• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
When you said "them ashes" I assumed you meant characters like Ashe / Cait / Trist which require little to no input other than autoattacking.
Oh, I should have explained. I meant "Ashes" to mean champs with no direct gap closer/escape. All the squishy champs like her are gonna take a big hit when flash is nerfed, ghost is buffed indirectly as a result, and cleanse is buffed to remove exhaust. I'm predicting a massive surge in Bruiser/tanky dps/MELEE DEEPZ comps, basically.

And what Zac said.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Isn't kiting with a ranged champ like ashe as simple as a-moving between your attacks...?

To be fair I don't know since I've come to the conclusion that I dislike ranged carries as they bore me.

EDIT: Riven become OP? How is she already not?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@Thio: Well, you'll have to right click the enemy as you run, then right click where you're going, rinse repeat etc.

@Dphat: More, it needs more nerfing.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Isn't kiting with a ranged champ like ashe as simple as a-moving between your attacks...?
Consider you are team fighting in a lane with minions. Eeek. You cant A-move or you will miss crucial attacks on champs.

Consider there is a tank between you and their squishy ashe. The tank isn't focusing you, but its blocking you from just a-moving to kite their ranged carry.

Remember, A-move attacks the closest thing to you when you issue the command. It's not necessarily easy mode.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Ignite is pretty terrible. A lot of champions have easy ways to avoid letting it kill them.

EDIT: @Zac: I honestly can't think of many situations where somebody has kited in such a way that the closest thing isn't the enemy they're kiting after maybe 2-3 move commands tops. A character like Ashe is pretty ****ed if 2-3 people are on her in a situation without a single peel for too long from what I've seen.

I also haven't seen much of Ashe recently.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It is annoying. So instead of fighting that dude in top lane who has it, I teleport to dragon and win 4v5 and get global gold for my team. :D

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Ashe still my best carry, my arrows so amazing.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Ashe is my best AD carry because I don't own any others except Trist and her early game is ****

I don't even ****ing have Cait yet, still yelling at the customer support guys about my e-mag

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I did enjoy Cait a bit when I played her mid, taking towers at 7 minutes, poking like a *****.

Jungle / top is so much more fun though.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ignite is good on some burst champs, other than that I can't think of anyone I would take it on.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
What do you guys rank ashe on the range ad?
She's probably going to be the highest utility you can get out of a ranged carry, but in terms of damage she's lower than every option (not taking into consideration things like her slow allowing you to attack a fleeing target for longer).

Her popularity waxes and wanes according to the rest of the meta, imo. If a lot of people are playing divers and assassins, Ashe tends to get picked less due to her need for major babysitting. If traditional tanks with initiation are picked less, Ashe gets picked more often so that teams have an initiation option. Stuff like that.

It's never a bad idea to learn Ashe, really. She's always going to have a buttload of utility, and she works really well with some comps.

jpak

Smash Lord
Ashe is my best AD carry because I don't own any others except Trist and her early game is ****

I don't even ****ing have Cait yet, still yelling at the customer support guys about my e-mag
trist early game is good.. she just has a weak midgame

My honest opinion... solo que ashe is the worst range carry, in arranged 5 shes top 3 (if not the best).
yepp but 100% dependent on the ashe being good, if good arrows dont hit shes a regular AD carry

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
They should makes Ashe's passive be, her crit chance increases until she gets a crit instead of until she attacks.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I am really trying to learn Shaco (jungle, obv) because I feel like he'd be really fun to be good at / once you get good at him you can roll through games. Any tips?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So I can afford a 1350 IP champ, and I really want a jungler. Amumu, Cho, Fiddle, Trynd, or WW?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I already know the fundamentals. I've got a (slowish) route down with Noc and Mao, and didn't too badly with Fiddle when he was free.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Her passive was kinda the thing that let her handle some solo lanes... now she's always duo its one of the worst passives and does **** all.

Cait's passive is pretty much a better version of ashe's bar some minute exceptions.
Those minute exceptions include support ashe with talon bot.

Top Bottom