• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
serious question:

how to beat morde in lane?

i know it sounds scrubby or whatever but i honestly don't know. i know you stand away from your minions so he can't harass you AND get shield, but what happens is he just picks the minions, gets a huge shield i can't outharass, and pushes me back to my tower, effectively ignoring me the entire time. i typically play a very passive lane in general with any character, should i start playing more aggressive? i feel like he'll just beat me out head-to-head with his shield and all.

once i'm back to my tower i space out my last hits on the creeps, but this inevitably brings some damage to my tower, and he just does this continually until he and his jungler can finally dive me from full or kill the tower

are frequent ganks the only answer? i'm trying to understand what to do in an isolated environment, how to win the lane without interference. i was forced to go top against him the other day as panth and heard nothing but LOL SCRUB N00B from a brand on my team when i eventually lost my tower, and i cannot for the life of me figure out what i could have done. spears take too much mana and are my only real source of harass, and with his shield + regrowth pendant, he just shrugs it off anyway

i guess it feels like in most games where i'm 1v1 with morde, bot feeds and the jungler has to prioritize them while i get constantly pushed back until my tower finally crumbles. if i could beat this, or at least prolong it, how? is it champion-specific?
>Play Rumble
>Collect Elo

Jazriel

Smash Ace
So I've been watching these IEM games. I watched some TSM a few months ago and it seems like they still suck. Seeing the camera switch to a view of the players, the TSM guys look so angry and anxious. Talk about not being calm and in control. And talk about not being able to pick properly. CLG picks vlad ffs in their last game.

solecalibur

Smash Master
serious question:

how to beat morde in lane?

i know it sounds scrubby or whatever but i honestly don't know. i know you stand away from your minions so he can't harass you AND get shield, but what happens is he just picks the minions, gets a huge shield i can't outharass, and pushes me back to my tower, effectively ignoring me the entire time. i typically play a very passive lane in general with any character, should i start playing more aggressive? i feel like he'll just beat me out head-to-head with his shield and all.

once i'm back to my tower i space out my last hits on the creeps, but this inevitably brings some damage to my tower, and he just does this continually until he and his jungler can finally dive me from full or kill the tower

are frequent ganks the only answer? i'm trying to understand what to do in an isolated environment, how to win the lane without interference. i was forced to go top against him the other day as panth and heard nothing but LOL SCRUB N00B from a brand on my team when i eventually lost my tower, and i cannot for the life of me figure out what i could have done. spears take too much mana and are my only real source of harass, and with his shield + regrowth pendant, he just shrugs it off anyway

i guess it feels like in most games where i'm 1v1 with morde, bot feeds and the jungler has to prioritize them while i get constantly pushed back until my tower finally crumbles. if i could beat this, or at least prolong it, how? is it champion-specific?
I've won lane vs mordes but at the same time i lost to some morde that was rly smart with annie recently so i take this with a grain o salt.

You need characters that either have great sustain in lane (life steal, spell vamp) or characters that can poke his sheild but get out o his e range at the same time,
IE
brand / (I've done it with ez/cait multiple times but all the mordes were pretty trash at the same time) / Annie / Cassopiea / Yorick (my pick vs morde) / swain / lanewick / laneudyr etc

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
ranged carries like ezreal/corki just need to be able to have a strong mana source (i.e. manamune) to be able to handle morde in solos.

However it really does require things to go smoothly for you first few levels... as in you're farming well up until level 5. Pretty much "beating" morde is either he's bad / you have strong gankers or "handling" morde which just requires you to be able to stop the lane from being ontop of your tower 100% of the time with morde at full health without really being in a bad position (kills the entire wave, sits back, it returns to middle point).

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Isn't the password usually just dots? I have to wait almost an hour and twenty minutes, and with my internet randomly disconnecting me (Session closing when already logged in when it feels like it) i'll just wait until the queue for signing in doesn't take so long.

Also, looked at the draft mode tierlist.
Hard to place on a team - Twitch
While i'm upset, it does make me notice he's less likely to get banned as much as Ashe Annie or Kogmaw. And if he does get banned, Fiddlesticks or singed (Even though I still need to buy 10 more champions to even consider playing ranked)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Nice, got online after waiting around a half hour, wait 15 minutes for friend to get out of game, take invite to game, client crashes.

woooooo riot :glare:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Twitch is fun if you try Tiamats. Ult applies on hit, and each time it passes through someone it procs on hit, so you get the splash damage again and again for each person you hit. If you crit the first person as well, jesus.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
As brand, really? Your pillar of flame should be able to zone her pretty well iirc

_Dice

Smash Ace
Twitch is fun if you try Tiamats. Ult applies on hit, and each time it passes through someone it procs on hit, so you get the splash damage again and again for each person you hit. If you crit the first person as well, jesus.
i played tia nasus the other day. 1 IE 4 Tias 1 Phant dancer had enough time to farm all this with +600 on Q (1 hour 10 minute game) we were losing soo badly though by the end. i got into 1 fight 1v5. killed 4 people with 2 lucky crit Q's did close to 3000 AOE damage each time after damage reduction

((600+380+150)x2.6)x2.0 in aoe.

lol

greatest moment ever. but worst game (everyone on team was <10->10-<10)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
No official date yet, but I'm assuming it would be tuesday since it fits in with the season ending late august announcement.

john!

Smash Hero
yeah if only you could get everybody to line up in tiamat range of each other
galio :D

i remember when a galio/twitch team would **** everything...

apparently galio is actually good now because they keep buffing him and nerfing other tanks...

Also, looked at the draft mode tierlist.
Hard to place on a team - Twitch
While i'm upset, it does make me notice he's less likely to get banned as much as Ashe Annie or Kogmaw. And if he does get banned, Fiddlesticks or singed (Even though I still need to buy 10 more champions to even consider playing ranked)
the thing about the tier list is that it only applies to top pros. anywhere below 1600 elo or so, you can do great with ALMOST* any hero if you've mastered them. the tier list changes so often and for such dumb reasons that it's not really a great indicator of which heroes you should use at a normal level of play. just find your personal favorite and you will do fine :bee:

* i say "almost" because i believe there are currently a few heroes which are genuinely terrible and are extremely hard to do well with if you're facing a decent team. twitch (imo) has been one of those heroes since his series of harsh nerfs a few months ago, after which i stopped playing twitch completely. riot realizes that stealth is a big design flaw in their game and they nerfed twitch and eve to bottom-tier status so they aren't a problem while the stealth remake is being worked on.

D

Deleted member

twitch in solo queue carries np...

as for decent teams, even in 1750~ elo people are still pretty bad

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Bought brand and he is fun as ****. Got a will of the ancients and laughed as my hp goes from nothing to full in a teamfight.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Annie is so damn hard to deal with mid as Brand for me.

What do I do?
Start with the targetted spell. Harass with it and autoattacks early on. If you get a read on where she's running while she's burning*, then use your pillar- don't use it just to harass with on it's own. It's way more efficient in combination with E so you get that 25% extra damage.

If she's saving her stun, just push the wave with W->E so she's forced to use her spells to clear the wave. Then you can go back to harassing her.

It's a pretty **** matchup for Brand, tbh, if you do it correctly.

*- People expect the pillar after the E, so you can usually autoattack a couple times before using your pillar while they try to move around to dodge the pillar that's likely coming soon after.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Are there any characters that do well with all four gold/5 items? I think Poppy might do well with them since she seems kinda poor for a long time anyway. idk
Well I guess Poppy could work if you're just farming the entire game with 4 Gp5 items and then selling everything and buying a full build.

When I play soraka I get 3 Gp5 items and spam wards...it seems to work.
-DD

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
UTDZac, DanGR, etc. Really sorry for last night. I know it was all Riot being dumb but I really wanted to play with you guys. Definitely looking to improve my jungle skills and can think of nothing better than Zac and co. yelling at me. Please invite me in future :3.

I've been trying to make more of an effort to counterjungle a bit when I don't think I have any ganking potential. One thing I noticed that happens is when you do that it typically makes the other jungler try to counter jungle you (at my elo at least). It makes for really easy kills when your team is aware of it and catches them overextending (yay wards).

I also definitely think lately that my typical group of players I play with our normal elo has risen decently. There have been a lot of games this week where the other teams weren't slouches and we played really well and I'm happy with that. This past week and weekend I've been on a tryhard streak in terms of seeing if I can consistently dominate or be a definite factor that the other team has to account for in games.

In terms of getting experience and having fun I would like to join a team interested in competing in Go4LoL or online tourneys. Need to start somewhere if you want to improve yeah?

In terms of what I play, I mainly play junglers or support. But am comfortable with specific champs for top and mid lanes when required. Also I hard carried a ranked game with Taric when we started 0-9 simply by pretty much calling all the shots after that point. Zoso knows :3. I really agree with PX where even if you your lanes get destroyed (that Taric game we started like 0-9). At least at my Elo (1350ish-1400ish) as long as you organize and start doing team objectives (dragons,towers,barons, group gankings, etc.) you can easily turn games around because a lot of teams simply don't know how to use that early advantage.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
:| I want to play more.
Smash. Girls. Homework.
I hate priorities.
Zzzzz
-DD

straight8

Banned via Warnings
Probably sleeping or in school.. but always in GA
u shouldnt be getting philo probably unless u need the regen in lane (aka you are a mana ***** or u have to spam spells to farm) or youre building into shurelias or cloak and dagger

if u are ap carry u are better off just getting a lot of dorans rings. support should just get ap or survivability now instead of getting 3 gold/5s imo

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
u shouldnt be getting philo probably unless u need the regen in lane (aka you are a mana ***** or u have to spam spells to farm) or youre building into shurelias or cloak and dagger

if u are ap carry u are better off just getting a lot of dorans rings. support should just get ap or survivability now instead of getting 3 gold/5s imo
philo is the most gold efficient gold/10 by a mile and a half, even after the nerfs. if you have mana and are getting any gold/10, Philo is the #1 priority.

All 4 gold/10s is dumb, but the best carriers for it are Alistar and then Poppy I guess. I dunno, it's pretty stupid to go beyond 3 at this point.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Start with the targetted spell. Harass with it and autoattacks early on. If you get a read on where she's running while she's burning*, then use your pillar- don't use it just to harass with on it's own. It's way more efficient in combination with E so you get that 25% extra damage.

If she's saving her stun, just push the wave with W->E so she's forced to use her spells to clear the wave. Then you can go back to harassing her.

It's a pretty **** matchup for Brand, tbh, if you do it correctly.

*- People expect the pillar after the E, so you can usually autoattack a couple times before using your pillar while they try to move around to dodge the pillar that's likely coming soon after.
Thanks for that man.

I never really thought of auto attacking a little bit after E.

I've been trying to get better at placing W behind where I think they are going to move to so they run into it.

Yeah it's just the fear of getting stunned against Annie is huge, so I don't feel I can pressure her as much.

I get too confident sometimes and she just Ult stuns me and I'm dead in like a second.

My laptop also kinda sucks, the best FPS I get in like 20 one on on then like 5-10 in team fights :(

Makes playing kinda difficult.

Also wondering, 1st big item purchase, Archangels or the Hat?

I'm leaning towards archangels because of mana issues I have early>mid game.

I find myself unable to farm/pressure because I have no mana left.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I will grab HoG, Philo, and Kage on support Alistar, but that's about it. You generally want to max out at 2 (most often Philo and HoG), even on Poppy. You can't delay her items THAT long.

@Arc - Don't let DanGR yell at you about jungling, he knows nothing!

@Sent - as an AP you generally want deathcap to be your first major item. Archangel's is very minor, and honestly you probably could go without it entirely. Grab some survivability instead.

Top Bottom