• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

jpak

Smash Lord
Gragas, he's fat as ****.
!!! Yep one of the solutions! Thought we don't see a lot of Gragases after they took out locket. But he's still good, people think nerf = unplayable, not the case at all. Almost all champions are viable except for a few like karma twitch (sorry tom :p ) [speaking about arranged ranked/tourney games, all are viable in solo queue]

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Trundle is awesome anyway, Nocturne or not. Very underrated imo.
Oh he's definitely awesome, but counterjungling Nocturne is a lot easier than, say, Olaf.

When I see jungle Noc I have my team CV enemy golem after mine dies and if it's gone I go blue > wolves > enemy doublegolem > gank Noc as he comes by red.

Works every time. :awesome:

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I was up past 5am playing with some friends. Had a game as Ashe were I did over 580,000 total dmg and earned over 41,000 gold. I ended up selling my items and rebuying them multiple times. Alternated between getting Banshees/GA every 5min. Bought all pots/oracles multiple times. I was playing with scrubs, so we couldn't really do anything as a team.

I'm really not sure what to do late late game as far as items rofl. This was my build after several sell/buy/sell again: http://gyazo.com/0231e8a56718c6d4949aefb7c36c2da9.png

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So, talking about shaco earlier.

Just found out (in game) that Shaco's clone deals critical strikes again.

Back to two bloodthirsters and two phantom dancers build.
*****es will be *****ed on.

I will be UNSTOPPABLE

MT_

Smash Ace
If the game gets that late, then most people are going to have hard armor items and a Last Whisper is going to pierce the 160+ armor everyone's going to have much better than Black Cleaver.

And Trinity Force on Ashe is something I really haven't seen before haha. Could have probably substituted that for the Last Whisper. More expensive doesn't mean better!

Oh yeah. First time posting in SWF LoL forums. My LoL name is sworly and I play a buncha champs and am in the mid-upper 1600s solo ranked ELO. Sup.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I wasn't sure how to include lifesteal. I had bloodthirsters for most of the game but sold them later cause i kept dieing (again, this is a super scrubby team, we're talking three lv 15s).
IE
LW
BT
PD
PD
GA/BV

seems ideal. LW > BC for late game armor penetration. I dunno if you're too slow with just 2 PDs, if you are, you could always, you know, keep boots.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
The other day I was doing so well with annie that I sold half my build to build

mobile boots
Deathcap
Mejais (20 stacks)
Lich Bane
Madreds
Rylais

My auto attack did somwhere near 900 damage...LMAO

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Anyone got some Yi advice? I'm clueless on runes (I don't even know how to change them LOL) and which spells I should be using. Also, do any two weapons stack? Like if you buy a weapon, and then you buy it again do you always get all those abilities again? It's a stupid question, but I'm wondering if there are some exceptions to it

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
IE
LW
BT
PD
PD
GA/BV

seems ideal. LW > BC for late game armor penetration. I dunno if you're too slow with just 2 PDs, if you are, you could always, you know, keep boots.
Pretty much what I do as well, 2 PD's hits you at 390 ms on Ashe.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
"Let's how that plays out for him later in the game!"

I think I had the most fun I have ever had in LoL last night playing with Iggy and KevinM. We insta-locked in random champions and then professionally commentated our games. It was so fun xD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Anyone got some Yi advice? I'm clueless on runes (I don't even know how to change them LOL) and which spells I should be using. Also, do any two weapons stack? Like if you buy a weapon, and then you buy it again do you always get all those abilities again? It's a stupid question, but I'm wondering if there are some exceptions to it
anything that says "UNIQUE" does not stack. anything else does stack. For instance, if you buy 2 Infinity Edges, you'll get + 150 damage, +40% Crit Chance and 250% damage on crits. The first 2 portions aren't unique so you get it from both, the last portion is, so you don't get it from both.

the yi build that I see most nowadays is something like this:
cloth armor + 5 hp pots
boots
wriggle's lantern
zerker's greaves
warmog's armor
atma's impaler
banshee's veil

they just build really tanky because his natural damage output is really high off of just Wuju + Highlander. Obviously they jungle, but you're like, level 10 or something right? at that level, you probably wanna just chill in a lane and farm up to a wriggle's lantern and then just start mauling the jungle and ganking.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Nocturne pokes way to freaking hard at someone who's standing under their turret. When I play squishies, his line nuke can take anywhere from 1/3 to 1/5 of my hit points in one cast, and that thing is on a low cooldown. Many things I can tolerate about him, but when his team is pushing a turret and he can whittle away me/our squishies with only 2-3 spells cast, I have a problem with that.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
anything that says "UNIQUE" does not stack. anything else does stack. For instance, if you buy 2 Infinity Edges, you'll get + 150 damage, +40% Crit Chance and 250% damage on crits. The first 2 portions aren't unique so you get it from both, the last portion is, so you don't get it from both.

the yi build that I see most nowadays is something like this:
cloth armor + 5 hp pots
boots
wriggle's lantern
zerker's greaves
warmog's armor
atma's impaler
banshee's veil

they just build really tanky because his natural damage output is really high off of just Wuju + Highlander. Obviously they jungle, but you're like, level 10 or something right? at that level, you probably wanna just chill in a lane and farm up to a wriggle's lantern and then just start mauling the jungle and ganking.
I'm about to hit level 9, but yeah I've always just gone for straight damage output and attack speed with Infinity Edge and Ghostblade, and maybe a little Bloodthirster and Stark's fervor in there too. Can you really tank Yi enough? He seems to die SUPER fast in big encounters, ha that's probably cause everyone always goes for the Yi rofl. I'll try this build out though, even if it completely goes against my all offensive style.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Nocturne pokes way to freaking hard at someone who's standing under their turret. When I play squishies, his line nuke can take anywhere from 1/3 to 1/5 of my hit points in one cast, and that thing is on a low cooldown. Many things I can tolerate about him, but when his team is pushing a turret and he can whittle away me/our squishies with only 2-3 spells cast, I have a problem with that.
1. when are you going to change that butt-ugly avatar to be this face, http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=125962&d=1298892870, instead?
2. man, if nocturne is giving you problems with poking, you should really just try to avoid playing vs. a competent Ezreal ever. Less than half the CD with 300+ extra range and more damage to boot.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Oh he's definitely awesome, but counterjungling Nocturne is a lot easier than, say, Olaf.

When I see jungle Noc I have my team CV enemy golem after mine dies and if it's gone I go blue > wolves > enemy doublegolem > gank Noc as he comes by red.

Works every time. :awesome:
I like to take Red from junglers strong gankers because it cripples their primarily strength when it's most effective (early game), and they won't be getting assistance from teammates if they don't know I'm there. Tend to head there right after blue if I can with Trundle. Easy steal and then you can go **** your jungle/gank, and they miss out on a lot of XP and early game strength.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
1. when are you going to change that butt-ugly avatar to be this face, http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=125962&d=1298892870, instead?
2. man, if nocturne is giving you problems with poking, you should really just try to avoid playing vs. a competent Ezreal ever. Less than half the CD with 300+ extra range and more damage to boot.
QFFT

Seriously the difference between those luxes is boner-causing and boner-losing.

I like to take Red from junglers strong gankers because it cripples their primarily strength when it's most effective (early game), and they won't be getting assistance from teammates if they don't know I'm there. Tend to head there right after blue if I can with Trundle. Easy steal and then you can go **** your jungle/gank, and they miss out on a lot of XP and early game strength.
Can trundle kill it fast enough, though? Or do you kill the minilazards and then pull Red into the brush?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Trundle can kill Red really fast if you have Blue and a point in Contaminate (just make sure you place it so most of the AoE is off near dragon side, so they can't see it). If I know they're starting at Blue I'll get it before they've even started at Wraiths (I like to grab Big Wolf before Blue if possible, and have someone leash it, ideally). Your red is also safe if this happens because they'll be walking in the opposite direction of your red. The only time you might run into a snag is if they happen to go for double golem first after clearing blue side, but that almost never happens, and you should be healthy enough to run away if they do.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
When I jungle nocturne I can clear wraiths and wolves before creeps even get to lane. From there I either go straight to blue and get a point in w at wolves, or gank with e.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
:teemo: OP, The Rain Man is a true people's champ. Though I have to say:

[13:50] Mogwai: I love how drastically perceptions of LoL characters can change
[13:51] InBedBy8HomeAt11: in reference to what
[13:51] Mogwai: Teemo
[13:51] InBedBy8HomeAt11: i mean i agree
[13:51] Mogwai: The Rain Man #1 solo queue
[13:51] Mogwai: now no one gives you **** for picking Teemo
[13:52] Mogwai: ruins half the fun of picking him
[13:52] InBedBy8HomeAt11: haha
[13:52] Mogwai: thankfully the other half of the fun of playing him is still more fun than everyone else in the game, lol
[13:52] InBedBy8HomeAt11: he is the most fun ever

Top Bottom