• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I don't think the argument between you two will ever go anywhere positive. Both of you are derailing the thread and leaving a sour taste in everyone else's mouth when they come to read.

I think the reliable suggestion of "Taking it to PMs" would be a good idea.
He started it.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Man, I'm in a bad mood. I really wish I could meet you in real life, so I could just beat the **** out of you for being such a *******. It's so easy to have no accountability over forums. Lucky you I guess.
He started it.
That doesn't sound prepubescent.

Not at all.

Also, for the Go vs Chess analogy. It's called scope. Go is simpler than Chess. Stop trying to argue something obvious.
Scope...?

If we're looking at scope, then DMG's example still trumps your piss-poor analogy.

Random Dictionary said:
1. extent or range of view, outlook, application, operation, effectiveness, etc.: an investigation of wide scope.
If you even bothered to give even a cursory GLANCE at the article, you would have seen that, in spite of it's simpler ruleset, there's a helluva lot more potential in moving your pieces around a 21X21 board. It's not as linear as Chess pieces. They even presented mathematical formulas (infinsomethings) to present their case versus what's available in Chess. There were a lot more permutations found there than in any other board game.

If anything, you were putting blinders over yourself and really not seeing DMG's point. Hence, your range (or "scope") is actually fairly limiting. Concise juxtaposition; ever hear of it? Apparently not. Also, see "respect for other people's opinions." You clearly need a refresher course or two because, quite frankly, you're acting like one of those "kids on the internet that aren't accountable for ****," 'cause it's (apparently) okay for you to shoot off at the mouth on a forum without any regard to the people involved or the facts present. Which, in case you didn't know, is ****ing hypocritical.

Sorry if this prompts another flame war, mods. It's just irritating me to no end and I had to get it off of my chest. Feel free to infract me.

Smooth Criminal

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
HOLY ****, SMOOTH CRIMINAL, SHUT THE **** UP

why would you bring that back up?

******. leave it alone.

im also sick of the debates, tried to be cute and curb them with :teemo: but you guys are seriously ruining this thread. just shut the **** up about your little bitter squabbles because no one gives a **** about either of you as long as you do it.

in other news

Irelia?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
D:

Well, I'm kinda sick of it too. But still, Tom, I like getting the last word...

Even if it's in the face of getting a nit-picky wall o' text from the offending party, or angry moderators (former in your case) bringing da pain via infractions. : /

I'll stop.

Smooth Criminal

Jazriel

Smash Ace
wow missed a lot...will read later
I'd advise against it.

As for Smooth Criminal, I don't think you want to get into a "cite your sources" war. I'm pretty sure I have a lot more time on my hands to spam wiki links, it's doubtful you'd win. Also, you're talking about scope but then using an argument based on premises. Fail.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Pretty sure the info on Irelia was leaked, but I only skimmed it as I don't even play the game.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Unless Irelia's numbers are absurd, a squishy melee DPS won't be too viable in the current state of the game. I'm guessing it'll require them to release some cool niche items (like that one that never made it through) aimed specifically for melee DPS and a change to exhaust to make that entire class of characters able to compete at higher levels.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I find pantheon completely viable as it is now. He just isn't viable if he's squishy. Early game he makes your team absurd with retardedly good ganks, and late game he's a pretty **** good offtank that can still crit people to death when they get low.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
And I find that situational on the game. That is far more effective than Makky's build if you get stacked and nobody on their team can take your hits. But I find safer builds to work more often at higher levels. Yeah, you rely on your teammates late game, but in reality you've been stacking them all game so it should be fine.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Notice that they are releasing Kog Maw and Miss Fortune skins in this patch? Also remember how the devs have been talking about nerfing those two sometime soon?

hmmm... I wonder if those nerfs will wait until the next patch now to take advantage of the new skins.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Advantage to following Udyr on Twitter: Getting linked to patch notes within a minute of them being posted. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=344451

Also, with the past few patches, I'm agreeing with an old post Panda made a while ago even more. Maybe this is just because none of the characters I play (with the exception of Evelynn, but she doesn't count), but it seems like Riot's just been going overboard on the nerfs. It seems like the game would be so much more fun if they would just bring everyone up, rather than continually nerfing certain champions.

In addition, :teemo:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
"- The Announcer will now laugh at you when you select a blue card and annouce your mistake to all other players."
"Sona

- Made more frustrating to lane against. You'll just have to figure it out yourself.- All abilities are now condensed into Q.
- Q range increased by 200 or so.
- Added Sona Bot. She puts Ryze Bot to shame."

God these are all amazing

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Sona nerfs seem heavy.
Sona nerfs are not heavy at all. They are legit. Now you have to think about what aura you are putting up and you're not going to just spam stuff mindlessly in the early game.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
M3D, I know you've told me before, but today I've been playing games with you lol.

There's so much to learn >>

I want to Jungle.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Post patch insta bans will be Corki and Janna. After that its up in the air.

And yeah, I'm positive those 2 will need to be banned. Corki's damage output will still be godlike and Janna transforms any carry into a hypercarry since she's the best babysitter in the game by far.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Post patch insta bans will be Corki and Janna. After that its up in the air.

And yeah, I'm positive those 2 will need to be banned. Corki's damage output will still be godlike and Janna transforms any carry into a hypercarry since she's the best babysitter in the game by far.
Level 5 Shield too good. Free BF Sword for 10 seconds is ****. Corki still too good, Twitch Kog and MF got affected more than him. Now it's up to like, Ashe, to compete with him.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Seriously, everyone needs to go post in this thread: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=345462

even though the TC gave it a horrible name. Buffing Vlad was a terrible idea and I'd like there to be enough "WTF RIOT?!?!?" going on that they either revert it or at least explain themselves. They are actually taking skill OUT of the game, which boggles my mind.

M3D, I know you've told me before, but today I've been playing games with you lol.

There's so much to learn >>

I want to Jungle.
Zac, I think you just need to learn the jungler's role a little bit better. You spent too much time in the jungle and not enough time crashing lanes. Udyr is a great ganker with just one point in Bear Stance, unlike a lot of champs that need to hit six and get their ults before they are ready to gank. You should be completing your first sweep and then hitting a lane hard and you should try to hit each lane at least once unless the carry in one of the solo lanes asks you to stay out, which will rarely happen. Even if you aren't going to get a kill, as long as you aren't giving up a death when you crash, you'll at least make the enemy champions scared of pushing.

One time Vlad had me pushed back to tower and at low health and you were at their small golem camp. You waited until I died and then crashed in to save the tower, but almost died yourself because you were underleveled compared to me and Vlad. If you had come to the lane when Vlad was pushing, we could have jumped him together and at least driven him out of the lane, if not secured a kill.

One thing KevinM DRILLED into my head when I first started playing was that you had to watch the mini-map. You NEED to have map awareness, especially as a jungler. If your lanes are getting pushed, saving your teammates/towers and getting kills are usually more important than anything else you are doing. Since you are free to switch lanes a lot as a jungler, you need to be aware every time the enemy team coordinates a gank someplace. Either you are close enough to turn the tide, you are close enough to defend the lane if they fall OR you can run your own gank in another lane since the enemy champs are out of position to help.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It doesn't make much sense though. Kinda like how TF can Blue Card a minion that ends up dying as the card is in movement and he still gets the mana return. Sure there may not be a gameplay issue, but you have to admit it doesn't make sense for Vlad to heal himself when he hits a spell shield, that is supposed to block his spell from working in the first place.

Top Bottom