• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
tf is stupid in soloqueue. I'm just glad so few people play him or I'd have to ban him over some other stupid ****.

solecalibur

Smash Master
tf is stupid in soloqueue. I'm just glad so few people play him or I'd have to ban him over some other stupid ****.
I feel like giving up with him honestly, Just had one of those games where I go 8/0 and rest of the team fails, might just keep trying but some matchups bother the crap outta me with TF

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel like giving up with him honestly, Just had one of those games where I go 8/0 and rest of the team fails, might just keep trying but some matchups bother the crap outta me with TF
If you're actually carrying and making good plays to get those 8 kills, that won't be the norm. You'll usually win if you know how to push your advantage with him.

Hax

Smash Champion
he's far better in arranged play. Destiny becomes so much better when you have a team that knows how to abuse it

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
I think tf better in solo que then arranged 5. Solo que players often don't factor in TF showing up when going for ganks. Regardless what ever tf can do, any other AP carry running teleport can do the same thing in almost every aspect. Not bashing on TF since I do think tf is a fine mid.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
^ Chuckled.

Hokay, I'm enjoying the colorblind palette so far. It was such an easy change, and it's all I needed. Glad they FINALLY got around to it.
Only complaint right now is that I need to turn up chat opacity on winter map.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I love playing yorick. He just seems weak to me after early game :/
But I laugh so hard when I did a game were I ulted our yi when he initiate and got like 3 quadra kill when he died.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yorick's strength comes from being very hard to gank, very sustainable, beats a lot of lanes and hard scales with your team's carry.

He's also very strong on purple team, as with a fast jungler he can combo through wolves, wraiths and red or minis before he loses more than 2-3 creeps at top. Can manage a 2.30ish non-blue clear with red @ 3 with most viable junglers.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'd say Blitz's grab is better, but there's a lot more room for error with a delayed skillshot than a targeted ability, so no one can actually use it perfectly.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Skarner has

1. very good jungle speed
2. very good 1v1ing
3. very good mobility for traversing the map
4. amazing utility with his aoe slows + ult
5. his ganking at any part of the game is pretty strong

Compare him to warwick. WW has 'sight of low health players' and 'aoe attack speed buff'

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Wait what? You were up last night, even though I fell asleep before you put it up.

You troll?
Carrying a whiny premade with Revive / Smite eve in one game was enough, I guess.

I don't really recall acting out in any cases prior to this but WHAT DO I KNOW, I didnt see the tribunal and Riot doesn't tell you exactly what got you suspended.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Shaya, you of all people should know how deadpan I am when I'm kidding. I know skarner is amazing, basically warwick that is better at... everything. And can actually gank prior to level 6.

Carrying a whiny premade with Revive / Smite eve in one game was enough, I guess.

I don't really recall acting out in any cases prior to this but WHAT DO I KNOW, I didnt see the tribunal and Riot doesn't tell you exactly what got you suspended.
They said that you got suspended for trolling?

I mean, I guess negative attitude is possible, but meh, they'd have to ban everyone if just being like "that's a bad build" is eligible for banning.

Submit a support ticket.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Can't remember the last game that somebody said, "report Rachmanin for X" because generally I don't flame, I don't afk, I don't feed unless everybody on my team is feeding due to getting ****stomped (or I try going bot against Graves with Twitch ;_; ). Sometimes my lane goes badly due to poor luck or my jungler deciding he would rather gank wraiths than an overextended Wukong, or my jungler feeds mid blue or whatever, but I don't start walking into turrets to end the game faster.

But then I also fully enjoy my mute function and if people are being chat babies then into the ignore list they go. So maybe people report the crap out of me and I'm not aware.

tl;dr, can't wait to get banned.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
does anyone know how you report match results in the alienware ladder?

D

Deleted member

its usually between ap per level seals and mana regen for most ap mids

ur pick, although n00bs (and people who prefer it) should go mana regen

john!

Smash Hero
why doesn't anyone use flat armor seals for solo mid? some of them start off with like 10 armor. you're gonna go into lane with 10 armor? and i can never go solo mid with 30 magic resist; i'll get exploded the instant they hit 6.

i feel like the reason i don't get fed off my lane is because i'm not a hugely aggressive ******* who stacks AP

D

Deleted member

flat armor doesnt make sense esp since most damage ur gunna take is magic its def lane dependent though or maybe ur doing some weird ap tanky dps build

also aggression is key to climbing elo, u want to pub stomp ur lane so hard your team wins or they lose enough morale and start playing the blame game, its usually easily pulled off upwards 1800+ elo unless they pick a truly boring lane sustainer, then its a lame farm fest

but u gotta do it right esp top lane

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Or pick a top laner that can bully the other (not necessarily straight up beat them) so that you draw the enemy jungler top repeatedly and then your team makes **** happen during that time.

Oh, and flat armor on everything but reds = strongest Riven top counter ever, haha. It's pretty much free lane win since almost all Rivens run flat AD and don't get any armor pen outside of brut.

I don't even know what the prompt was for that, but I find that's another way to be useful top lane w/o TP being necessary in solo q.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
why doesn't anyone use flat armor seals for solo mid? some of them start off with like 10 armor. you're gonna go into lane with 10 armor? and i can never go solo mid with 30 magic resist; i'll get exploded the instant they hit 6.

i feel like the reason i don't get fed off my lane is because i'm not a hugely aggressive ******* who stacks AP
most mids do magic damage only?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I think he is saying in a Usual set it it would be 2 casters Facing off so why would you need to really worry about Armor as much as you would need to worry about Magic Resist?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Right after Ahri hit in my 2nd game with some friends I ended up crashing 3 times when the screen would sort of just freeze with these sort of skinny blue S's being all over the screen (can still see the majority of the screen though).

I'm curious to if anyone else has had this happen to them. When I get home I'm going to try updating my video card and see if that fixes it. I feel like either my video card conveniently broke right when the patch hit or the patch sort of broke my game. The first game I played after the patch was fine though, so I'm not really sure what's wrong just yet.
Just a FYI, it was my graphics card, replaced and fixed!

Colorblind Mode... Riot is a pretty cool company sometimes.

I actually recommend that people try colorblind mode even if not colorblind. Colors are actually pretty cool.

also aggression is key to climbing elo, u want to pub stomp ur lane so hard your team wins or they lose enough morale and start playing the blame game, its usually easily pulled off upwards 1800+ elo unless they pick a truly boring lane sustainer, then its a lame farm fest
but u gotta do it right esp top lane
Do you have any good ways of recognizing when your strong and can be aggressive in lane? I feel like the only champs I know to be aggressive with occasionally are Ezreal and Tristana.

Sometimes I feel like I'm missing something in terms of just knowing stuff like "ok he has double dorans, if trading he will do 80 dmg AA vs w/e I have for AD" to know how even the trades are.

jpak

Smash Lord
He plays on complexity, and I wouldn't be interested even if he wasn't on a team.

Top Bottom