• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Haha! Installing skype causes my ventrillo to crash too! And I can't even try to open options in Skype without it locking up.

And LoL won't run.

And I'm hungry.

Edit:

LoL still doesn't run, my browser keeps crashing, and I stubbed my toe. **** Skype.

Dekar173

Justice Man
This is freaking me out. So I was just ******* around last night after a series of horrible games, and I finally was able to convince my team to let me solo top as Pirate after a LOT of fighting (which happens far too often). I killed Xin 3 times in my lane and decided I'd just **** around and do the "omg what a bad pirate" build after I rushed Zerks/Wriggle (my signature Pirate items apparently), so I grabbed 4 avarice blades to semi-troll my team.

Holy **** I was stupidly strong. I just figured it was because I was so overleveled that game but I thought I may as well try it again next time I soloed. So far every time I've done it, I've gotten retardedly powerful, incredibly stacked, and did stupid amounts of damage even in early mid game (when Pirate is at his weakest). I seriously make like 4 gold a second when I have 4 avarice blades, I still crit for anywhere from 500-900, and thanks to the lifesteal from wriggles I heal as much as freaking WW.

I'm not saying this is viable or it works, but I think thats my new build for whenever I win my lane. Stacking avarice AND winning makes me snowball absurdly hard. Although I must admit, I have yet to try the build out when I do mediocre/bad in my lane, so I can't say for sure if its always the smartest choice to make. But I think this build may compliment my playstyle more than anything I've tried thus far past wriggles. It'll take more fine tuning (and I'm tweaking my runes/masteries too), but I figured I'd relate to you guys the hilarious tale where I discovered stacking avarice is viable.

Oh man, I can just imagine Hotshot seeing me with 4 avarice, zerks, and wriggles, then going to town on me on his livestream. Apparently he still does make fun of "that wriggles pirate" on livestream whenever he sees someone play GP, which I find rather funny (since I then tell the person who mentioned it to me about the game where I ***** his face, went godlike, and carried Jiji's ashe all while being on 2 livestreams at the same time).
I love stacking weak items after getting my core :D

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So Rinoa is a prick. Just played with her and she gave me just as much **** for playing pirate as the others.

EDIT: Also, I'm not playing flavors anymore. I'm just playing who I want that fills a particular team role. I play this game to enjoy myself, not to farm up ELO. In the few games I play as a break its much more satisfying to do what I wanted to do in the first place.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
We played a Mundo last night that stacked Warmogs. At the end of the game he had over 7k health. No one on my team bought Madreds... :(

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Oh cool, SWF channel + thread. I'll get in on this when I get home from work tonight.

In-game: Thiocyanide

Mains: Olaf, Warwick, Xin'zhao, Irelia, Amumu, Sona, Kayle, LeBlanc, Lux, Tristana, Miss Fortune, Kog'maw, Singed

Also, DMG plays, but I see he hasn't outed himself here, lol

Vex Kasrani said:
Mains: Garen
8|

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Don't hate on Garen!

SPIN TO WIN!
I'm sorry, but anything designed like Garen just makes me angry.

His ult deals far too much damage. 8|

Garen's hate gets so blown out of proportion. After the sequence of nerfs to Garen, he's pretty average overall imo (pretty crazy early damage though I guess).
With Janna, Gallio, or Soraka, he can towerdive people at level 3 or 4 and actually land kills.

And early game momentum very often decides matches, at least at the level I play at for the moment.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
There's no reason to hate Garen right now, but back then hell yeah no one wanted a 320, ward destroyer, Spinning machine of doom that could not be slowed.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
There's no reason to hate Garen right now, but back then hell yeah no one wanted a 320, ward destroyer, Spinning machine of doom that could not be slowed.
My hatred only stems from the fact that every time we have a jungler and the other team doesn't, I end up in the solo lane versus a Garen + somebody who can amplify his 1-6 ******ry.

Champions I actually loathe seeing at all include Kennen the harassment wonder, Amumu the CC wonder, and fed Tryndamere. **** fed tryndamere.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
My hatred only stems from the fact that every time we have a jungler and the other team doesn't, I end up in the solo lane versus a Garen + somebody who can amplify his 1-6 ******ry.

Champions I actually loathe seeing at all include Kennen the harassment wonder, Amumu the CC wonder, and fed Tryndamere. **** fed tryndamere.
1v2 is pretty much impossible vs. good players, regardless of who they are. In fact, Garen is pretty low on the list of guys I'd care about being on the opposing 2v1 simply because he doesn't have any harassment abilities.

You need to figure out how to record all voices on that call. Game was too good.
driver for my onboard sound sucks and doesn't have stereo mix :(. *sigh*

fkacyan

Smash Hero
1v2 is pretty much impossible vs. good players, regardless of who they are. In fact, Garen is pretty low on the list of guys I'd care about being on the opposing 2v1 simply because he doesn't have any harassment abilities.
I only play (Or intend to play, I guess) a team of good players when I make a premade. The problem is with a good support, a decent Garen can just dive me while decimating my creep wave. I guess you're right about 2v1s, but I love 2v1s as Singed when there isn't somebody who can afford to sit on the tower.

driver for my onboard sound sucks and doesn't have stereo mix :(. *sigh*
No 'What u Hear' option or something similar?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
yea, totally sucks *** :(

I think for 1v2 at high level you need something to last hit from super long range like Ezreal, Ashe, or Kennen, or be Pirate vs. a duo that either can't harass you on your tower OR just be pirate and accept 0 gold and pull the lane just enough to maintain EXP range.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Even though I play him myself, I wholeheartedly agree. Kennen is a gay character.
His buff was a little too strong. AoE is too strong in general; its damage needs to scale downwards with the number of targets it hits, at the very least. Doesn't even have to be a ridiculous scalar.

That and they need to give casters a better ability to push. Characters like Tristana, Ashe, and Kog who can just stack Doran's Blades and a little AS and do the same damage output as casters with better laning ability, no mana consumption, and the ability to kill towers.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Caster that could push: Heimerdinger

We all saw where that went lol.

I love Kennen.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Recently picked up Kennen and he's mad fun. No need to hate on him. He's still pretty squishy and is susceptible to counter-harass since he doesn't have natural life-steal and beyond Doran's Shield, doesn't really build any regen items.

Got Olaf now. Working on his jungle pattern. Hardest part is learning to time his abilities so I am most effective in a team fight. Also getting conflicting advice about builds. Some say go Wriggles/Zerks/Ghostblade, others say ditch the Ghostblade and get Frozen Mallet. I'm trying both to see what suits me I guess.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Recently picked up Kennen and he's mad fun. No need to hate on him. He's still pretty squishy and is susceptible to counter-harass since he doesn't have natural life-steal and beyond Doran's Shield, doesn't really build any regen items.

Got Olaf now. Working on his jungle pattern. Hardest part is learning to time his abilities so I am most effective in a team fight. Also getting conflicting advice about builds. Some say go Wriggles/Zerks/Ghostblade, others say ditch the Ghostblade and get Frozen Mallet. I'm trying both to see what suits me I guess.
Ghostblade is amazing for chasing and escaping, where Mallet can't really be used for both. That said, it really depends on your team comp and their team comp.

Wriggle's + Youmuu's for Ultimate Weeaboo build. I bet it's what Ankoku would build if he played.

:troll:

@DMG: Heimer's ability to push was stupid because it was largely automated AND his bomb damaged turrets, allowing him to poke them. It's possible to let casters deal damage to turrets without letting them get to that absurd level.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Kennen's at a really good place now imo. I don't think the character needs anything.

Doran's items just need to not stack and flash needs to not dodge projectiles. boom, laning is now fixed.

EDIT: Best olafs I see are wriggles -> straight Omen + BVeil tanks.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Kennen's at a really good place now imo. I don't think the character needs anything.

Doran's items just need to not stack and flash needs to not dodge projectiles. boom, laning is now fixed.

EDIT: Best olaf's I see are wriggles -> straight Omen + BVeil tanks.
Flash needs to be removed entirely. That spell by itself changes the game too drastically. Not quite as bad as Promote, but still bad.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't see anything wrong with the abilty to stack Doran's blades, even though it is very strong, I have always seen them as stacking Bracers or Nulls in DotA, similar situation.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Can I play some 5s later with some competent people? I've had to play carry GP 4 games in a row now and I want some more wins :(

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Can I play some 5s later with some competent people? I've had to play carry GP 4 games in a row now and I want some more wins :(
I'll probably be playing premades tonight, but I can't guarantee my friends and I will play competently, because we tend to do silly things like Sion Blitz batteries and whatnot to troll people.

I don't see anything wrong with the abilty to stack Doran's blades, even though it is very strong, I have always seen them as stacking Bracers or Nulls in DotA, similar situation.
There's nothing wrong with the concept but it's way too cost-effective.

Octave

Smash Ace
Maybe they could fix stacking period by making each subsequent buy of an item cost more (minus consumables?)

Edit: I'm level 18 and a half now with 12k IP. I'm gonna need about that much for runes at level 20, but do you think that I could buy a 3k champ now and have enough left for my runes by the time I hit 20?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
+100

yea, totally sucks *** :(

I think for 1v2 at high level you need something to last hit from super long range like Ezreal, Ashe, or Kennen, or be Pirate vs. a duo that either can't harass you on your tower OR just be pirate and accept 0 gold and pull the lane just enough to maintain EXP range.
I played against a Sion(flash/ignite)- Garen (exhaust/ghost) lane the other day as solo-Kennen and I was advised that my best bet was to go farm the jungle and let them take the early tower. I'm usually not one to say a lane is impossible to play against because I personally am having trouble with it, because there's always a chance I'm doing something wrong but... I can easily and confidently say that lane was impossible. <.<

They kept the creeps at a neutral position in the lane and camped the bush closest to my tower. Usually that's not a problem, but they didn't bother last hitting and instead just focused on denying me experience. I couldn't stand close enough to the creeps at any point in the lane without risking a flash-> stun-> shield blowup-> ignite from sion followed up by silence-> spin to win from Garen with exhaust/ghost to help if I lightning rushed away. >_>

What is one supposed to do in that lane? I don't feel like I can count on the jungler to stay in the lane with me most of the time because they're usually pretty bad at laning in the first place, and they'll probably just get owned too. Is the best answer REALLY to just let the tower fall?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Maybe they could fix stacking period by making each subsequent buy of an item cost more (minus consumables?)
no this is a bad idea. the only problem item for stacking IMO is d-blade.

ok, so this is a really common thing that people like to say for the comparison and I'm sorry but it just doesn't actually work like that...

Ok, so here's how null's cost analysis goes (bracers cost analysis is slightly worse because of the higher recipe cost because str imba):

Circlet 185 (+2 to all stats)
Mantle 150 (+3 int)
Recipe 150 (additional +1 to all stats)

So just looking at the stats provided for the cost, the recipe cost of null isn't even close to the cost effeciency of just a plain circlet (it's the same as the base +3 STAT items, but it's less focused for your character, so it's still not really even efficient for the stats). So Basically the reason why it's even good is because it gives you a balanced set of stats in a single item slot, the sheer cost effectiveness of the stats it gives aren't ********, or hell, even good. I mean, 2 nulls gives the same stats as 3 circles and 2 mantles, and it costs 115 more gold, which means going off of base items for cost efficiency, you're losing efficiency in the recipe to instead provide space in your inventory.

d-blade on the other hand looks like this:
D-Blade
120 HP * 475 gold/180 HP (ruby crystal) = 316.67 gold
6 AD * 410 gold/10 AD (long sword) = 246 gold
4% lifesteal * 450 gold/12% lifesteal (vapiric scepter) = 150 gold
Total worth = 712.67 gold

so just on sheer stat value, d-blade gives 63.8% more gold worth of stats. So not only are we cramming a bunch of useful stats onto a single, low-cost item, but we're making those stats dirt cheap, and in the case of d-blade, highly relevant throughout the entire game (lifesteal is necessary but doesn't really have good items to fill the niche... except for d-blade). like, I get where people are coming from with the comparison, but it's not actually legitimate because of just how stupidly good the stats on d-blades are.

Top Bottom