• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Your ELO is really low right?

From what I remember playing low ELO or jungling at low ELO was more about completely MASSACRING one of their players, instead of trying to give other lanes leads to squander. I remember spending more time in the enemy jungle than ganking for anyone to completely shut down and demoralize their jungler, maybe get the team angry at each other. Once they have one wholly useless champ on their team, teamfights should be easier b/c, even if your team is slightly losing the other lanes, it will be like 4.25 vs 4.

TL;DR - Pick on the bad over and over and over again, reap the benefits.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
did he buy dem scaling AD runes on every slot too? that's the really important question.

I'm telling you guys, every game is like this.

There's nothing more I can do.

This game, we were blue side, so I took blue and then immediately ganked top for first blood. Then immediately went mid and got him to blow his flash, then took red, then killed mid. 2-0 start in less than 4 minutes.

Look how it ended up.
without even reading past "There's nothing more I can do," I can tell you you could've built a triforce instead of warmogs and done more. atmog's is a late game build, don't do that **** when your team is failing and you need a quick spike in power in order to impact the game more quickly. happy hunting!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's a thought.

Although, considering how bad we were getting wrecked, I'm confident it wouldn't have been a serious difference. We were down 4 towers before I even built my warmogs.

I had to tell the ashe to buy a bf sword. She rushd wriggles, and didn't play a ward all game. Not a single ward was played besides mine. I asked them half a dozen times to ward their lanes, but they wouldn't.

panth was auto attacking on bot so ashe couldn't farm, and panth only spoke portuguese so we couldn't tell him to stop.

fizz insisted on going mid and then failed. he said it wasn't his fault that he was a melee champion, and that's why he couldn't farm. 1. yes it was your fault you picked the character and called mid. and 2. you were laning against a YI who is also melee. And you got an easy start when I killed yi.

PX, yeah I stole their jungle's buffs 3 times early.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I've lately been trying to just go vayne every game in ranked. If i can't get her then i go for other carries or characters that just dominate lanes. That usually gives you enough farm and gold to pick on other lanes while leaving your lane so far behind they are negligible during team fights.

It works more often than not, and i feel like playing ranked and climbing ELO is just playing the odds that you'll carry/get carried/have a good team more often than having an unorganized team/troll.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I lose games with Twisted Fates going 1/15 and I don't complain in this thread every time

I'm proud of myself

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
^ Wave already accept the fact he's bad maybe everyone else should follow his example.
But in all seriousness, if you want to improve you should start recording your matches and review what you did right/wrong I know that helped me alot. Re-watching me playing games about 2 months ago, I can already see a significant difference in not only my play style but my play making and item builds.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
PX, yeah I stole their jungle's buffs 3 times early.
That's cute, but you don't seem to comprehend what I'm talking about.

Literally attack them nonstop. Make them wish they hadn't even played League for the day. Take their whole jungle and then proceed to kill them in their own jungle multiple times. Make them be half your level. You don't just steal a few things when they aren't looking, you go steal the things WHILE THEY ARE RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU, INCAPABLE OF STOPPING YOU FROM DOING SO. Pretend they are someone that you hate, and just harass over and over again.

You don't play safe/passive in low ELO, you go hard and you don't stop.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
That's cute, but you don't seem to comprehend what I'm talking about.

Literally attack them nonstop. Make them wish they hadn't even played League for the day. Take their whole jungle and then proceed to kill them in their own jungle multiple times. Make them be half your level. You don't just steal a few things when they aren't looking, you go steal the things WHILE THEY ARE RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU, INCAPABLE OF STOPPING YOU FROM DOING SO. Pretend they are someone that you hate, and just harass over and over again.

You don't play safe/passive in low ELO, you go hard and you don't stop.
Damn juan describing how I play every jungler.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
You guys aren't listening.

I'm not here saying "i suck I need to improve."
I'm pointing out how I'm playing really well and just lose constantly anyways.

I don't think improving is the answer.
I'm not playing passive. I'm making plays. But it's difficult to make plays when bad kids don't show up. I can't solo their whole team.

I can't just pick trynda so I CAN solo their whole team, because my teams all lose in 20 minutes. I have to play champs that can create leads early. So I'm playing Ahri mid (win every lane), pirate jungle (easy ganks, lots of first bloods, never dies), and vayne/sivir bot. Sivir is a mistake at this Elo, I think, since she doesn't have CC, and won't ever get a serious support to help set up boomerangs. I've gotten good at sticking them anyways, but when you don't have any help whatsoever, she can't solo win. Good CS means everyone else is losing their lanes. Ganks mean the mid laner won't help with your gank, and you miss cs anyways.

Any of you who have ever played with me know I'm not as bad as my Elo. But I'm one loss away from being sub 1000! That's ridiculous. I've never seen a 1400 player that I can't keep up with. I've played with plenty of 1600s that I think I'm better than. I was 1400 last season and I'm much better now than I was then.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
dude, if you think you're stuck in ELO hell, why are you still solo-queing? duo-queue yourself untill you get out of hell. then retry your solo-queue.

what phantomx said, too. if the reason why you're losing is because one of the players on your team is feeding and become absolutely obselete your focus should be the same. babysitting a bad player, imo, is just slowly preventing the inevitable but if u can prey on their weak links you'll become a powerhouse and remove one member from their team at the same time.

srsly dude, why arent u duo-queue'ing?

Leacero

Smash Lord
I've lately been trying to just go vayne every game in ranked. If i can't get her then i go for other carries or characters that just dominate lanes. That usually gives you enough farm and gold to pick on other lanes while leaving your lane so far behind they are negligible during team fights.

It works more often than not, and i feel like playing ranked and climbing ELO is just playing the odds that you'll carry/get carried/have a good team more often than having an unorganized team/troll.
where did you get your signature please i must know

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not duoing for several reasons:

Most of the people I play with are 1600+ and won't duo with me because of how much Elo they stand to lose.
Those who are 1300 (zolga, etc) quit duoing with me because they don't want to lose Elo when we get stuck with these kids, even though they should gain overall.

I don't know many people who are good and low Elo. (go ahead and laugh at that statement and call it ironic if you want.)

Someone want to duo with me and let me carry us both? I'm not asking for someone to carry me out, because I don't need carried. I just need people who are willing to not suck *** while they are on my team.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
-_-

you left out the part where your laners die because of that bait and you escape while calling them a baddie and laughing in their face.
This is how I got to my elo.

:phone:

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been learning soraka in normals, and she's super fun. But is supporting bad kids really going to get me wins at this elo?

Omni

BRoomer
well... i think u have two options..

1.) find someone on here who has elo similar to yours or who is willing to risk their elo to get you out. both of you **** with a jungle/mid/top combination or w/e.

2.) if u encounter a game where there was a really good player on your team add them and ask to duo. they will be in your elo.

duo-queue is seriously the best option for u so dont play another ranked until you get someone you know u can depend on to play with u

jpak

Smash Lord
every ad carry in NA is bad except for may be 10 of them (prolly less)
taric punishes mistakes harder than anyother support.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I've been learning soraka in normals, and she's super fun. But is supporting bad kids really going to get me wins at this elo?
When I play support, I pay attention to other lanes to find out who on my team sucks the least, and usually sneak over to their lane to support them when I see my Ezreal going 0/4.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
What's your Elo?

I'm not duoing for several reasons:

Most of the people I play with are 1600+ and won't duo with me because of how much Elo they stand to lose.
Those who are 1300 (zolga, etc) quit duoing with me because they don't want to lose Elo when we get stuck with these kids, even though they should gain overall.

I don't know many people who are good and low Elo. (go ahead and laugh at that statement and call it ironic if you want.)

Someone want to duo with me and let me carry us both? I'm not asking for someone to carry me out, because I don't need carried. I just need people who are willing to not suck *** while they are on my team.
:phone:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
dastrn, if you give me your login info ill get you higher

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
2.) if u encounter a game where there was a really good player on your team add them and ask to duo. they will be in your elo.
That's how I found that awful ashe. She was good in the game before that at mid with ahri, and then absolutely sucked *** the next game.

Someone commit like 5-6 games on your smurf to duo with me, and let's see what we can do.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Orianna, still good? Just played a game, and felt that my damage was still good enough to be a threat. I haven't played for a while so I don't know what the meta is like. I wasn't too fed early on, played smart and did a good gank top netting me a 3-0 score for the early/mid game.

Omni

BRoomer
i use orianna. she's still good. she feels more like a really strong ap support in teamfights but her bursts/disrupt is still extremely good coupled with most aoe ults. i feel like her laning phase may have decreased slightly, but overall i think she's top 5 ap mage at the moment.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Orianna, still good? Just played a game, and felt that my damage was still good enough to be a threat. I haven't played for a while so I don't know what the meta is like. I wasn't too fed early on, played smart and did a good gank top netting me a 3-0 score for the early/mid game.
no one likes her now, but I think she's still fine.

Top Bottom