• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Octave

Smash Ace
Just had two incredible games in a row.

In one of them their Fiddlesticks was 18 by 23 minutes (somehow) and started faceroll ganking everybody. We had no turrets down and they had three or four already. Teamfight at Dragon, focused Fid, rocked the rest, rushed baron and it was pretty much GG after that.

The other one, they had somewhere around 35 kills to our 10, we killed one turret and they were killing inhibitors. Again, somehow we rocked them in teamfights, got baron and rushed their nexus. Had a 10 killing spree in that one :)

I love kennen <3

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I just had two glorious turnarounds in solo ranked in ELO hell.

Both games I was Jungle Brolaf. At level 4 they had warded our golem and ganked me - They got FB on them but we landed two kills. Ten minutes later, no towers but they were 7 kills ahead, right as I finished Stark's and the teamfight phase started. We then went on to get four towers in about three minutes and utterly dominate them.

The second game was worse - They had Malphite and Gallio and we didn't have a tank. Until about 25 minutes in our Gragas never did anything in teamfights, yet we kept them to a 10-kill lead, though we had no towers. me and Kog slowly started multipushing with me tanking towers and him blitzing them, and we eventually won teamfights and went on to ace them for the game.

Moral? Play Brolaf, dominate people with true damage.

john!

Smash Hero
^ you lucky *** mother ****er.

matchmaking hates me. when i say "hates" i mean that i almost cry with joy whenever i meet another person who buys wards.

matchmaking is about to make me leave this ****ing game and never return. if any of you in this thread had any ****ing idea what i have to go through.

Dekar173

Justice Man

matchmaking hates me. when i say "hates" i mean that i almost cry with joy whenever i meet another person who buys wards.

matchmaking is about to make me leave this ****ing game and never return. if any of you in this thread had any ****ing idea what i have to go through.
Buy some friends.

Play with them.

Seriously though screw solo queue, I have no clue how you guys can handle it. >.>

fkacyan

Smash Hero
When I'm in the mood and my friends aren't on, lol.

Plus at 1150 olaf can win teamfights by himself with enough farming

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Meaningless rant as you completely ignore what I said
Do you really want to start something? I haven't been posting much because of how much hate people seem to throw at me, but this is just too easy to pick apart. Grow up Odin. I specifically said my self-label of "semi-pro" was a misnomer that I use when I talk to people who don't know anything about Halo:CE. When I was talking with you I specifically clarified that I "was good" but "nowhere close to the pros."

Grow up.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Played a game with one of my friends who new. I bought Leviathan first, then Warmogs, some Sunfire Capes, and a Guardian Angel.

6k Health Garen that takes 15% less damage and auto-revives =D

In retrospec I should have built movement speed.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord

I know the feeling.
I know Zac saw my ranting last night.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Another great low Elo game, this time as Mundo.

I GO WHERE I PLEASE... And cleaver kids for 1/8 their hp.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Anyone got builds for nidalee? Think she's my favourite champion. She's sooooo fast with three movement quints on her.

I've tried a couple of builds now, but settled on AP. I get boots of swiftness and lich bane, then either zhonya's or rylai's sceptre. The game is usually over after that.

I can never tell if it's efficient use of my gold though.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
The standard Nidalee build is D-Ring -> boots -> Guinsoo's Rageblade -> Merc Treads/Sorc Shoes -> Lichbane. There's also a marginally popular tankier build that looks similar... D-Shield -> boots -> Guinsoo's Rageblade -> Merc Treads/Ninja Tabi -> some combination of Randuin's Omen, Banshee's Veil and Guardian Angel.

So yea, AP based is best and the 1 constant is GRB because it's absurdly efficient at max stacks, which Nidalee can keep up at all times really easy by just spamming pounce if nothing else.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Anyone got builds for nidalee? Think she's my favourite champion. She's sooooo fast with three movement quints on her.

I've tried a couple of builds now, but settled on AP. I get boots of swiftness and lich bane, then either zhonya's or rylai's sceptre. The game is usually over after that.

I can never tell if it's efficient use of my gold though.
Core build is alway Rageblade. Some people like bizarre-*** AD builds to maximize cat DPS (This uses Triforce over LB), but that makes you **** at your actual role, which is support. AP with Lich Bane makes you a force to be reckoned with as far as both human and cat form go.

Nidalee's main strength is her ability to dominate mid-game. Late game you should transition to trapping / warding the map, killing runners, and keeping your AS carries buffed with your heal's AS buff.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Core build is alway Rageblade. Some people like bizarre-*** AD builds to maximize cat DPS (This uses Triforce over LB), but that makes you **** at your actual role, which is support. AP with Lich Bane makes you a force to be reckoned with as far as both human and cat form go.

Nidalee's main strength is her ability to dominate mid-game. Late game you should transition to trapping / warding the map, killing runners, and keeping your AS carries buffed with your heal's AS buff.
You forgot one thing- pooshing. She loves poosh.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Screw Elementz. I ****ing hate how Gragas is a flavor now. He is first pick on every team and they are all SO BAD its just ****ing painful to watch.

They seriously need to nerf the **** out of locket so I can get my underplayed main back.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Five wins in solo ranked queue in a row now. Olaf / Mundo for god tier solo queue characters?

Olaf's jungle speed with Smite is absurd.

ETA: Make that six.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Nothing like losing some games to make you feel like you suck. But then you warm up and stomp people with Evelynn. I should play more than once a week, being rusty is lame. But Minecraft is so good :(

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Sharing sentiments with SamuraiPanda here. Really bummed Gragas is flavor of the month. I've really enjoyed playing him and people being surprised at how dangerous I am with him. Now when I play him, people go "oh yeah, ANOTHER Gragas" as if I'm on the bandwagon with all the other sheeple out there.

:(

fkacyan

Smash Hero
How do you think I felt when carriedshotgg picked up akali? A lot of camps go through fotm phases, just like classes in wow.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
This game is 0% fun without friends to play with.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
What's up with all the people buying Warmogs on Sivir? Do they actually think warmogs+atmas is a good combo to go for on a carry?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Lol (no pun intended) at the people who's characters are being played and that bums them out. My best characters are Warwick and Tristana. Why do you think I play so much Jungle Karthus?

What's up with all the people buying Warmogs on Sivir? Do they actually think warmogs+atmas is a good combo to go for on a carry?
Yes, yes they do.

It's actually better on Sivir than most characters because it's harder to burn her down with magic due to her spellshield. You do need some lifesteal with it to make it a decent build, though.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Because 90% of the time it's very good on her. 50% of those times it's good enough to start building before your BF Sword.

You try taking down a hero with 1.8 AS, 20% leech, 200 AD, and 3.3k life, coupled with 120 armour and 85 mres. Who can also run over 100 ms faster than you. And can block that one critical CC spell you need to catch up.

[Edit] But Atma's is garbage. On Sivir, it's so inferiour to BT it's a joke.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because 90% of the time it's very good on her. 50% of those times it's good enough to start building before your BF Sword.

You try taking down a hero with 1.8 AS, 20% leech, 200 AD, and 3.3k life, coupled with 120 armour and 85 mres. Who can also run over 100 ms faster than you. And can block that one critical CC spell you need to catch up.

[Edit] But Atma's is garbage. On Sivir, it's so inferiour to BT it's a joke.
Except none of this matters because games aren't going to last long enough for you to farm that much gold. If the other team has a brain they're going to be wrecking face until you get all your toys. Same reason Kayle is bad now.

john!

Smash Hero
vlad is probably among my top 3 best champs, and i don't even own him. thank you free vlad week.

any recommended builds for vlad? my core items are rylai's and force of nature. i start off with a regrowth.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Except none of this matters because games aren't going to last long enough for you to farm that much gold. If the other team has a brain they're going to be wrecking face until you get all your toys. Same reason Kayle is bad now.
Have you ever played Sivir? Saying she can't farm a Warmogs and a BF Sword in a game is pretty sad.

[Edit] On average I farm 201 creeps a game, that's 5.2k gold from CS alone. More than enough for warmogs and bf sword.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
vlad is probably among my top 3 best champs, and i don't even own him. thank you free vlad week.

any recommended builds for vlad? my core items are rylai's and force of nature. i start off with a regrowth.
Vlad is a niche pick that goes well with other AoE champs, otherwise I wouldn't pick him.

Casters are really mediocre compared to physical carries right now.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I also doubt any confident Sivir wouldn't be able to at least hit 100-120 CS within the first 15 minutes of a game. Which is more then enough to start either of those core items off.

NEW SONG from the makers of "Panic at the Nexus:"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf9VSDt0EN4

:OOOOO
Double Toast *sorryguys*

I just wanted to say I can't tell if I like this SONG more then the other one but this one is done REALLY REALLY well haha.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Had a long post about this sivir deal, but I backspaced while the text box wasn't selected so it backed me up a page. <.<

Just gonna say that this is too subjective to be worth arguing for. If you wanna play tank sivir go for it.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sure dude. Hit me up. Classes are over so I'll get to play more till next semester. ;p

Cia

das kwl
Casters are really mediocre compared to physical carries right now.
Uhh.. Bird? Morgana? Galio? Kassadin? LeBlanc?!?! Even Janna. (although I'm probably alone on that one.) How many times have you seen a kennen or Fiddlesticks ult completely turn a team fight around? I don't think that makes casters mediocre.

The only physical carry I've ever had problems with in the head to head (as Anivia) is tryndamere. (and fed yi) Most Tristanas just run. Kog Maw.. lol. He CAN'T run.. gg. MF and Corki are tricky because of their pokes.. but that only gets them so far. I only need one stun before they're afraid to get anywhere near me. (If they didn't die)

IMO, carries are only good behind a tank. I have the most trouble with morde, mundo, and singed because they just won't die from my full combo. but once the team gets through that, the carry is food.

I have this theory that tanks, carries, and casters generally have the "charmander, squirtle, and bulbasaur" thing goin on. (tank > caster > carry > tank) thoughts?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Janna is OP without a doubt. I honestly think she's better than Sona, although its close between the two.

The only viable casters atm are the top tier casters. Mediocre casters are near the bottom of the barrel.

Top Bottom