• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What do I do with the cloth armor on jungle Mao? Aegis, Frozen Heart, or Randuin's?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Get Nocturne for learning jungling.

He can go for early ganks or do a level 6 route. You'll learn how to counterjungle and gank from the good gank spots, etc, etc. He can do it all.

edit: nvm, didnt see the 1350 stipulation. Why not save up for the better junglers? None of those you listed are that great imo, cept fiddles against/with some teams.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
So I can afford a 1350 IP champ, and I really want a jungler. Amumu, Cho, Fiddle, Trynd, or WW?
You need to be more specific. They all do different things for teams. It sounds like you're asking if those champs can jungle, but I don't think that's it.

Also put up Master Yi on that list.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If only the meta didn't require stupid Mid AP mages getting blue buff constantly rather than mother ****ing master yi who is god tier with blue buff.
SORRY SON, I WANT MY 105 AD STEROID, 80% ATTACK SPEED AND MY ALPHA STRIKE ALWAYS READY TO CAST.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
:urg:

no

no

no

no

no

If you ever, EVER, think to yourself, "I would like to run AD Marks and ArPen Quints," you are wrong, plain and ****ing simple. 3 ArPen Quints = 6 ArPen Marks. 3 AD Quints > 7 AD Marks. In other words, AD Marks and ArPen Quints is STRICTLY WORSE than 6 ArPen Marks, 3 AD Marks and AD Quints, assuming that you just want 10 ArPen.

The science behind balancing AD and ArPen is stupidly difficult because you can't know exactly how your opponents will spec or how you'll have to prioritize targets in game, but basically, now that people are smartening up enough to open with wriggle's in lane and spec flat armor seals vs. AD lanes as opposed to using cookie cutter builds with stupidly low base armors, I think speccing all out ArPen is usually going to be better short of strong AD scaling because it's actually pretty rare for even a ranged carry or support to have less than 31 armor by level 5, thus eliminating the case where ArPen is wasted due to too low armor.

holy run on sentence Batman!

Anyway, I dunno, I'll probably pull together a spreadsheet and do some analysis later, but that's where my head's been at when I'm thinking of how to spec offensively these days.
Well ****.
I am screwed.

MacD

Banned via Administration
yes, just got DC'd during a ranked game and couldn't reconnect so i tried to relog, and now i can't log in/it won't load

yay riot

more ELO lost for no reason :(

now i'm stuck eternally patching because for some reason it just keeps getting stuck partway through.

edit: lmao, i get into game, we are sorta up, then we lost the next 3 team fights somehow even though we now had 5

then we lose, sad days, kinda funny but sad because we were on track to win before i DC'd

/coolstorybro

Orion*

Smash Researcher
It's your mouse cursor. The game buffers where you cursor is when you press flash and ult. I saw Orion rage about this on stream. He "afk-ed" at fountain waiting for his ult to come up and test it. He said it had something to do with your mouse cursor before/after the flash.
:embarrass:

different orion?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He meant Onion but he only got half the n out

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I love you and I miss you. <3

@MacD :
Lol, still not worse than losing 3v5 because your team was 4 BRs who didn't want to push and you playing first time Vlad.
-DD
I lost a 3v5 once. Their team had Akali and Tryndamere and our Ashe was facechecking bushes.

I've never facepalmed harder.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Depends on what you want, Wave.

Assassin? Noc/Lee Sin. Maybe Fiddle.
Counter jungler? Shaco, Nunu
Utility? Amumu. Easily counter jungled.
Bruiser? Udyr. Tryn.

:phone:

john!

Smash Hero
It's your mouse cursor. The game buffers where you cursor is when you press flash and ult. I saw Orion rage about this on stream. He "afk-ed" at fountain waiting for his ult to come up and test it. He said it had something to do with your mouse cursor before/after the flash.
yeah i tested it a few times last night, you have to wait a split second after you flash before ulting, you can't just hit FR immediately like i had been doing

Radium88

Smash Lord
If I want to use Sona in Dominion, what build would be best for her?

Or Annie? I usually do the same build for her but I don't know if there are other items that are better for Dominion. Moonflair? Is Priscilla's worth it on her?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
MLG Providence starts today at 2?

inb4 TSM vs. Scumbagnitas finals.
I'll probably watch that later tonight.

I'm watching the Girls4LoL tournament, and it's hilarious.
"First pick Cait, because every girl plays Cait."
"What champs do you play? I play Lux and Annie for my AP Mids."
"I can support bot with Sona or Soraka."

-DD

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Every single character in the game should build Priscilla's Ring Thinger for Dominion. Until they add more cap-time items, it is by far the best item in Dominion.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
why would you watch missy, she is the epitome of "bad player who got carried to high elo"
Because it was funny, and it was a trainwreck of an Akali.
Her jungler tells her she's going to come gank Cho, and she's like "Okay." and proceeds to push the wave all the way to the tower. When the jungler *****es about her making her waste time going up there, she says that the lane isn't that pushed.

Their AP mid was a Heimer that seemed pretty legit. Bombsss, and whatnot.

-DD

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Fiddle jungling so good.

Incredibly quick leveling with the potential of getting a level 5 dragon (with blue buff of course), and dem ganks, 2gud.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
That ending was kind of silly.
Rofl

How much do they make per commercial per viewer?

$0.01 x 24,000 x9 = $2160 in 270 seconds.

Assuming 1 cent per commercial per viewer.
-DD

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Every single character in the game should build Priscilla's Ring Thinger for Dominion. Until they add more cap-time items, it is by far the best item in Dominion.
I must disagree here. It costs 1600 gold, and you get health regen and a slight movespeed boost active. Building this item really sets you back in terms of fighting ability.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I must disagree here. It costs 1600 gold, and you get health regen and a slight movespeed boost active. Building this item really sets you back in terms of fighting ability.
Wow, it's like the other passive doesn't exist or something.

Also, movespeed is by far the most powerful stat on that map.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
2 seconds of of +30% MS isn't that fantastic.
2 seconds of 30% MS on a small map where the point is to get to and control objectives combined with a significant increase in cap speed, as well as health regen for increased staying power when holding a node or moving between them, increasing time you're on the field and not at the pool.

Stick to SR if you don't understand why this item is the best item in Dominion globally. And, if you really want to play Dominion and you don't get why this item is amazing, look at every other game that contains point control and look at the specializations / classes that excel at them.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Okay, I will admit that the active will get you to a point at most 2 seconds faster, which means you have 2 more nexus points (unless you're already ahead, in which case you don't actually need to capture points).

Man. Two points.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Okay, I will admit that the active will get you to a point at most 2 seconds faster, which means you have 2 more nexus points (unless you're already ahead, in which case you don't actually need to capture points).

Man. Two points.
This is the same type of person who dies to raid mechanics and wonders why I tell them to put 8% movespeed on their boots.

Top Bottom