• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Post link to updates, too lazy to search for it myself.
Also, played against Karthus mid with Twitch. Not sure if he was just bad or what but I dominated.

>Never usually takes mid since someone else does/normally a not mid champion takes it for some odd reason.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wait,
what the ****.

They're nerfing box damage...
**** MY LEVEL 3 2 MINUTE JUNGLE PATH.

On the plus side... faster jitbs, a return to his old jitb plant range and I'm thinking his ultimate now procs the slow on shiv?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Oh, they're nerfing the damage? I didn't hear that part. TAKE YOUR HUE'S BACK WHENCE THEY CAME, AUSSIE.

But hey, you have utility now, probably better.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Oh, they're nerfing the damage? I didn't hear that part. TAKE YOUR HUE'S BACK WHENCE THEY CAME, AUSSIE.

But hey, you have utility now, probably better.
I'm already good enough with timing jitbs to think a reduction in damage for a little bit of easier usage may not be worth it, but we'll see.

If his level 1 damage on boxes stay the same, then he's fine in my eyes I guess... I never jitb nested anything anyway and its pretty much the scrub/pubstomp way to play him.
And by jitb nest, I mean jitb nesting random spots hoping someone walks by. Jitb nesting dragons, barons and buffs / jungle entrances\exits is very very very very very strong at the moment. Guerrilla warfare shaco may be a goner now :(

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
What I think they're intending is that you can drop a box in the middle of a fight and have it pop pretty quickly w/o getting AoEd down or something. Meaning you'd have teamfight utility, and not just be able to cut off escapes or certain space.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
jitbs will still die instantly from aoe if he plants one down during aoe that is happening...

Timing and positioning was pretty key to playing shaco in team fights, which he has been fully capable of doing ever since jitbs stopped dying to aoe that can't see it.

I appreciate all buffs the guy gets, but reducing his complexity + skill cap for easymodo can obviously go wrong.
But considering its guinsoo doing it, it always goes wrong, then next patch they give a number buff and next thing you know FP/OP/FB for 4 months as they slowly nerf him back down.

john!

Smash Hero
Should Karthus ult before or after the team fight?
ult after the team fight UNLESS

- the initiation is guaranteed in the next few seconds (e.g. the other team is doing baron and your team is going to stop them). this also means that your enemy will use their shields/heals to counter the ult, and your team NEEDS to capitalize on that or else the enemy's cooldowns will come back up

- if you plan on dying, you're able to be useful for most of your passive. good enemies will usually walk out of your range once you die, which is why you spend the last three seconds ulting and not laying waste.

ulting before the team fight does have its benefits though. a karthus ult to all 5 of them is better than a karthus ult once two of them are already dead.

Post link to updates, too lazy to search for it myself.
Also, played against Karthus mid with Twitch. Not sure if he was just bad or what but I dominated.

>Never usually takes mid since someone else does/normally a not mid champion takes it for some odd reason.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1418722

also a good karthus will dominate twitch =/

john!

Smash Hero
It's good if you're on the other side of the map and a fight is about to start that you ult first.
good point, but split-push karthus is kind of dumb because your other spells serve you extremely well in a team fight and it's much better to be there in person.

but yeah, if i'm doing blue and my team starts a fight, or if i'm in lane and my jungler ganks bottom lane (with the potential for killing both of them), then i will ult

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Ooooh dat Olaf buff.
So what exactly stops Olaf from crushing your carry now?
I still think he needs a little buff in the jungle though to really be back up to competitive standards.

jpak

Smash Lord
didnt watch preview but whatever wukong's buff is will make him really strong

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Just means you gotta position and protect the carry more. He still doesn't have a gap closer or a lunge, he still has to physically walk to people. Just can't hold him down with an ez mode taric stun anymore lol.

Wukong: Im wondering what exactly they are tweaking. If it's just Decoy not being janky, or 10 more AS on Nimbus, won't really change much. But if his Q gets more AD scaling or a lot of base, he's gonna be annoying. Also don't know if they were gonna buff his passive or not. The way they talked about him in the preview was vague.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
WW it's k take this GP he will feed you limones and calzones

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
This Olaf change might make him too strong, I fear. :(
**** Shaco, he should stay garbage. STOP BUFFING HIM RIOT!
Wukong already pretty decent. Any buffs are gonna make him an even better pick. Hope they don't overdo it...
Yay for Graves nerf. May not be enough tho.

That about sums up my thoughts bout the preview. :o

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I am no where near your level though man. I could see you succeeding by yourself no problem. Im just average man, I dunno do you have any tips?

I naturally fall under that leadership role but talking only gets so much done for me, I tell people exactly whats about to happen and what they should do, and they either dont do it or do it wrong and feed.

I went 8 and 0 by 20 minutes in my last game and we lost. Its been a real depressing night haha.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I can't wait for my Monkey buffs to get here!

Sososo excited.

Also, Olaf: I think if they reduce the duration of his ult more than 2 secs at max lvl, it's not a buff.
I would consider it a pretty big buff still.
A cleanse + 8 second CC immunity would be hella OP. A cleanse with 5 sec CC immunity is still incredibly strong. You can't really bait out his ult effectively anymore which is going to be very strong for Olaf. He doesn't have to use his ult until he has already started to march towards your carry and you tried to CC him in response. You are either dying or blowing summoners. Either way Olaf comes out on top.
His jungle is still a little shakey though. There are other junglers that can rival him in speed, and the problem with Olaf is that he has to get low on health to maximize his speed where as others don't. He's just naturally more dangerous than other jungles if you disrupt him during his initial clear. imo at least.

MacD

Banned via Administration
LMFAO, I think solo que a better experience when you climb by yourself. TBH i've had more success soloing then duoing in my climb.
^^^^^^^^^^

duoing can be/is fun and a way to help you climb a bit

but you learn a lot about this game solo

i went from 1300 up to 1450 down to 1320 up to 1450, stayed mid-low 1400 then got myself up to 1600 pretty steadily

it's very possible. you just have to learn how solo queue works. it's different than arranged 5's but makes you really good at seeing everything as a whole. i got a lot better from solo queue

john!

Smash Hero
0-4 today.

best k/d/a on my team twice

second best the other two times

i'm now reporting every feeder on my team, i've reported over 10 people today

i come back to league after a few days break... for this ****?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Hmmm. I didn't consider the bait aspect of Olaf changes.
Factoring that you cannot bait it out anymore changes what I think, really.

I'm... so glad... that Graves's passive is getting nerfed.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i just lost a game

at one point like level 8 or 9, i went to my red buff and say shaco deceive

he ults and my choices were fight and lose, or run and lose but maybe get help from teammates

i chose the 2nd one, died, then got like crap help and my teammates died

i wish shaco would become unviable again, he's soooooooo just stupid

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
I am no where near your level though man. I could see you succeeding by yourself no problem. Im just average man, I dunno do you have any tips?

I naturally fall under that leadership role but talking only gets so much done for me, I tell people exactly whats about to happen and what they should do, and they either dont do it or do it wrong and feed.

I went 8 and 0 by 20 minutes in my last game and we lost. Its been a real depressing night haha.
I got a few advice for anyone looking to climb the solo queue ladder.
My first advice, accept that you're going to lose some games. You can't win them all, the moment you are able to realize this the better off you'll be. Don't get stuck on past losses regardless of how heartbreaking they were, when you re-queue, it's a new game, a fresh start, so shake off those losses.
My second advice would be to sit down and think about which role you play best. There is no player out there that can play every role at top level. So sit down and think about which champions you're best with and why. Moment you are able to figure out your strengths, you then should be able to realize what you're weakest at and be able to improve on it.
My last advice for any player trying to climb, ALWAYS WARD. The more you know, the less likely you'll be surprised. I don't care if you aren't support or jungling, everyone should be able to afford a couple of wards throughout a 30 minute game. So don't be lazy, or don't blame the support for not being able to ward up your lane, 75g is a small price to pay to avoid death.

OH YEAH, ALWAYS PING, I don't care how annoying it is, but if you see an enemy champion in ward vision, ping the **** out of him so people know what's going on. Alot of players have no map awareness, so that annoying sound should be able to grab their attention so that they don't get ****ed up.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
fun fact my name is thomas and i went to a school called m.u.s. so when my dad called me tom-moose and started saying that i went to moose school, he just started calling me moose

so my dad calls me moose thats not too far from ramoose

Top Bottom