• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I find it interesting that you mention that carries are only good behind a tank, however it seems to me that casters are only good behind a tank as well.

All of this is in general, of course.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'm getting tired of this game. Honestly there are just too many baddies. Nearly every game I play is ruined by duo queues, idiotic selections at champion select, or just downright pathetic play.

I play 2 bad games, take a break for a day, play 2 bad games again, take a break for 2 days, played 3 bad games already. This is ridiculous and boring. I don't have time for this **** anymore.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Panda, you need to stop tryharding and just play with Smash kids. We have a good time playing with each other, even if we're not winning all the time... and we're pretty good sports about getting correction from better players. KevinM yelled at me non-stop for my first 200 games or so and I got way better because of it. Dekar still yells at me non-stop in 3s and I'm getting better for it. I don't mind if you want to yell at me non-stop too. At least you know Smashers will listen.

Add me in game: Odincore

and let's have some fun.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dekar yells at you regardless. It makes you carry even harder, idk how it works lol.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I've been playing this game more for fun recently then trying super hard to win. I mean honestly, how many do you have to win before you're satisfied? Enjoying yourself while getting the rest of your team to go along is an awesome experience.

_kSo_

Smash Master
hey guys,

been playing alotta shen lately, and want to throw my build out there to see if anyone wants to give me some suggestions or tweaks to my build so I can possibly try something I never thought of!

runes - dodge seals, mag pen marks, mag resist glyphs, flat health quints
masteries - 0/21/9 going 4 into dodge and 1 in nimbleness, 4 in health, 1 in teleport 1 in ghost, 4 in exp
spells - port/ghost

I start with cloth + 5 pots and usually go merc treads, sometimes mobility boots
finish aegis, and then build either sunfire cape or force of nature, after sunfires if they are physical heavy i'll go thornmail, if cc heavy , QSS, then GA

with this build I can either lane or soft jungle, depending on what my team needs, and i level up ulti > vorpal > taunt > shield

soo yeah i could try something new if someone has an interesting idea, (mostly i want this build to have mogwai approval ^_^) in any case, I find it has been working for me so far :)

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I've been told that Aegis is a bad item if you are the main tank, since it helps the team overall but isn't nearly as effective a tanking item as something else you could put in that slot. So when you actually taunt and start tanking damage, you don't last as long. I like to rush an early Spirit Visage, FoN or Omen, depending on the enemy team comp and my ability to farm... and then I get a Sunfire Cape since it helps with farming, jungling, and putting out some damage in those mid-game team fights.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I just played a game where an Anivia got rally and revive. She trolled both teams. Then everyone started trolling and I got confused so I did too. (As Vlad during free Vlad week) Then my team got mad because I was feeding? lolol Then I was like "Fine, I'll actually play". Went from 2 to 20 assists. they stopped talking. Apparently then don't like it when I use my ult during Teamfights to maximize damage though?I got killstolen like 10 times but it was fun. Playing for fun > Playing to win. Achieving both is the best feeling.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Any good lux builds? Preferably one that involves sheen/lichbane. I'm really interested in using those since they seem to have good synergy with her passive.
This question made me lol because the answer is literally this:

1: Pick Lux.
2: Get boots.
3: Get Sheen/Lichbane
4: ??????
5: Profit!!!

The 4 part is any AP item, commonly Zhonyas, AA or DFG. You shouldn't need defense unless you're literally getting 2-shot or worse. If you're dying otherwise you're probably out of position. But if you want the extra health a RoA early or a Rylais anytime are rarely bad choices.

Dekar173

Justice Man
This question made me lol because the answer is literally this:

1: Pick Lux.
2: Get boots.
3: Get Sheen
4: ??????
5: Profit in the form of finishing Lich Bane!!!

The 4 part is any AP item, commonly Zhonyas, AA or DFG. You shouldn't need defense unless you're literally getting 2-shot or worse. If you're dying otherwise you're probably out of position. But if you want the extra health a RoA early or a Rylais anytime are rarely bad choices.
Fixed for greatness

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty stoked about this: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=364164

This is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping would happen with LoL. They are literally letting the community battle things out to impact the lore of the game world. I have to say though, Ionia seems stacked. If they ban Rammus, then Noxus doesn't have a legit tank. I mean, if I were draft this for both sides... the teams would end up being...

Noxus: bans Mummy
Ionia: bans Rammus
Noxus drafts: Miss Fortune, Singed, Vlad, Morgana, Shaco
Ionia drafts: Shen, Udyr, Kennen, Ashe, Akali

Shaco is the only legit option Noxus has for jungling if Rammus is banned. That means they have to pick between Singed or tank Sion as their main team tank. Compare either of those choices to a Shen/Udyr combo and they are boned. Yes, Noxus has Kog, but I think he ends up being a bad choice for Noxus given that Ionia can bring either Akali or Irelia into the fight and hunt him down. Miss Fortune/Vlad is probably a better carry combo for them... but then you look at Kennen and Ashe on Ionia and its GG Noxus.

If the Noxus players aren't significantly better than the Ionians, I think this is a lock for Ionia.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I've been told that Aegis is a bad item if you are the main tank, since it helps the team overall but isn't nearly as effective a tanking item as something else you could put in that slot. So when you actually taunt and start tanking damage, you don't last as long. I like to rush an early Spirit Visage, FoN or Omen, depending on the enemy team comp and my ability to farm... and then I get a Sunfire Cape since it helps with farming, jungling, and putting out some damage in those mid-game team fights.
hmm yeah i use randuins for other tanks, but haven't tried it on shen yet. Thanks, I will see if i like this better ^_^

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Urgot is hard. Without vent its almost impossible to sync your ult and even when you can, there's no guarantee that some jerk tank isn't going to walk right in front of the carry you are aiming for. I think I need Wobbles training.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Besides a few minor buffs, Gragas has been the same he has always been. He's risen up to the top recently because of a shift in the meta. I think the same is true of Malphite actually. Even after their buffs, they weren't considered top tier, but they both have in common that they can harass without taking harass back (or heal off / shield incoming harassment). That means even though they are pretty much just utility characters in the late game, they disrupt the hell out of the "carry sits in a solo lane and farms for 25 minutes" style of play made famous by CLG.

So now poor carries have to deal with harassment from champions that can soak up harassment back and have to leave the lane, get killed, etc. Under half health and sitting in the lane to keep farming? Too bad. My jungler popped his ghost and I just used Explosive Cask/Unstoppable Force so you can't scurry back to your tower safely. Whoops.

See? People complained about the meta and said it was too passive, but once players figure out how to screw up your farm with hulking jerks that won't leave the lane and harass the carries... BOO HOO... Gragas and Malphite are OP.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Besides a few minor buffs, Gragas has been the same he has always been. He's risen up to the top recently because of a shift in the meta. I think the same is true of Malphite actually. Even after their buffs, they weren't considered top tier, but they both have in common that they can harass without taking harass back (or heal off / shield incoming harassment). That means even though they are pretty much just utility characters in the late game, they disrupt the hell out of the "carry sits in a solo lane and farms for 25 minutes" style of play made famous by CLG.

So now poor carries have to deal with harassment from champions that can soak up harassment back and have to leave the lane, get killed, etc. Under half health and sitting in the lane to keep farming? Too bad. My jungler popped his ghost and I just used Explosive Cask/Unstoppable Force so you can't scurry back to your tower safely. Whoops.

See? People complained about the meta and said it was too passive, but once players figure out how to screw up your farm with hulking jerks that won't leave the lane and harass the carries... BOO HOO... Gragas and Malphite are OP.

Agree ten fold.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Takes so long to get IP.

Was gonna get irelia, but Brolaf is coming out and I have 3150...

What runes do I need for jungle brolaf?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
anything major happen to the game in the last week? ive been gone for most of it
"Huge game-changing fixes coming next patch."
-dev

Or something like that. It's pretty clear they're doing something big about aoe's dominance.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I'm guessing diminishing returns on AoE damage like in Pokemon. If you hit 1 opponent, its full power. If you hit two, they each take 75%. If you hit three, they each take 60%. Etc.

L__

Smash Master
I already know how bad that feels. On a side note, I've only lost one game as Shaco today.

:teemo:

I think it's pretty funny because I just happened to go AP Shaco that one game. I still was doing better than the entire team though... -_-

Top Bottom