• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
When I say people are gonna rage I mean they're gonna rage about it being "too good."
2.1 second pounce?

GAY.
lololol. And swipe buff. And MR/Armor on cougar now.

RAGEBLADE NIDALEE GONNA POOP ON KIDS HARDER. INC FOTM

MacD

Banned via Administration
the thing i hate most about ranked right now is i always seem to win my lane but everyone else is just stupid or a rager or will just QQ

can't think of a time i lost top as irelia, or where it's been my fault as support/AD carry that bot lane lost

what are the best times to play ranked? or maybe the worst times? i know that i can get my ELO higher but stupid people keep pissing me off and vanz gets screwed whatever he does cause our team is normally so derp. is the best thing just keep going and it should even out eventually in my favor till i get to the spot i should be at?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
is the best thing just keep going and it should even out eventually in my favor till i get to the spot i should be at?
Yes, you will get higher eventually if you're meant to be higher. My biggest piece of advice is not to rationalize failure with saying you're in "elo hell," even if you're a firm believer in it. You're not gonna get better thinking matchmaking is unfair to you.

On a similar note, a lot of folks just think they're better than everyone at their elo. As players, we're definitely better at certain things; however, we're likely (statistically speaking) worse than our teammates in other areas, and usually only notice teammates' faults when it's something we've learned not to do.

For example, me.

I win my lane 90% of the time I play Nidalee, either getting a million kills or outfarming my lane opponent by a ****-ton + getting first tower. But I don't win every game, even if I don't get trolled.

I feel like I'm better than the people I'm playing with, but probably because I'm only noticing what my teammates are doing wrong, and I haven't yet NOTICED what I'M doing wrong or could do better, and what my TEAMMATES are doing better than me at.

For me, it's obviously something beyond the laning phase that I need to figure out.

For you. Well. That's for you to figure out. :/

I want me replays :[

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Yes, you will get higher eventually if you're meant to be higher.
I wish I could live in Fantasy Land too. It would make much more sense that way. I don't know much about this so-called "elo hell," but I sure as **** know about solo queue lottery and how ranked games are basically a coin flip of which team gets the worse players.

[Edit] Also, Dota2 looks sexy as hell. And a pretty good game is happening, I'm too rusty in my dota to really appreciate everything that's happening but it's kinda lame that it's almost 70 min in now. -_-

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
If there's ever a spectre in the game expect them to try to make that game go as late as possible.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wish I could live in Fantasy Land too. It would make much more sense that way. I don't know much about this so-called "elo hell," but I sure as **** know about solo queue lottery and how ranked games are basically a coin flip of which team gets the worse players.

[Edit] Also, Dota2 looks sexy as hell. And a pretty good game is happening, I'm too rusty in my dota to really appreciate everything that's happening but it's kinda lame that it's almost 70 min in now. -_-
Coin flip -20% chance your team gets a bad flip, because you know, you're on it.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Even if hardcore Dota players recognize the reason this game is dragging on so long, it's a horrendous way to advertise the game. Everything besides the character model and abilities looks pretty bland, but I'm chalking that up to not polished yet?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
DotA 2 will be good
LoL is good

let's all be friends.

last night I had a 15/1/4 Pantheon game where the team scores were 21-17. I'm sure if Jazriel had been in this game, he would've lost, come into this thread and raged about he'd love to see some 2K player carry that group of *******.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Even if hardcore Dota players recognize the reason this game is dragging on so long, it's a horrendous way to advertise the game. Everything besides the character model and abilities looks pretty bland, but I'm chalking that up to not polished yet?
From what I've seen it's exactly what anyone that still plays DotA would want in DotA 2, it's DotA on a new engine.

DotA 2 will be good
LoL is good

let's all be friends.
^

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Oh I know...so when I go home today my first game will definitely be a loss

also at 1 time i was at 1635 elo. now im like 1530 or something....I'm afraid to play ranked again..LOL

Jazriel

Smash Ace
last night I had a 15/1/4 Pantheon game where the team scores were 21-17. I'm sure if Jazriel had been in this game, he would've lost, come into this thread and raged about he'd love to see some 2K player carry that group of *******.
You realize this doesn't mean anything since you didn't say if you won or lost. Also, Pantheon.

arch knight

Smash Lord
ive never played a rank game yet :/ i just stick to norms for some reason just to avoid being so heavily criticized :/

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
How do you get into the Dota 2 open beta? I started a download yesterday and put Steam on my comp but got sidetracked by other things. Now I can't find a download link for the actual game.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I can't say I'm a fan of some of the new DotA sound effects (the minion clashing effects are particularly grating to me, but the remodels look hella sexy. I'm a particular fan of how they made Tiny look, and how he "ages" when he beefs up.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
won

then play pantheon

Cool, so your situational situation means you should come onto these forums and try to trollbait me? Mogwai, I said you were too easy and it looks like that hasn't changed.

How many times did your jungler gank? What were the picks like? Did your teammates have many assists? Was the enemy team any good?

Going 15-1 with panth and winning a game with a score of 21-17 means you got lucky and ended up with a team that was better than the other team, regardless of how bad they were. I can't imagine that if the enemy team had enough cc and built armour you could've done any of that, unless your teammates had a lot of assists.

Dissecting the solo q lottery is fail. Why don't you try playing a game where your buttons don't work and you have to rejoin twice in the first few minutes? Oh wait, your hypocrisy has again been revealed not even in the last few pages. Mr. "I can't play sub-30 accounts."

QQ moar

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
actually, all I'm saying is that if you're allowed to come on here and say:

So earlier in this thread Mogwai mentioned something about how "good" players can carry bad games. I dare someone, I -dare- them, to try to carry some of the **** games I've had to deal with today. How do you win when their akali goes godlike in the first 10 minutes because your fiddle jungler thinks that he can 1v1 akali (who has ignite) in her own creep wave.

I really want to see someone carry that ****.
Vayne, Morgana, Fiddle, Tryndamere, Blitzcrank. I was Vayne 7-1 for the mid game. My team was garbage and refused to initiate. Ended 9-6 because once their noct and olaf got fed there was nothing I could do to stay alive.

I'd love to see a 2k+ elo player try to carry that ****.
I'm gonna come on here and say, hey, look, http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3139/1v5n.png. I carried that ****. <3 Jaz :bee:

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Got over 6300 IP. Who should I get?

Brand
Jarvan
Nasus
Malzahar
Kog'Maw
Ezreal
Mordekaiser
Extra Rune Page

Also, I'm toying around with a speed farm setup on Ashe. Run g/10 quints and the mastery, Skill: EWEQE and then normal. It's worked somewhat well so far and it's helped in lanes where I get some of the farm denied.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
actually, all I'm saying is that if you're allowed to come on here and say:

I'm gonna come on here and say, hey, look, http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3139/1v5n.png. I carried that ****. <3 Jaz :bee:

Should I post my 20-0 Vayne game where my team fed horribly and I carried? I can carry bad teams too. Heavy teams happen and the chance of having one in solo queue, is exactly that, chance. Also, Pantheon.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So for the past two weeks i've been playing Solo queue since the main people I play with are either in a match already, or not on. Teammates either feeding on purpose or leaving start/mid-game.

I've probably won less then 15 games and lost 40 or so, Quite annoying.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Got over 6300 IP. Who should I get?

Brand
Jarvan
Nasus
Malzahar
Kog'Maw
Ezreal
Mordekaiser
Extra Rune Page

Also, I'm toying around with a speed farm setup on Ashe. Run g/10 quints and the mastery, Skill: EWEQE and then normal. It's worked somewhat well so far and it's helped in lanes where I get some of the farm denied.
I'd probably say it's a toss up between Brand and Jarvan, but plenty of solid choices there. In terms of the extra rune page I would (if you can) just buy the rune page bundle. You can ask and they will refund ip if you have purchased pages before you got the bundle. Pretty good investment imo.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
depends on your goal Vocal. Morde is currently considered OP across basically all Elos, lol, so he's actually the best pick on there in terms of power. Jarvan and Ezreal are the most fun of the patch IMO.
Yea, this is sort of what I was thinking. I know Morde has the capability of stomping at every level, but at the same time Jarvan's still crazy strong and never afraids of anything, and Ezreal seems like an extremely fun ranged carry (my favorite type of champ to play).

Choices choices...

Top Bottom