• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'm pretty sure Olaf's ult already worked on surpression too, since there's that bug with it and Urgot's ult, which is also a surpression. So I don't know why it wouldn't still work on surpression after the change.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Response to post a little while back: Wukong's Q doesn't scale. It's just base damage + 30% armor reduction, buuuuuuut, his already insanely broken early game is going to crack League in half.

Meanwhile, in Shaco-land, this game won't be fun anymore.

Also, QSS and orange were always designed to combat suppression, iirc. QSS can even stop ignite.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
The best bet they can have for decoy is that you can move it around for 2-3 second to at least be a decent decoy.

Like start a team fight with a fake Wukong and stuff.

jpak

Smash Lord
you can qss suppression stuff, ignite, and everything else you mentioned. you can qss poppy's dmg amplifier but not the shield effect.

karthus ult isnt removed

My second advice would be to sit down and think about which role you play best. There is no player out there that can play every role at top level.
YUPYUP
no i play all role ppl ok ty

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Or you could fake your opponent out by just suddenly standing still, then running away while they try to find you.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
They should take a lesson from Halo: Reach and make it to where WuKong's clone runs forward until the stealth wears off. It would actually work, then!
I feel like in some situations it would be better as is, but in many, this would be a great idea. Either way, just getting rid of the shown mana cost on the clone is good enough news for me.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Make clone continue doing that Wukong does? If you stop and then use clone, it stays still, but if you use it while moving, it moves?

john!

Smash Hero
i can't wait for malzahar free week. he has the ideal traits for solo queue:

- takes mid lane
- farms waves quickly for little mana
- ganks like a boss
- snowballs easily
- has high damage output

i'm just worried that he might be too team reliant lol =/

john!

Smash Hero
Uh You know plays exactly like malzahar but easier and better, Sion....
sion has that great afk-easymode-instafarm style that i like and he's great at ganking. probably gonna play him more
but in the past few days i've heard people complaining about sion. i only called his FOTM-ness a few days in advance instead of the usual few months :p

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Then why play Malz during free week instead of just buying him and playing him before he's free? People tend to catch on to sleeper fotm stuff during free weeks. Kog'Maw, for instance.

It just makes more sense to buy someone who's sleeper fotm beforehand. And then the entire time that you're playing them, try and think of one or two more that you'd be good with. That way, when others start to figure out the one you're using you can jump off the bandwagon before the nerf and jump right on another sleeper fotm.

Or you could just wait until free week. Either works.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Sion is just solo queue OP. He is counterable and if you have good ward coverage his ganks are a lot less effective. He is no Graves, who is full on raging OP.

:phone:

john!

Smash Hero
Then why play Malz during free week instead of just buying him and playing him before he's free? People tend to catch on to sleeper fotm stuff during free weeks. Kog'Maw, for instance.

It just makes more sense to buy someone who's sleeper fotm beforehand. And then the entire time that you're playing them, try and think of one or two more that you'd be good with. That way, when others start to figure out the one you're using you can jump off the bandwagon before the nerf and jump right on another sleeper fotm.

Or you could just wait until free week. Either works.
because he's 6300 ip and i'm scared to drop that much ip without trying him first :c

jpak

Smash Lord
graves not as crazy op as you guys make it sound. he is op yes but far from like omgomg

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
FOTM = Flavor of the Month = 2gud and everyone knows it, or notrly but everyone thinks it

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No kinda

Flavor of the month is the sudden influx in popularity of a character usually because of a recent performance in the higher elos that got attention. Sion recently for example is a good example. Before the recent tourney where Dyrus played him, NO one was really paying Sion much attention. He got nerfed awhile back, other gay **** came out, and he was mostly forgotten. Now Dyrus comes along, goes basically godlike, and now everyone and their grandma wants to use Sion. Despite being nearly the same champ as before, he went from 1-100 games to 1-20 or higher.

Old Malphite where he would go top lane, Shaco on and off, Jax, Gragas, etc. Revive Eve looool.

If you see a champ occasionally, then all of a sudden next week/month he's the talk of the town, you've found a FOTM.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
No kinda

Flavor of the month is the sudden influx in popularity of a character usually because of a recent performance in the higher elos that got attention. Sion recently for example is a good example. Before the recent tourney where Dyrus played him, NO one was really paying Sion much attention. He got nerfed awhile back, other gay **** came out, and he was mostly forgotten. Now Dyrus comes along, goes basically godlike, and now everyone and their grandma wants to use Sion. Despite being nearly the same champ as before, he went from 1-100 games to 1-20 or higher.

Old Malphite where he would go top lane, Shaco on and off, Jax, Gragas, etc. Revive Eve looool.

If you see a champ occasionally, then all of a sudden next week/month he's the talk of the town, you've found a FOTM.

Ok if im correct then

Mord, Xin before their nerf and Akali and singed are FOTM, too.

Yea I saw the stream with Dyrus Sion and I was wondering were they all came from xD

To bad people are bad at using him :/

Wrath`

Smash Master
Whats a FOTM?

Renekton needs a tweak because Tryns passive is far superior then his.

His rage is outdated.
As an AD caster Renekton's passive does its job well, it gives a burst boost as Renekton is usually bursting his AD. Tyrdn's on the other hand works better the more you slap people with his sword, he doesn't burst down so his passive works well with him.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
As an AD caster Renekton's passive does its job well, it gives a burst boost as Renekton is usually bursting his AD. Tyrdn's on the other hand works better the more you slap people with his sword, he doesn't burst down so his passive works well with him.
Yes but considering tryn is an auto attacker and the rage system works better on him with the creep kills,Crit making his gain rage faster and lower cool down on spin, a decent heal, his ult gives him auto 100 rage while Ren only goes for his q w e. Also, his R stacks rages and doesn't just give him 100 at the start.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Yes but considering tryn is an auto attacker and the rage system works better on him with the creep kills,Crit making his gain rage faster and lower cool down on spin, a decent heal, his ult gives him auto 100 rage while Ren only goes for his q w e. Also, his R stacks rages and doesn't just give him 100 at the start.
If Renekton could farm rage as fast as Trynd, he would be a bit broken as he'd melt everyone's armor constantly. I wish I had 50 rage W every time I hit W, but in early game I'd just rip apart any melee champ. then give me Q and E and well, heh.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
If Renekton could farm rage as fast as Trynd, he would be a bit broken as he'd melt everyone's armor constantly. I wish I had 50 rage W every time I hit W, but in early game I'd just rip apart any melee champ. then give me Q and E and well, heh.
Ren so fun to use :/

I heard at one point they nerf rammus taunt and had to revert it back because he became useless.
But why did they keeps fiddle fear?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Sion is just solo queue OP. He is counterable and if you have good ward coverage his ganks are a lot less effective. He is no Graves, who is full on raging OP.

:phone:
Wait, you mean a character who completetly trails off MIDGAME if he doesnt get fed is only a soloqueue stomper?

gtfo

Top Bottom