• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Bad players also complain about kill stealing a lot. I've never cared, a kill's a kill. You should only complain about that if someone is clearly trying to steal all your kills.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Generally it doesn't matter who gets kills,
but I think early game, its best the support or junglers get the kills so they can get their bare minimum requirements as fast as possible and then be mostly self sufficient from there on.
(Like a support getting fb so they can get their gp5, junglers so they can get wiggles or a few base items/etc)

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Sometimes better safe than sorry.
"Hey, I did all the work and you kill steal."
"I cut off / intercepted his path of escape."

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
So I've been trying to use gp10 items on my junglers recently. I played Udyr today and went boots, philo, hog, wits end, fh, and then won game going like 6/1/6.

I felt really good about this game but I was also left at a loss, because it all came back to me getting the 2 gp10. I got a Frozen Heart for the enemy Vayne and Xin and it worked out phenomenally.

To be honest, ever since I started playing Skarner, I always rush Frozen Heart on my tanky junglers because I love to tower dive.

So basically, am I just crazy or do I have any knowledge behind what I am trying to do being super tanky for tower dives?

If I build hog to Radiums will I get the same tankyness that I would have with a Frozen Heart?

Also what should I do with the philo? Crown/Blessing?

Should I just sell the gp10?

I would really appreciate some insight so I can better my game.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Autolock last pick riven when we need an AD carry, takes her Q at level 5 and rushes zerker greaves.

I know this isnt most games, but **** **** gets old fast.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
This one time, I spotted some people qqing about me rushing a hextech revolver on pantheon.

I 1v5'd and carried the game.

And then pantheon got remade so I couldn't ult everywhere.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
And then I go ****in Sword of the Occult Janna and make bot lane ragequit because I **** on them

This game at 1250. I dont even know

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Generally it doesn't matter who gets kills,
but I think early game, its best the support or junglers get the kills so they can get their bare minimum requirements as fast as possible and then be mostly self sufficient from there on.
(Like a support getting fb so they can get their gp5, junglers so they can get wiggles or a few base items/etc)
I feel like an AD carry getting first blood would be better, for an early Doran's Blade to dominate the lane.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Jungler getting first blood/early level kill if possible is probably your best outcome overall.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
AD carry getting a fb pre-lane is pretty optimal, because coming into lane with dorans + boots + potions at bot is a pretttttttttttttttttty huge advantage (same applies to both top and mid though, :|). But otherwise, iono about you, but having my Sona able to spam q/w more often once the lanes under way is pretty ****ing awesome. Also it's generally fantastic if there's a reason for the enemy to focus the support over yourself.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
dphat's the best jungler you'll find on swf, ADs are impossible to find for some reason.
On a side note I am trying hard to become the best AD player if not just on SWF and will constantly work with supports 5's as I continue to play the role :) I've played exclusively AD's for the past 2-3 months only taking the occasional break with solo queue normals.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
try pressing shift+4 at least twice per creep wave. it's like a taunt-over-time that gradually makes your lane opponent more aggressive. note: this also works with lux
I have my laugh mapped onto one of my mouse buttons for this very reason

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer

Doesn't matter what I do. I'm telling you. These teams are going 0-5 in top 0-4 in jungle in like 13 minutes. I can't be roaming at minute 12 pre level 6 and leave soraka to get pushed on bot, right?

edit: these are all surrender losses at 20-25 minutes in. My deaths have all been after laning. Literally 0 deaths in lane this whole time, almost always starting out 1-0 or 2-0 but meanwhile everyone gets wrecked everywhere else.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

Doesn't matter what I do. I'm telling you. These teams are going 0-5 in top 0-4 in jungle in like 13 minutes. I can't be roaming at minute 12 pre level 6 and leave soraka to get pushed on bot, right?

edit: these are all surrender losses at 20-25 minutes in. My deaths have all been after laning. Literally 0 deaths in lane this whole time, almost always starting out 1-0 or 2-0 but meanwhile everyone gets wrecked everywhere else.
if it makes you feel any better, I'm in the middle of tanking my elo stupid hard right now. dropped something like 100 points over the course of the last 3 days. *shrugs* **** happens, you get some bad breaks and end up losing some games.

my new working theory is that you trick your team into thinking you're going to jungle by picking someone who can jungle like Lee Sin or Maokai and take smite, but then you just take a buff every once in awhile while actually laning top.

this game is so ****ing gay right now, jesus christ, wtb old jungle where I could punish a lane camper by getting a fast 6 on WW and then ****** the game while they're 2 levels beneath me. but no, there's just no ****ing downside to lane camping, it's not like anything other than buffs is worth **** in the jungle anymore and to the extent that it is, the scaling rewards mean you can ignore it for like 5 minutes and end up being rewarded for being a giant, lane-camping ****hole. :salt: :salt: :salt:

D

Deleted member

I think the best way to climb elo now is to pick a lame lane-camping jungler and just camp top. this game has gotten so ****ing obnoxious with the new jungle, I ****ing hate it.
agreed 100%

jpak

Smash Lord
i disagree that lane camping has no downsides.. there are many just no one takes advantage of it

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
In solo queue it has considerably less. A lot of people don't react appropriately to the sight of someone camping top (i.e. free dragons).

Top Bottom