• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Vyke

Smash Champion
He's worth a ban because nobody feels like learning how to play against him. That and he's pretty good at that thing called ganking, which tends to be pretty effective in Solo Q.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Because people don't get that having 80% Attack Speed buff (yi has this), 60 attack damage (yi has 70), 35% movement speed (yi has 40%, plus higher base) [Master Yi is coined as the highest scaling carry in the game, and all yi has is 10 attack damage and an extra auto attack every 7 strikes more than him] with a spell shield coupled with being able to be completely safe from all initiation while still being able to instantly come into any fight WHILE HAVING a really good early game, being able to jungle extremely well, and having great ganks is AN AMAZING CHARACTER.

Do you know how orgasmic Shaco would be if placing a jack in the box down didn't have an extremely long animation? How orgasmic would it be if it wouldn't be instantly exploded anywhere past the 15 minute mark. How orgasmic would it be if Shaco's clone just -couldn't die- for the full duration, allowing Shaco to maximise his dps without any reliable counters?

While Shaco's ganks (bar ult) and counter jungling are still best in the game, his kit doesn't allow him to be at the worst, the 3rd best scaling carry in the game without intuitive counter mechanics (oh... other than like DONT USE A STUN ON HIM COZ HE'LL SPELL SHIELD IT, HURR)

P.S. Arguably, Shaco has the highest scaling of just about any character in the game, imagine if he could actually abuse that?
Two 1:1 AP ratio skills. One of those skills also dealing 50% of his AD ontop as well.
One skill which deals 175% of his AP ratio over the duration.
A 220% of AD single target blink. Any further increases to "Crit Damage" also applied (not multiplicatively): Runes, Masteries, Infinity Edge
A 20% of AD steroid tacked on for 'striking behind'. Scales with criticals and sheen.
75% increase of his AD (exclusive of backstab) while his attack speed is doubled for 18 seconds

The only thing that's got me wondering is when Riot will "unbug" his clone from not being able to deal critical strikes (he used to, riot got informed, they said it was a bug, hasn't been fixed yet)

Frolossus

Smash Lord
i feel like the problem with hard carrying in LoL is the fact that you can just CC everyone to death
dota had BKB which is how people could just 1v5 the other team

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Fro: Well I never get CC'd to death because if I'm playing a hard carry I just buy BV, QSS and pack a Cleanse.

This game really isn't that hard gaiz kmahn.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I approve of this so greatly!
protip: If you suck less, you'll do better :colorful:

Why are people banning Nocturne in ranked? Is he really worth a ban?

We gotta play together sometime! But you'll have to carry me mad hard LOL

Because people don't get that having 80% Attack Speed buff (yi has this), 60 attack damage (yi has 70), 35% movement speed (yi has 40%, plus higher base) [Master Yi is coined as the highest scaling carry in the game, and all yi has is 10 attack damage and an extra auto attack every 7 strikes more than him] with a spell shield coupled with being able to be completely safe from all initiation while still being able to instantly come into any fight WHILE HAVING a really good early game, being able to jungle extremely well, and having great ganks is AN AMAZING CHARACTER.

Do you know how orgasmic Shaco would be if placing a jack in the box down didn't have an extremely long animation? How orgasmic would it be if it wouldn't be instantly exploded anywhere past the 15 minute mark. How orgasmic would it be if Shaco's clone just -couldn't die- for the full duration, allowing Shaco to maximise his dps without any reliable counters?

While Shaco's ganks (bar ult) and counter jungling are still best in the game, his kit doesn't allow him to be at the worst, the 3rd best scaling carry in the game without intuitive counter mechanics (oh... other than like DONT USE A STUN ON HIM COZ HE'LL SPELL SHIELD IT, HURR)

P.S. Arguably, Shaco has the highest scaling of just about any character in the game, imagine if he could actually abuse that?
Two 1:1 AP ratio skills. One of those skills also dealing 50% of his AD ontop as well.
One skill which deals 175% of his AP ratio over the duration.
A 220% of AD single target blink. Any further increases to "Crit Damage" also applied (not multiplicatively): Runes, Masteries, Infinity Edge
A 20% of AD steroid tacked on for 'striking behind'. Scales with criticals and sheen.
75% increase of his AD (exclusive of backstab) while his attack speed is doubled for 18 seconds

The only thing that's got me wondering is when Riot will "unbug" his clone from not being able to deal critical strikes (he used to, riot got informed, they said it was a bug, hasn't been fixed yet)
I wonder what happens when you have Irelia with mercury treads and cleanse...
Would she actually ever stop?
I'm a Yi main, and this is probably a noob question, but what is this spell shield you speak of?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
He's talking about Nocturne's spellshield.
Passively gives him a 40% attack speed buff at rank 5 and upon blocking an ability doubles to 80% for 5 seconds.

DUB

Smash Lord
Olaf speeds through the jungle but I have trouble ganking with him. I really don't see how his ganks even compare to rammus/shaco during the laning phase. late game he is a different story. I need to l2Olaf

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I think the dash portion of nocturne's ult needs a range nerf. Also, I'm sick of seeing him in every game. I guess that's gonna last for at least another two weeks though, since he'll be free for the first week of the next patch. :/

jpak

Smash Lord

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
^ Nocturne super squishy in teamfights. It's why he usually just jumps the support/back row character and tries to off them before he dies.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Anybody know when the Mac version of this game is coming out? I know that you can play via Bootcamp, but I'm just curious if anyone has heard anymore news about it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
spellshield wins 1v1's, not 5v5's.
He's a carry.
He has (likely) a spell shield and a banshee's veil late game.

Your team initiates at the same time you use your ultimate. You have your support 'supporting you' just like any other carry would be getting.
You come in there and you've either popped all banshee's veils with your ult (not the best situation) while you have your team's ccs going off. In jungle fights, the use of his ultimate + brush of any sort = just as much effectiveness as otherwise.
In main area fights (dragon/baron/lanes) he's still very effective - if the enemy team has their carry cc'd, Nocturnes going to be ON THEM throwing a 2 second fear on them.

I suppose his weakness as a carry comes from needing to be on a team with great cc initiation + a great burst mage (or another character who can force people to retreat... like... just about every 'bruiser')
However, those latter two are pretty much always available because this game has like 70-80 characters now, so :awesome:.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Anybody know when the Mac version of this game is coming out? I know that you can play via Bootcamp, but I'm just curious if anyone has heard anymore news about it.
You can get it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8PD2JMHB

but you will have to do some updating once it installs. Expect at least an hour of downloads once you get it installed and run the updater.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Nocturne's only problems are the same problems as all the other squishy melee dps assassins. Yi, Shaco, Himself. They don't exactly excel in teamfights, but they all have a way to skirt around them and pick people off.

Spellshield wins against DYING A HORRIBLE DEATH TO CC. :|

And if you take more than one CC, you were out of position in the first place.

jpak

Smash Lord
run aoe comp, have cc, nocturne = useless. but still banworthy for annoyance :[

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I learned 3 things today.

1) Playing Ashe in a side lane with someone who doesn't let you get the last hits is one of the worst experiences on earth. It becomes 25 minutes in and I still do **** for damage. Irgh, I'm just going to dodge if it ever comes to that again.

2) Ryze is one of the best mages out there due to the high end burst he can vomit out building nothing but tank and a tear. Seriously, he hurts, a lot, more than I realized before. Not to mention that 5 or so second cd snare (considering the other spells he'll be throwing out) is a great boost to cc utility.

3) Riot servers suck. Lag in every single game tonight, seriously.

Bonus #4) Bad Shen's are one of the most painful experiences to have to sit through -_-

Cia

das kwl
I think the dash portion of nocturne's ult needs a range nerf. Also, I'm sick of seeing him in every game. I guess that's gonna last for at least another two weeks though, since he'll be free for the first week of the next patch. :/
I don't mind Nocturne at all I usually just.. kill them..

But I'm sick to death of Jarvan. I've been liking this game less and less since his release.

thumbs - i'll find u online and we'll get some games in =)

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I'm definitely in love with Ryze.
He doesn't have quite the burst of other mages, but he has high sustained damage and ******** survivability.
I find myself hitting 3000+ health and 4000+ mana every game with a ton of armor and MR. That's just an average game, and when they go long it gets silly.

I've been building 9/0/21 for the CDR and Magic Pen in offense and the rest just going into utility.
I was thinking about 9/7/14 to get Strength of Spirit which would give him a lot of health regen even at level 1 when you have like 530 mana or whatever. Not sure which would be better, but willing to hear a suggestion as to what would be the best way to build his masteries.

I've been playing him for a day or two but I really wonder why he isn't seen more often. He can nuke down a single target and then still have consistent dps as he Q spams to refresh his cooldowns. Then combine how stupidly tanky he gets by building pure mana and it seems like he should be played more often. He does well in team fights, can 1v1 well, and he can push so well with his ult and E; his ult is on like a 30 second cooldown at max rank with CDR and with his passive it ends up being like 15-20 seconds or something like that. He can just clear waves in half a second and then still have all of his abilities for a teamfight.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I don't mind Nocturne at all I usually just.. kill them..

But I'm sick to death of Jarvan. I've been liking this game less and less since his release.

thumbs - i'll find u online and we'll get some games in =)
Sounds good, I'll be on tomorrow night. Agreed about Jarvan, what a broken son of a *****

Vyke

Smash Champion
I've been fortunate enough to simply flash out of Jarvan ults... so... I really never have any beef with the guy.

He's just too manly.

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff Kleeck, Px, Tom, Dan in that game with the double cv's. We all played really well, considering how hard they tried to counter jungle px. Ryze free farm 20 minuets gogo!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Why does nobody like Jarvan? I love when he ults me and he has to sit there hitting me when I have half of his Armor, MR, a large chunk of HP and a lot of his AD.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
AP Teemo is not working for me... :(

I think I might go back to tryharding this week, but funharding is more fun.

jpak

Smash Lord
This pretty much removes nearly every single character in the game bar tanks, some bruisers and ashe.
Okay if you say so. So how come every team doesn't do this? There's a way to fight aoe and cc comps, think outside the box :)

Top Bottom