• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Very close to ignoring this Able kid.

I'm wondering if the new Spirit Visage would be good for Trundle (especially a possible lane Trundle). It might work with his passive now, will work with Wriggles, and it improves his ult as well.

john!

Smash Hero
does anybody see anything wrong with this?

i posted this on the lol forums and people found nothing wrong with it. my thread got closed to downvotes, lol.

more proof that the average league player is ********?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer

i posted this on the lol forums and people found nothing wrong with it. my thread got closed to downvotes, lol.

the thing you're missing is...

Riot staff programmed it.

so...

Abel1994

Smash Lord
just went gp 26/13/12 and lost because our panth didnt no how to build and went 4/23/1 and my team failed...

and the game after that...

Cia

das kwl

LOL.. i noticed right away.
----

Earlier i got this comment in game.

"FML i hate leblanc. she's OP for like 10 minutes"

loooool

john!

Smash Hero
every time i use swain i become more convinced of how op he is. he has higher burst than annie, better sustained damage, and heals for several times his ap over the course of a fight. nobody ever uses him so shhhhhh lol

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
After around 20 or so games today, I finally played a game where my internet DIDN'T disconnect me and I won.

Twitch is still broken once he's fed properly.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero

I'm gonna guess that some Loss Forgiven's are skewing the numbers. The case is probably that they won't count as negatives against win rate but count towards the total used to calculate it.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
ZAC

can u upload one or two replays of your lee sin and teemo that i can watch sometime?
preferably ones where u solo a lane

i just want to watch someone skileld with those champions play, and might as well ask you

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Just finished possibly the most ******** and second longest game i've ever played on LoL...

We Really should've won this... if our Xin and Kogmaw didn't leave around 20/30 minutes ago.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
only their rumble has armor..
Which is why I killed him enough for him to finally buy armor while the others (Mostly Fiddlesticks and Maoki) I fed off of.
I took bot with Xin and killed Maoki and Master Yi in less then 2 minutes so I was already fed with my BoM and Dagger already.

why does the jax have the shield o-o
Look at his deaths compared to kills (That I allowed him to take alot which is where the 11 assists literally came from) and ask that question again.

Getting him fed becomes an issue in the higher summoner levels.
I'm level 18 and have no runes yet... I just need another two levels of torture bad teammates and terrible internet.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's always the teammates and internet.
And what if it actually was? What would happen if, as probability would dictate, there was a person who had terrible teammates an unusually large amount of the time, and had lag issues the rest of the time?

You're an idiot for blindly assuming that your experiences in life are applicable to other people. Grow up.

Leacero

Smash Lord
And what if it actually was? What would happen if, as probability would dictate, there was a person who had terrible teammates an unusually large amount of the time, and had lag issues the rest of the time?

You're an idiot for blindly assuming that your experiences in life are applicable to other people. Grow up.
Yeah, **** matchmaking and **** substandard internet for everything that doesn't cover.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration

aw, come on. you picked the wrong post this time. now it looks like you're trying too hard here.

Leacero

Smash Lord
most of the time it is, in my case.

must be nice getting carried and having expensive internet and not having a clue?
Yeah, goddamn that dude is doing better than me in solo queue so he must be getting carried by those guys who never get bad teammates.

******* Mogwai and his incredible luck!!11!1

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer

Law of Large Numbers, Jazriel. If you want to argue with possibly the fundamental law of probability, be my guest, but you aren't going to win it.

Also, stop flaming or infractions will be dolled out.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
idk, jazriel just a really bad (bad = over the top) troll or just super butthurt that he cant carry in ranked

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Law of Large Numbers, Jazriel. If you want to argue with possibly the fundamental law of probability, be my guest, but you aren't going to win it.

Also, stop flaming or infractions will be dolled out.
An "average" is essentially the peak of a bell curve. There are always outliers. There are always people at the far left and far right. People who get carried to an ELO they don't belong in, and people who are below the ELO they do belong in.

Just because you magically throw out the word "average" doesn't mean it applies to everyone. While it is somewhat acceptable to agree with the idea that people who don't win a lot are bad, it is in fact a logical fallacy. This game isn't designed well enough to rate people on their individual abilities and their team abilities. This is a team game after all, and I'm sure everyone has experienced those good games that are lost simply because one person on your team is bad.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Did you read the article? Have you taken a college/graduate level statistics class or understood what you are trying to refute? The more samples taken the more the actual values approach their theoretical values.

OK, I am just going to pick apart your argument.

An "average" is essentially the peak of a bell curve.
There is no reason to assume the Elo in LoL is a bell curve. In fact, I'd be willing to bet it's not a symmetrical bell curve. It most likely is a bi-modal curve due to the great amount of very low Elo players and the players at 1400 due to Elo decay. Any statistics you have for a bell curve are essentially null and void now.

There are always outliers. There are always people at the far left and far right. People who get carried to an ELO they don't belong in, and people who are below the ELO they do belong in.
Yes, there are outliers, but you are stretching the concept of it to new widths. This occurs when there is a small sample of games/actions taken. When the numbers are drastically increased, the probability of you having bad members on your team vs the other team having those crappy members is 50%. There may be streaks either way during that time, but as a whole after a substantial amount of games, it's 50%. This is true for everyone, independent of Elo or skill in the game. This isn't opinion, this is mathematics, founded on logic and the Zermelo-Fraenkel Axioms of set theory. If you refute this, then this may be one of the greatest finding in the history of math.

Just because you magically throw out the word "average" doesn't mean it applies to everyone.
Why am I not allowed to use the word 'average' as pertaining to an entire set, namely the players of LoL. It is a perfectly valid claim; any sort of quantitative statistics can use averages and the value of that average relates to the entire set. I don't know why you are averse to me using this valued term in our debate.

While it is somewhat acceptable to agree with the idea that people who don't win a lot are bad, it is in fact a logical fallacy.
What fallacy? If two players were to play numerous matches against each other, and the first player won significantly more matches, would we label him the 'better' player or the 'worse' player? 'Better', obviously, because in this game, where the sole objective is to win the game, those who win more are considered 'better'. We did not create this labels arbitrarily and they have been used since the dawn of competition, online or real life. This is no fallacy.

This game isn't designed well enough to rate people on their individual abilities and their team abilities.
Why not? You give this conclusion with no actual evidence or backing. On average (a solid average, due to millions of people playing this game and many more millions of games being played) the players with higher Elo will most likely win more games than those of lower Elo. This isn't opinion, it is fact and is represented by the wins and loses tallied by every player. And as you'll see from the previous paragraph, players that tend to win more through a sample of numerous games are considered 'better' players.

This is a team game after all, and I'm sure everyone has experienced those good games that are lost simply because one person on your team is bad.
Here, you fail to acknowledge the games where you [everyone] plays poorly and happens to be carried. This happens with the same frequency as feeders on your team; matching does not have a bias towards you or any other player. Feeders can happen in relatively long streaks, but so can being carried and, by the LLN, the line will even out.

In terms of real world example, it is curious that no real, sustained, professional athlete in a major league would match your example of an outlier, even in team games where the result of the game does not rest entirely on his shoulders. Given that real life sports has a much, much larger sample size than LoL, this would be considered incredibly improbable. What is much more likely is that 'bad' players are behaving according the the Dunning-Kruger Effect, a cognitive bias where incompetent people are so incompetent to the point that they can't recognize their incompetence and therefore overestimate their skill, denying them the ability to see their mistakes in full.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
hes just fishing for a long response.
we all realize jazriel is not very good at this game. just ignore what he says if hes going to call other opinions logical fallacies

tldr jazriel isnt #1. probably not even #2

john!

Smash Hero
the thing is, your first 20 games or so have a huge effect on your score. i tanked my first few games in ranked, losing something like 25 elo for each one i believe. then it took me forever to get out, even though i was significantly better than my teammates, because winning 60% of your games and gaining 12 elo for each win still takes forever. they need to rework the system imo.

Top Bottom