally found a comfort zone with it and no longer see any need to complain about the current jungle metagame.
Bad jungler? :(

I will say that I've become used to this current jungle, just like you (although yes, you're a better jungler than me), but I'm arguing the negative impacts it has brought onto the game.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Teach me how to jungle better dphat, no joke

Besides play skarner of course

:phone:

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Oh holy ****, MacD

Youre the guy we drove home when Zhu was like "lol idk how youre getting home"

Sup

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Its Ok Leacero you get blue all the time anyways, it doesn't matter. Plus Gragas Drinking broken

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i just found out red procs on karthus q after being fed double buff lvl 2

ggggggggggggggggggg

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
Gank blue buff or red early game, free kill + they dont get buff. /thread

Lol, I do this actually I i'm with a few people or even solo queue(just say "Gank blue"+ping) and its pretty legit. You might snare another kill if someone leashes for them. Its pretty funny when a Shaco walks into a bush with five enemy teamates and just dies instantly. This has worked multiple times I've tried, only problem is if they dont go to a buff once it spawns, normally they do though. Or they get your teams buff.

After you gank, just go back to your lanes, etc.

P.S 2 mid 2 gud. I've won every game that I've done it with a friend in Duo queue. I wish I was trolling.

jpak

Smash Lord
Will stream scrims at 10:20 pm EST for anyone interested.
Teams possibly playing against: Mindfreak Razer (WCG Australia Representative), RFLX Gaming, 4Nothing Gaming (Scy/paroL's team), and Spellsy's team

D

Deleted member

@dphat currently we do not have 5, philip hasnt logged on since new years

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer

I'm telling you guys, every game is like this.

There's nothing more I can do.

This game, we were blue side, so I took blue and then immediately ganked top for first blood. Then immediately went mid and got him to blow his flash, then took red, then killed mid. 2-0 start in less than 4 minutes.

Look how it ended up.

Top Bottom