• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Riot acknowledged the FPS issues in the bug forum and said its the top priority of their technical meeting today. *crosses fingers*

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
holy crap, I might need to start playing Mundo:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fiBtoqoCzAM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fiBtoqoCzAM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
MUNDO WILL FOLLOW ANY CAREER PATH HE PLEASES!!! caps

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Haha... screw those PC FPS issues. I just got into the Mac Beta. So long crappy PC, HELLO awesome, top of the line Macbook Pro. Finally gonna run the game on its highest settings.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yup. Gragas Barrel looked legit, Mord looked pretty good too. Im glad they also going over the terrain, it looked too general and not in depth with small details you might not notice until you payed attention to it.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I spent an hour and a half working out a jungling path with Singed that actually works.

Now I need to practice it, queue up, get dodged six times, then on the seventh get ganked and called a noob by my teammates.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Idk, that sounds awkward. Singed not that bad in lane, room to roam and trails to leave and turrets to slain the foolish.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Of all the people to worry about flying out of the jungle...Singed is one of the worst.

And I mean 'worst' as in most terrifying.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think Dan lost that game by picking Heimer. Say what you will about the lackluster MF, or the Mumu shenanigans, but I firmly think that pick was pretty bad. It didn't synergize with the rest of his team, and he wasn't a clear CP against anyone on the other team. In fact, it's like he CP'd himself with Kog on the other team.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Epik lost. They had the last game, but Dan kinda dropped the ball for them at very key moments. The **** at Baron was just nasty to watch, how he got all the way over there alone I don't wanna know lol. Then the push at Bot where he got WAY too close Kog got a slow on him, 1-2 more hits, and Jiji cleaned up with Kennen. Where he gave up first blood, I don't blame him. His team was ****** bot, and somehow didn't go help him at mid until it was WAY too late and he was 1 v 3ing for a bit until he died with like 1 buddy helping out.

Epik had it, for like the first 30 minutes. Then frankly Kog got some kills, snowballed a tad, Dan ran off and got ***** a few times, and they got outpushed.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Is there a replay of the match? I missed it.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Epik lost. They had the last game, but Dan kinda dropped the ball for them at very key moments. The **** at Baron was just nasty to watch, how he got all the way over there alone I don't wanna know lol. Then the push at Bot where he got WAY too close Kog got a slow on him, 1-2 more hits, and Jiji cleaned up with Kennen. Where he gave up first blood, I don't blame him. His team was ****** bot, and somehow didn't go help him at mid until it was WAY too late and he was 1 v 3ing for a bit until he died with like 1 buddy helping out.

Epik had it, for like the first 30 minutes. Then frankly Kog got some kills, snowballed a tad, Dan ran off and got ***** a few times, and they got outpushed.
Thanks for the summary. :)

Wow, I'm really surprised CLG had Evelyn and Kennen. But apparently it worked. I think it just goes to show how iffy LoL tier lists are.

Is there a replay of the match? I missed it.
If you click the link Virg provided, you can watch the match.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Turazrok: I'm not an experienced jungler by any means, but here's what I do. Let me know if you think of anything that would work better.

Runes: Armor pen marks so you can actually hurt the golem, dodge seals because I guess that's what you do as a jungler (and it'll help a little later against physical DPS'ers), flat health quints and AP/level. Still kinda iffy on the blues really.

Masteries: 1/12/17. Like I said, I really don't know what I'm doing. In offense improved Smite, for defense I take the damage blockers plus the dodge masteries, and then in utility I have 3 good hands, ghost mastery, 4 exp and 4 expanded mind, 2 for neutral buffs and 3 movespeed.

To start I get cloth armor + 3 health potions. Go get golem followed by wolves followed by wraiths, then B back. Sell your armor and buy a Sapphire Crystal plus a bunch of potions. Now I will pop ghost to get to lizard faster, but in a real game if I saw a lane was pushed hard I would save my ghost for the gank. Get lizard, get golems, then--assuming there's no other jungler--I cross river to pick up the other golem and wolves. Then back across to get wraiths and then wolves again, and that's all I've got for now. At this point it's about 6 minutes, I'm level 5 and I've got Boots, a Sapphire crystal, and the money for potions, wards, an elixir, whatever. Ghost should be up by the time I'm ready to head to a lane or mid.

Suggestions? Again, not a jungler, this is all new to me.

Edit: Oh yeah, and for skills go Q-E-Q-E-Q-R, if you're needed for a gank at level 4 after lizard go Q-E-Q-W-Q-R so you can slow + ghost. Pick the target without flash, obviously ;P

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Thanks for the summary. :)

Wow, I'm really surprised CLG had Evelyn and Kennen. But apparently it worked. I think it just goes to show how iffy LoL tier lists are.

If you click the link Virg provided, you can watch the match.
Eve was the spectator; Eve didn't actually fight. So that people could watch the match better, they had each team get an extra character with a summoner spell that would make them invis and not affect the game in any way, where you could see both enemies and "friendly" targets constantly. Eve was on one side, Teemo on the other. At least last game was like that, forgot what it was the previous game.

Kennen was a strong pick for them. Epik had an issue of over extending and bad positioning, and Kennen TORE THAT apart like a Boss. Dan getting too close? Chase down, Ult/stun MF, use Zhonya's, ****. Kennen after the buff has shaped up to be a pretty solid tier 2 pick IMO.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1

Watched the match. Dan didn't do as bad as you made it sound DMG. Phreak picked on him a little bit for 1-2 bad positioning problems but overall he was really strong. He seemed to pick up at least 2 kills in the team fights that Epik won, but just got caught a couple times in a bad spot and was punished for it. The death at baron was because Epik let their team get split on the initiation. Two went top, three went bottom and when CLG originally went after the guys fleeing towards the wraith camp, Dan didn't finish his run away for some reason. Maybe he thought he would pinch and his teammates would turn a fight? Not sure. In any case, for most of the game HotShotGG's positioning was worse than Dan's. His team just didn't let him pay for it as often.

I think was really won the day for CLG was actually Janna. She didn't rack up a bunch of kills or anything, but she kept disrupting the AoE and saving CLG after the Amumu ults. At least two critical teamfights were won because she timed and placed her ult well. She was able to split Epik a few times, which gave her team free focus targets and let Kog'Maw really open up on people.

Overall, really great match. I really like the way they managed their lanes, how they didn't panic and stayed on objective, even when the enemy creeps were pushing lanes. I hope the international finals are just as exciting.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
Kogmaw is pretty op with the items that hotshot had. as long as he stayed behind everyone and got babysat then the other team had no way of getting out there. Top needed a gank bad when kennen and annie farmed till level 13 that should never happen because kennen's ult with zhonyas was really what won the finals for them.

i do a livestream of me playing through out the day in hd

www.livestream.com/roflstompers

if its a livestream of me playing vlad then it isnt live.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I love Dan, but it just was not a strong pick given the circumstances. Heimerdinger did not really CP anyone on their team (Kennen and Kog are like CP's against him and everyone else at that point was pretty beefy/not a clear target for Heimer to pick on), and he didn't have synergy with his own team lineup. They had AoE **** and plenty of disables, but Heimer couldn't really set up anything for his team. Most of the time, you saw him poking and defending. Kog and Kennen gave him hell defending since they can easily outpoke him.

IDK what alternatives he had, but Heimer just wasn't a good pick. Worst pick of that game all things considered.

Now, his mistakes in game were lethal for his team. Anytime Dan dropped off real fast, it was an instant 4 v 5 and lead to either his team getting aced or left too weak to defend pushes/defend Baron. When he lived, he could contribute and they even won some good fights when he was alive. But there were too many key times where he was over extended or away from the group, and just got *****.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Miss Fortune is my new favorite character. I laughed at the people saying her Ult is OP. Just hit her/stun/disable/etc and she's ****ed. She is ridiculous at controlling mid lane in early-mid game. Once you hit midgame I like to use my 490 movement(I get Boots of Mobility added to her Passive to get around unless they have alot of debuffs and such then I go Merc treads) to run around and support the side lanes. By support I mean channel my ult in a bush and ****. Oh she's so fun.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
I actually hate Miss Fortune, not gonna lie.

I don't think she's overpowered, at all actually, and she's pretty easy to deal with, but I honestly think that that's some of the worst champion design... ever. Only character that even comes close to how stupid her playstyle is is Kog'maw, but Kog wins because he's adorable.

They seriously just wanted to add another pair of boobs to the game. And they didn't give her a single unique ability :( I'm very upset with Riot over her.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Her playstyle (always changing positions with a very high chance of escaping if the fight goes wrong) appeals to me. I love how she can travel between sides of the map with ease without needing to waste a slot on Teleport. While none of her abilities are unique I feel that the combination of them + her passive makes her acceptable.
The boobs don't really phase me since I'm gay but whatever.

Turazrok

Smash Master
As an udyr main I lol when MF tries to 1v1 me. Bait ulti bear stance it then clean up

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Did they change the level requirement for Ranked without me noticing? Somehow I got into a friend's Ranked que when I'm still only 26 o.O

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
IDR, I think they might have changed it back to 20, or where the person making it has to be lvl 30. Dunno

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
you can be 20 if you are in a group of 5

They seriously just wanted to add another pair of boobs to the game. And they didn't give her a single unique ability :( I'm very upset with Riot over her.
a string of new female champs means more boobs

Top Bottom