• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Flat hp/5 are very good, though very expensive. I've run them on Irelia for a long time, I think since flat HP got nerfed and I decided to try alternatives. I've found they're good on champions that rely on flat out sustain or attrition based harassment. The downside is that they lose some of their value against other champions that rely on regen, all they do is keep the playing field level.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm strongly leaning towards using them, the only downside is they're 2k IP a piece. 6k IP could be spent on another rune page so I was looking for some input if it would be worth replacing my MS Quints with regen ones for Leona. She does move a little slow. Might as well try 'em out.
I personally love movespeed quints, but I think that's more important for characters that have skillshot CCs but no leaping gap closers (like Blitz, Cho, etc). Other tanks/tanky DPS that do have high mobility skills like Jarvan and Leona can make really good use of lane staying power to outfarm/outharrass the other lanes.

I have Abel on ignore currently. Don't even get warning that he's posting b/c of No Script/Adblock.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Today someone called me a fat jerk who lives in my mother's basement. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

D

Deleted member

advice on jarvan jungle?

i dont think jarvan is good top lane anymore (still good vs lots of people but not vs current fotm champs) and is more suited for the jungle

1/18/11

cloth +5 red pots --> wriggles, wits end/ sunfire,

or rejuv+1 red pot+ great leash at blue --> philo, hog, sunfire, wits end.. then next item based on who is fed/team dependent, either atmas or FoN .. or randuins?

wriggles path seems to make early game much more comfortable but seems to make ur mid/late game weaker while philo/hog path sets u up for a good mid/late game, which do u guys think is better and why?

or should i get claw only then hog/philo

solecalibur

Smash Master
Would never put wits end or sunfire on jarv

Get Heart o gold and philo stone , and then adjust to the team accordingly , I never get warmogs on him either.

I just started playin with him but after my first loop in the jungle i can start out my philo stone asap, to make my mana problems go away when blue isnt around (or counter jungled).

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I don't ignore able, because I like to see how dumb he makes himself seem.

I can't understand it. The 1994 in his username implies he was born then, or that something important happened in his life that year. That means he is at least 16, probably 17.

That's my age.

I don't know anyone without a mental disability who has such a hard time with grammar, unless they never went to school.

I don't see how able would be able to play league or even have Internet if he wasn't able to go to school.

Able, y u so dum?

:phone:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
advice on jarvan jungle?

i dont think jarvan is good top lane anymore (still good vs lots of people but not vs current fotm champs) and is more suited for the jungle

1/18/11

cloth +5 red pots --> wriggles, wits end/ sunfire,

or rejuv+1 red pot+ great leash at blue --> philo, hog, sunfire, wits end.. then next item based on who is fed/team dependent, either atmas or FoN .. or randuins?

wriggles path seems to make early game much more comfortable but seems to make ur mid/late game weaker while philo/hog path sets u up for a good mid/late game, which do u guys think is better and why?

or should i get claw only then hog/philo
I have a guide here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=197821

Also, Conn0r's been talking on my wall about GP builds, and asked about mine, but I figure it's better to post it in the open rather than keep it on someone's profile wall just in case someone else cares about it.

I run a 0/21/9 spec with flash + ignite or a 1/21/8 spec if I took exhaust over ignite (mostly preference). My runepage gets tweaked all the time, but basically I'm looking to run Armor Pen Marks, a few Dodge Seals with the rest as Flat Armor Seals, and a mix of Flat and Scaling MRes on my Glyphs. Quints are largely preferential, with Flat AD, Armor Pen, Flat Armor, and Flat MRes being the top options.

I open boots + 3 hp pots in lane with Parrrley 1st, followed by E, then W, into a R > Q = E > W skill priority. I tend to prefer E over Q vs. Melee and Q over E vs. ranged. Once you hit level 2, you should probably just E -> Q -> run up and cut them until they flash -> zone them off creeps in most matchups because GP is so hilariously OP that he can almost always just do that (he can't vs. strong early level sustainers like udyr).

From here, your item build path has a few options. In most matchups, I just straight rush Triforce. The order for the items is preferential, but generally speaking phage is #1 because it combos with your passive for a wtfbbqhax slow that makes it almost impossible for your opponent to run. If you need higher damage parleys to trade at a range, sheen is your option, and zeal is generally my #2 if I didn't need the sheen for trading with my Q. In harder lanes where you can't just kill them, I'll grab philo + hog and just chill out and farm up a storm. If you're vs. a self healer who you think you can beat by limiting their heals, rush Executioner's Calling and remember to use the active all the time. It's on a 20 sec CD so you can push people around and limit their healing a lot with it. Even if I don't go EC, I'm still usually looking to grab a vamp scepter in lane because GP's base damage is straight up silly and eh autoattacks stuff and doesn't afraid of anything.

For boots, get zerker's greaves most of the time. Remove scurvy makes mercs less important and zerkers are extremely efficient. If I could rush triforce, after Triforce I'm just looking for whatever tanking items make sense. If you're farming well and it looks like a long game is inc, grab warmog's -> atma's -> FoN and roflstomp the opposing team in the balls, but frequently you'll be better off just grabbing stuff like Sunfire and Banshee's or hell, even just rushing a GA. If you didn't rush triforce, instead grab a phage 1st and then look to tank out. I really don't have set items for tanking out on GP, but in general he likes HP alongside his mitigation so I tend to like sunfire, banshee's and omen over other options unless I think I have time to get a warmog's. I've also recently been liking Wit's end a lot on him since it speeds up your attack animation of chasing down *****es with your built in red buff. It's not an all the time item, but if you need extra MRes and want to hit harder to boot, it seems like the best option.

I guess the tl;dr here is that GP's base damage is stupid enough that you don't have to go balls out for that IE because you're going to be rapestroying people anyway, so just make sure you live long enough to rapestroy them.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I don't ignore able, because I like to see how dumb he makes himself seem.

I can't understand it. The 1994 in his username implies he was born then, or that something important happened in his life that year. That means he is at least 16, probably 17.

That's my age.

I don't know anyone without a mental disability who has such a hard time with grammar, unless they never went to school.

I don't see how able would be able to play league or even have Internet if he wasn't able to go to school.

Able, y u so dum?

:phone:
lol

I could type good if I want to, but its the internet so no point. Why do I need perfect grammar?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm not going to repeat myself, drop this line of conversation right now or infractions will be handed out.

Talk about League of Legends in this thread.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'm not going to repeat myself, drop this line of conversation right now or infractions will be handed out.

Talk about League of Legends in this thread.
your avatar makes me laugh so hard every time I see it :lol:

Anyway, it'd been forever since I played a ranked game . . . <3 leona so much.

4/3/24 in a game that went for less than 40 minutes? nothing like being able to tank a whole team's DPS while stunning their high priority targets for 3+ seconds.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I've gotten my main back and have decided that the way to start attracting more viewers is to play more Karma.
<3 karma. she's so underrated just because she has no good CC (honestly, if her "thread" move were changed . . . she would be 100% fine)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Also, Conn0r's been talking on my wall about GP builds, and asked about mine, but I figure it's better to post it in the open rather than keep it on someone's profile wall just in case someone else cares about it.

I guess the tl;dr here is that GP's base damage is stupid enough that you don't have to go balls out for that IE because you're going to be rapestroying people anyway, so just make sure you live long enough to rapestroy them.
Mogwai, I wanna thank you SO much for teaching me the ways of the pirate. I'm sooo upset at myself for following my previous build and that damn guide. I can't wait to be not instantly destroyed in team fights as GP now. :)

I'm looking to run Armor Pen Marks, a few Dodge Seals with the rest as Flat Armor Seals, and a mix of Flat and Scaling MRes on my Glyphs. Quints are largely preferential, with Flat AD, Armor Pen, Flat Armor, and Flat MRes being the top options.

Also, can you explain the runes part you were talking about? I'm not very familiar with the lingo and abbreviations. I know the types of runes and stuff but have no idea which ones to buy to follow you.

Once again, thanks Mogwai :D you're awesome.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I mean SmashGizmo's password was cracked and then some douchebag trolled Westrice with revive mundo and killed himself all game. Then he left another game and didn't log back onto my account again all weekend.
I feel for you bro. That **** sucks.
The dude who cracked mine ragequit a game as Brand.

But I wasn't playing with Westrice.>_>

:| At least Riot got back to you within a month.
-DD

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Played a premade game yesterday with a level 12 on my team... get paired up against Dirty Kiss Ma (ranked 54 on the solo queue ladder). Real matchmaking.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I feel for you bro. That **** sucks.
The dude who cracked mine ragequit a game as Brand.

But I wasn't playing with Westrice.>_>

:| At least Riot got back to you within a month.
-DD
they didn't actually. =\, still no response on my support tickets, but I tried the automated recovery again today for ****s and giggles and it sent the recovery email to my email, so they must've done something.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Played a premade game yesterday with a level 12 on my team... get paired up against Dirty Kiss Ma (ranked 54 on the solo queue ladder). Real matchmaking.
I believe normal matchmaking and ranked matchmaking have no overlap. At least, that's the general impression I have.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I've never posted on this thread so bare with me.
what are some good builds for leblanc and lux?
Nice av.

I don't play LeBlanc, but for Lux it's good to prioritize AP and CDR. Her massive range allows you to build glass cannon most of the time, and you're going to need to in order to make her average-ish ratios actually hurt enough in a fight.

Your builds should generally include either Ionian Boots of Lucidity, Morello's Deathcap, or Deathfire Grasp (usually one of the former, as the range on DFG is closer than you want to be to a fight). Once you've decided on your CDR item, other good item options include Deathcap (I rush this often), Mejai's (if you predict the game will go well enough), Void Staff (a necessity for late game), Lich Bane (generally just a lulzy item when the other team is bad and/or doesn't have a gap closer), and Zhonya's Hourglass (for the max AP).

If you need a defensive option (often will need at least one), you can build Abyssal Scepter, Banshee's (basically the best defensive item in the game), or Quicksilver Sash (for the times when Banshee's can be easily popped [a la Ashe] or vs. suppression champs).

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I feel much better now that you're telling me he might've been building into a lichbane with no other AP items.

And I don't watch any streams. I understand why people enjoy them, but I personally don't care to be on the other end of watching people play the game other than in Tourney settings.

And the point is not whether or not his teammates suck, but rather that it's hypocritical and asinine to pull **** like playing Trifroce Sona and then rage about elo hell. You wanna get out, ****ing make it happen and don't **** around. The impression I've gotten is that Bob doesn't actually care to get out, which is fine, so I don't resent him for it, but every goddamn time I see someone post an AP warwick or glass cannon Xin or triforce Sona game of Bob's and use it as proof of "OMG, elo hell, just look at Bob," I get mad because that's stupid.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I watch several streams and find mogwais to be far superior to bobs. Its not that mog has some holier then thou attitude. hes just a better player lol.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
man i really think im going to uninstall this game.

i swear to god im in elo hell. and it does ****ing exist. my teammates r always ********. 2 always feed. 1 always dc's. doesnt matter if im mord going mid or corki, i cant carry these idiots.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Is it really that hard to find people to play premades with? Yes, we get that there are a lot of horrible teammates, EVERYONE has to deal with it not just the people complaining about it. Either just focus on how you do yourself and try to improve or just play with friends and don't play solo que. If you are not having fun with the game even in premades then yeah you should probably quit but complaining about solo que when you have other options is like a child throwing a temper tantrum and it gets old seeing so many people do it :/.

Seriously, everyone else goes through this as well when they solo que.

john!

Smash Hero
i bet mogwai actually is a better player than bob. that doesn't change the fact that i see bob get a bad team almost every time i tune in, not like he rages about it or anything. i would guess that the reason he got a sheen was because he realized he couldn't support such a bad team and decided to add some damage to his build.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Bob isn't the best of players; he does know how to play the game however. If you watch really high level elo streams like Wickd or Ocelot, you'll truly learn a lot.

Top Bottom