• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dekar173

Justice Man
As Anivia don't be afraid to last hit using your nuke or stun. You just want to get that early RoA so you have mana to burn and HP to keep yourself from being overly vulnerable.

Pushing a lane can be good or bad, as Mogwai said go mia and force them to play more on the safe side. Keeping lanes pushed can be good from a position point of view, and allowing for yourselves to get ready to gank, but it also gives them free last hits and allows for them to sort of control the lane.

Always last hit. I saw someone the other day say "no the creeps are pushed I've gotta just hit them" and facepalmed. Gold is always important :|

Frolossus

Smash Lord
question about last hitting: when i go mid as anivia, i find it somewhat difficult to last hit due to her low attack damage and slow attack animation. when i hit level 6 though, i use my ult to take out entire creep waves, and let the creeps alone push to the tower. they end up either harassing the enemy champion or doing a bit of damage to the tower. this method allows me to almost always get a higher creep score than the opponent. a few people have told me in game that i'm doing it wrong and that i should keep last hitting so i don't push the lane. i do the same thing with morgana's soil, because it's difficult to last hit with her as well. does this method work at high level play, or is there a way to counter it?
just keep practicing last hitting with anivia, save your mana for when you can nuke down someone

As Anivia don't be afraid to last hit using your nuke or stun. You just want to get that early RoA so you have mana to burn and HP to keep yourself from being overly vulnerable.

Pushing a lane can be good or bad, as Mogwai said go mia and force them to play more on the safe side. Keeping lanes pushed can be good from a position point of view, and allowing for yourselves to get ready to gank, but it also gives them free last hits and allows for them to sort of control the lane.

Always last hit. I saw someone the other day say "no the creeps are pushed I've gotta just hit them" and facepalmed. Gold is always important :|
i disagree with rushing RoA on anivia because you have to open blue crystal instead of getting 1 or 2 dorans rings during laning into mejais then RoA

L__

Smash Master
it makes me sad when I buy a champion, only to realize that I forgot about the other one that I wanted to buy for whatever reason

there goes my IP

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Nonononono. You're right in saying that last hitting is extremely important, since it is, but NEVER use your stun or nuke to last hit creeps (unless you're able to last hit and stun at the same time, which I do often with Gragas' barrels). Whenever Anivia uses her stun/nuke there is absolutely nothing stopping you from walking forward and autoattacking the **** out of her. Leaving yourself open like that is a horrible idea.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I just played a game with 3 afks! When I was still able to decimate an MF mid that was 3 levels higher than me!

And people ask me why I don't like playing Gragas in solo queue much anymore.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
And the very next game I get someone who never connected the entire game.

Yaaaaaay solo queue

EDIT: Game 3 I get 4 feeders. I wanted ONE GAME AS A BREAK.

EDIT: Game 4 I get 2 people that don't speak English and a team that can't ult at the same time.

john!

Smash Hero
I just played a game where their jungle Trynd got 6 kills within 15 minutes (none were on my lane). The rest of their team sucked, but their Trynd alone snowballed and carried them to victory. And he was horrible at Trynd too, he would do stupid stuff and get killed, that is until after 30 minutes when he was unstoppable. I was twice as good at Tryndamere as he was, I play Trynd, I know how to counter him, and I explained to my team, but they couldn't do anything because they were such idiots early game. The worst part? They blamed me (Twitch) even though they didnt realize that Trynd actively sought out ME EVERY TIME. My team couldn't contain him. We even had a Mord who (when he was successful at getting Trynd's ghost) didn't want to push and just kept farming (although Trynd usually took 2 to 3 people with him). They also had a Zilean who would walk around with Trynd and just ult him and give him speed boosts.

You don't have anything EVEN CLOSE to this, Panda. Not even close. Consider yourself lucky. :cool:

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
SPanda; would you be willing to play some normals or something with me (while on vent preferably) and give me some advice on what I should be doing different while I play? I'm trying to pick up more FotM champs--and failing that, long-standing solid ones--but since I've got nobody to learn from and I lack talent for this genre it's slow going.

john!

Smash Hero
In the middle of another game. Another Jungle Tryndamere. He started off 5-1. None of them were on me.

Our jungler (Udyr) died to the small golems after 5 minutes.

FU CK MY LI FE

edit: we surrendered at 25:14. still haven't gotten my daily win bonus.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
it makes me sad when I buy a champion, only to realize that I forgot about the other one that I wanted to buy for whatever reason

there goes my IP
I've had this feeling, but it's kind of an opportunity. By the time you farm up IP for that other champ you wanted it gives you plenty of time (and games) to really master the champ you did buy.

I still haven't bought Rammus, come to think of it. Or Morgana.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I am really sick of playing with *******s in this game sometimes, we had one guy just flame away and try and smite my buffs while I farmed them after he got first blooded and blamed it on the other guy.

Thanks ranked soloq

Dekar173

Justice Man
Ranked 3s is fun. I've got one horror story and that's because we didn't pack exhaust for those darned late gamers.

Then again 3s doesn't allow solo queue :O Solo queue blows.

@SP That's the whole point, you're using one or the other in order to guarantee the farm, such as when you're pushed up on your tower. Too often I see people miss last hits at the tower and it's like... if your autoattack is too slow/weak in order to do anything for the last hit, use some mana and get it done >:O

N64

Smash Champion
lane bot with malphite vs amumu (lanemu, yeah, odd) and poppy. He's already died once (fb) and is at around half health from poppy harass. Lane is pushed midway. Amumu and poppy obviously in bush. Malphite facechecks bush. Dies. Sigh. Malphite comes back. Facechecks bush, pulls back at half health again.

Me: "malphite...you have to stop facechecking bush"

Malphite: "well how am i supposed to check it?"

Me: "..."

Lets just turn this into soloqueue rant/storytime! yay!

Leacero

Smash Lord
I feel like 85% of this topic is about SWFers complaining about how everyone else on their team does bad. It's like the in-game chat of the losing team, only in forum format.

N64

Smash Champion
There is a carnal necessity to seek clarity when something outright confuses you. As such, you tell of ridiculous happenings to get assurance that yes, you still are sane, as these others agree with you that this happening is indeed ridiculous.

We also get to sit a little higher on our horses being reassured that it couldn't have possibly been our fault and it was just everyone else's.

Plus, talking about good people on your team is boring unless they do something super cool. It's usually easier to notice the uncool stuff than the cool stuff anyways.

ook

Smash Lord
Though I will admit, I probably cost a team the game last night (but it was just a normal game).
I was playing swain for some reason, but I got really lucky and went 6/1 in the first 12 minutes. Then I thought "goddammit... if I was akali, karthus, tristana, tryndamere, or pretty much ANY other character who actually gets good when they're fed, this would be completely over. Why did I have to play swain?"

We ended up surrendering and I was 7/9 at the end. swain ****ing sucks, or maybe I just don't get him, but I feel so useless when I play him

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
SPanda; would you be willing to play some normals or something with me (while on vent preferably) and give me some advice on what I should be doing different while I play? I'm trying to pick up more FotM champs--and failing that, long-standing solid ones--but since I've got nobody to learn from and I lack talent for this genre it's slow going.
Honestly, I would if I had the time to spare, but with med school and all I only occasionally have enough free time to play a few games in a row :(

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Re: Conversation about the terrible tournament hosting/coverage by Riot, I posted in the thread this morning.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=348185&page=12

Marcou makes it sound like you need this huge, dedicated team to produce valuable web content, which just plain isn't true. He could have all the coverage he needed with a half-time writer or less. I just really don't think its a priority for them at all.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
honestly, Riot wouldn't even have to pay me and I would've made this stupid tournament better by just telling Marcou to 1. advertise it and 2. insist on literally anything but randomly seeded single elimination.

*sigh*

Wobbles, I'd help you out but Vent takes a big dump on my computer's sound and I just generally hate it. I can Skype or Teamspeak help you out whenever we both happen to be on.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I feel like 85% of this topic is about SWFers complaining about how everyone else on their team does bad. It's like the in-game chat of the losing team, only in forum format.
Nah its not everyone else on my team doing bad :D they did ok, just that ******* but its hard to come back when he would smite your buff then intentionally feed it to the other team. :(

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's tough when some one volunteers to jungle and then goes MageWick.
I've tried that before. :>

madreds, deathfire grasp, zhonya's, and nashors makes for am interesting combo. xD

DFG->Ult->Q->autoattack. ;p

L__

Smash Master
Started off 5/1 as jungling Olaf, but we had a 1 d/c. Surprising, isn't it?

[it gets better]

Bottom lane fed Shen and Morgana and none of the lanes would switch to make things slightly better. Then, everyone decided it would be smart to save their CCs and nukes for when the other team was about to die so in the process of me initiating, I'd die and lose out on my precious gold that would have gotten me Frozen Mallet that much sooner and could have tanked through most of their initial burst.

SoloQQ

Octave

Smash Ace
Nah its not everyone else on my team doing bad :D they did ok, just that ******* but its hard to come back when he would smite your buff then intentionally feed it to the other team. :(
This really is mind boggling. I can't fathom why anybody would intentionally sabotage their own team's victory :(

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I enjoy solo Q when I don't let lower elos take my solo lane. I mean, ffs, when I'm 4th/5th pick I suck it up and fill w/e role my team needs, I just don't get why some people are all like, "I DUN CARE IF YOU PICK MORGANA AND PANTH FOR FIRST 2 PICKS, I'M GOING ASHE MID!!!!!" And then they feed and are confused that they lost to someone 200 elo above them.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I enjoy solo Q when I don't let lower elos take my solo lane. I mean, ffs, when I'm 4th/5th pick I suck it up and fill w/e role my team needs, I just don't get why some people are all like, "I DUN CARE IF YOU PICK MORGANA AND PANTH FOR FIRST 2 PICKS, I'M GOING ASHE MID!!!!!" And then they feed and are confused that they lost to someone 200 elo above them.
I feel like this is why I spend a lot of time in the jungle at my ELO.

L__

Smash Master
I've learned something very important for my ELO. If you troll, you win.

I just don't understand. It worked. The games where I ban like, Teemo/Tryn, I somehow manage to stumble upon picking Garen then having an amazing early game leading to a win.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
this one night I went on tilt after a rough loss and just trolled every game I played. carried every single one of them (EDIT: this is probably a gross exaggeration now that I think of it, lol. definitely was carrying funny games with stupid **** like eve and alistar though) and lost. it was awesome though, made me like the game again, because when you're sitting at like 5/0 triforce alistar, looking at your 0/7 carry, what are you gonna do other than laugh? So after tanking down to 1370 or something, I then got to spend the next 3 weeks or so climbing 350 points and along the way teaching myself to jungle properly. The whole experience was shockingly awesome and if you ever find yourself plateauing and getting pissed at everyone, I suggest just trolling and tanking your elo.

L__

Smash Master
I suggest just trolling and tanking your elo.
I do this, but somehow it raises my ELO more often than not

like for example I went Urgot as a joke and somehow helped out my team enough for a win

I was too afraid to try it again

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This is freaking me out. So I was just ******* around last night after a series of horrible games, and I finally was able to convince my team to let me solo top as Pirate after a LOT of fighting (which happens far too often). I killed Xin 3 times in my lane and decided I'd just **** around and do the "omg what a bad pirate" build after I rushed Zerks/Wriggle (my signature Pirate items apparently), so I grabbed 4 avarice blades to semi-troll my team.

Holy **** I was stupidly strong. I just figured it was because I was so overleveled that game but I thought I may as well try it again next time I soloed. So far every time I've done it, I've gotten retardedly powerful, incredibly stacked, and did stupid amounts of damage even in early mid game (when Pirate is at his weakest). I seriously make like 4 gold a second when I have 4 avarice blades, I still crit for anywhere from 500-900, and thanks to the lifesteal from wriggles I heal as much as freaking WW.

I'm not saying this is viable or it works, but I think thats my new build for whenever I win my lane. Stacking avarice AND winning makes me snowball absurdly hard. Although I must admit, I have yet to try the build out when I do mediocre/bad in my lane, so I can't say for sure if its always the smartest choice to make. But I think this build may compliment my playstyle more than anything I've tried thus far past wriggles. It'll take more fine tuning (and I'm tweaking my runes/masteries too), but I figured I'd relate to you guys the hilarious tale where I discovered stacking avarice is viable.

Oh man, I can just imagine Hotshot seeing me with 4 avarice, zerks, and wriggles, then going to town on me on his livestream. Apparently he still does make fun of "that wriggles pirate" on livestream whenever he sees someone play GP, which I find rather funny (since I then tell the person who mentioned it to me about the game where I ***** his face, went godlike, and carried Jiji's ashe all while being on 2 livestreams at the same time).

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
SPanda; it's cool, I only really have the tolerance for one or two games at a time myself. But I can understand if you'd rather use your free time to play ranked and spread the word of your pirate ;P

Mogwai: I'm going to try and fix my flipping Skype so it doesn't just crash endlessly.

Edit:

Well, I reinstalled. I don't know if that will help. Maybe it will.

Top Bottom